Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:12:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persistancy Mods maybe not so Screwed.  (Read 19380 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: April 01, 2009, 09:51:29 pm »

As you may or may not be aware, Europe in Ruins: Reinforcements, and Operation Market Garden (A similar, yet unique Persistancy mod) are both rendered unplayable by Relics 'Anti-Cheating' system.

No units can spawn, nor can any Upgrades be assigned dynamically (To name only a few restricted functions.)

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=220464
This thread is a thread on relicnews, requesting a Anti-cheat switch.

Please comment here, and on the relic news thread if you feel like playing EIRR or OMG ever again ;P

Thanks for your patience.
LuciferNZ
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 09:14:11 pm by EIRRMod » Logged

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 09:59:04 pm »

mabey put up a post at GR.org, cause I know Thunder the relic community manager looks there, and the more times we can make him see this request the better.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 10:02:19 pm »

Go go go, start spamming that thread with endless hordes of smurf accounts !

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 10:11:41 pm »

!@$^()*&

For some reason, I regret not voting for Blizzard.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 10:11:54 pm »

Go go go, start spamming that thread with endless hordes of smurf accounts !

*Akranadas facepalms

Don't
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 10:17:43 pm »

haha... traitor, I knew you will show up, you should also get burned for it bitch :p lol.

EIRR for life!
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 10:19:42 pm »

As much as I love EIR, my soul belongs to Sorak, and he commands me to do the deeds that need to be done. That includes sacrificing people who break his commandments.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 11:28:49 pm »

let me guess, relic isnt even responding?  gay ness.. if they dont fix this i probably will just throw the game away, they had to know it would screw up mods... or, maybe they did it on purpose?

TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 11:31:43 pm »

They probably didn't even consider checking if mods were affected by the patch, beyond the obvious.

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 12:25:32 am »

when i was at the relic open house last year most of the 'developers' of relic didn't know what EIR was.  Or atleast so they said.

I am sure their first and foremost care is their own protection of IP.

Hopefully we will change their mind on this patch restriction somehow.

Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 12:29:10 am »

They probably didn't even consider checking if mods were affected by the patch, beyond the obvious.

Theyre making this game for quite some time, dont you know developers know exactly what changes will happen and what will be affected ? Like is this the first time a patch screws up the modding community ? Dont just take EIRR as an isolated example.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 12:32:35 am »

Just let me know where I need to post, and who i need to bribe, or coerce or fly to, or picket or....  whatever. 

Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 12:48:09 am »

Just let me know where I need to post, and who i need to bribe, or coerce or fly to, or picket or....  whatever. 

First post marks the x  Grin
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 12:56:37 am »

Theyre making this game for quite some time, dont you know developers know exactly what changes will happen and what will be affected ? Like is this the first time a patch screws up the modding community ? Dont just take EIRR as an isolated example.

The guys making the cheat system know it's restricting SCAR changes.  They probably don't even know about EiR and so didn't consider checking to see if that was a problem.  If they did consider mods, they probably only checked traditional mods that just change units.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 01:28:45 am »

Either they are idiots or the team at relic is really small, or I'll be nice enough to say, maybe they are so humble they didn't think CoH was modded how EIRR has modded it. But I'll go with the idiot thing considering there are mods for like EVERY decent PC game and considering there is something called mod of the year and a mod data base. I mean really, how many developers have made this mistake in the past, at this point in time there really shouldn't be an excuse for patching your game and having it mess up mods, no forethought.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 02:55:02 am »

You should send relic an email with a short description and history of this modification and the troubles it faces today. I mean, honestly, Relic should be grateful that people want to put time in mods/maps and all other kinds of community work as not only does it attract extra buyers, it also expands the lifetime of their game.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 06:00:06 am »

Honestly i dont think Relic ignores Eir or persistency. On the contrary. Just look at company of heroes online. I think we've getting a point that companies realize that it is in multiplayer that where the big bucks are, and that mmo persistent games is where the future of online play lies on. Btw i always smile when i remember that FLdash was offered a position to work for relic Tongue
Captain Trek Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 08:21:14 am »

Honestly i dont think Relic ignores Eir or persistency. On the contrary. Just look at company of heroes online. I think we've getting a point that companies realize that it is in multiplayer that where the big bucks are, and that mmo persistent games is where the future of online play lies on. Btw i always smile when i remember that FLdash was offered a position to work for relic

It almost sounds like you're suggesting that Relic wanted to kill EiR...
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 08:22:56 am »

Honestly i dont think Relic ignores Eir or persistency. On the contrary. Just look at company of heroes online. I think we've getting a point that companies realize that it is in multiplayer that where the big bucks are, and that mmo persistent games is where the future of online play lies on. Btw i always smile when i remember that FLdash was offered a position to work for relic

hey thtb whats up?
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 08:29:50 am »

thats what iam thinking, i mean comon, if your a programmer developer you know whats going on, you not just way out there not aware of the surroundings and so on...  the relic guys cant be that stupid...    but then again, with thier stupid stats and modifiers etc on units maybe they are?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc