Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:47:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revision 005 Live!  (Read 14375 times)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 11:35:10 am »

Why don't PE get AT guns or HMGs? 

Honestly I don't know why they gave them to the British, I thought they were giving Fallschirm cloak AT guns to the US in an effort to make them less cannon fodderish and as for the HMG I don't know that, either.

In fact, as for why the bofors and Vickers exist at all for vanilla brits when the other three emplacements have been moved to doctrine-specific is beyond me.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 11:35:49 am »

omg.... Give us the edit button!....

Because the Brits now must purchase more AT gun assets than before, this is an indirect nerf to the rest of their company due to the increased manpower cost attached to it.

Do you realize that doesn´t make any sense, at all?

Brits now have more AT options... so... that´s an indirect nerf? lmao.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Captain Trek Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 11:41:05 am »

So basically Whermacht has been massive buffed, PE has has been moderately buffed, Americans have been slightly buffed and British emplacements have been absolutely nerfed to all Hell, but they have some new units and buffs to some of its other units that I'm sure will fail to make up for it... Yea... and I bet making 88s and MP44s even more monstrous is going to help with that whole "American players quit at three times the rate of other players" thing everybody seemed to be so worried about not so long ago... Undecided

And where are Royal Artillery's Supercharge Rounds to make up for all the off-map artillery the Axis just got? Where are all the Armour Company abilities? How exactly is any of this supposed to be balanced? These are vital questions I feel need to be answered... And if your response is, "this is still a work in progress," fair enough, but you had fair warning that the new ToV players blowing in were likely to get pissed of and leave if the balance remained buggered...

Also, what the Hell was the point of moving the 25 pounder to Royal Artillery? Any RA player who sticks with it is rapidly going to replace those pieces of crap with Priests anyway, so thanks for effectively deleting the unit from the game, that's good of you... You could have at least left it as a lower-end artillery option for all British players...

For that matter, I can't really see the point in moving the 17 and mortar pit to Royal Engineers either... What precisely was the rationale behind cutting RA and Commandos players off from these units?

It's rather fortuneate for me that I'm a non-emplacement British player myself, so these nerfs don't effect me very much (and indeed, I'm very much looking foward to trying out the new support weapons), but I'm quite firmly the exception, the freak of nature in fact... I can't think of a single other British player who doesn't use emplacements and these changes... Well, frankly they're pretty harsh... Surely emplacements weren't bad enough to justify what's been done in this Revision...
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 12:00:09 pm »

Do you realize that doesn´t make any sense, at all?

Brits now have more AT options... so... that´s an indirect nerf? lmao.

It's because in order to have the same amount of AT they had before they have to buy more units, which equates to more money you have to spend to achieve the same effect. It's basically a cost increase on British AT in general. They don't have "more options" unless you're Royal Engineers, they have DIFFERENT options... and fewer PIATs/repair sappers.

And if I know one thing it's that with only six sappers to go around there is no way I'm spending money on the detection kit now even less than before, and now I don't even bother with repair sappers anymore. So much for diverse upgrades - if the upgrades don't get used because there's no room for them in your company no point in them existing. I'm not paying PP so I can have a sapper with a mine sweeper.

Quote from: Captain Trek
I bet making 88s and MP44s even more monstrous is going to help with that whole "American players quit at three times the rate of other players" thing everybody seemed to be so worried about not so long ago...

This is a key point. Why after all that discussion on Americans not having any player retention did Americans get no buffs whatsoever? Why did the thing you guys said would be added to the 57 instead get put on a whole new unit (admittedly a 57mm by another name) and added to British? This patch makes very little sense on the whole, in my opinion, as it lacks appropriate direction.

Also, what the Hell was the point of moving the 25 pounder to Royal Artillery? Any RA player who sticks with it is rapidly going to replace those pieces of crap with Priests anyway, so thanks for effectively deleting the unit from the game, that's good of you... You could have at least left it as a lower-end artillery option for all British players...

This is very true as well - the 25 lber is only moderately useful, and is absolutely worthless compared to the Priest. Now without the ability for players who don't have access to the omnipotent priest to instead be able to access at least some form of artillery, the 25 lber effectively no longer exists as a unit. Same thing I mentioned above with the sappers - now that there's even fewer sappers (again, this is the second direct nerf to sappers as a general unit on top of two nerfs to the PIAT) there's no real reason to buy advanced repair on them, or the mine detector. There's just no point to wasting valuable sappers on such trivial upgrades in the same way there's no reason to settle for a 25 lber when there's a priest readily available at eight times the effectiveness.

For that matter, I can't really see the point in moving the 17 and mortar pit to Royal Engineers either... What precisely was the rationale behind cutting RA and Commandos players off from these units?

I dunno what should've been done with the 17, but I see no reason the mortar pit should really be moved to a doctrine specific role. The bofors is still for everybody, so is the vickers, why the mortar pit? Furthermore the commandos doctrine basically just lost its reason for being now that every brit has ready access to mortar and HMG teams (one of which is flat out better, being the cloakable HMG team [it doesn't cloak yet, but it will, apparently]).

It's rather fortuneate for me that I'm a non-emplacement British player myself, so these nerfs don't effect me very much (and indeed, I'm very much looking foward to trying out the new support weapons), but I'm quite firmly the exception, the freak of nature in fact... I can't think of a single other British player who doesn't use emplacements and these changes... Well, frankly they're pretty harsh... Surely emplacements weren't bad enough to justify what's been done in this Revision...

I had to sell every tank in my company except one to pay for the new AT guns and mortar combination. Looks like I'm off to WW1.
Captain Trek Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 12:12:30 pm »

This is a key point. Why after all that discussion on Americans not having any player retention did Americans get no buffs whatsoever?

Well, the reduced time to build MG nests and Triage centres are technically buffs and indeed, losing a whole minute of the MG nest's build time is certainly welcome, but MG nests are of limited utility and it's unlikely a 10 second different to Triage Centre build time is going to make much of a difference... Not to mention the slight nerf that the BAR recieved... I do also find it rather odd that the build time on the howitzer was apparently changed from 60 seconds... to 60 seconds...
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 05:14:02 pm »

aww...reset Sad

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2009, 05:27:49 pm »

oh i guess not. i just couldn't sign in.

you still need to change the arty reinforcements, the bofors doesn't work for the american side.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2009, 06:06:19 pm »

do lieutenants work for american infantry yet?

Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 12:44:00 pm »

My Shreks for Storm Troopers are still the same munition price for the second one...

thaelmann Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 12:54:23 pm »

i guess you have to rebuy them, otherwise the changes won't apply. i had the same issue with my nebel.

Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 12:56:47 pm »

My Shreks for Storm Troopers are still the same munition price for the second one...

That change was implemented so long ago.. I think you're just reading it wrong.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 07:33:56 pm »

150 for the first and 150 for the second is that right because thats what Iam paying?
Nanaki Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 09:53:05 am »

Furthermore the commandos doctrine basically just lost its reason for being now that every brit has ready access to mortar and HMG teams (one of which is flat out better, being the cloakable HMG team [it doesn't cloak yet, but it will, apparently]).

I actually agree with this... Why did they make Commando HMG/Commando Mortar redundant when their roles can be accomplished just as well by non-doctrine units? IMO, the 6 Pounder Gun was badly needed, but with the HMG/Mortar teams the Commando varients need a very big buff or they need to cost a lot less (currently the vanilla HMG team is more expensive than the Commando one, but the vanilla Mortar is cheaper than the Commando mortar).
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 09:58:32 am »

Furthermore the commandos doctrine basically just lost its reason for being now that every brit has ready access to mortar and HMG teams (one of which is flat out better, being the cloakable HMG team [it doesn't cloak yet, but it will, apparently]).

I actually agree with this... Why did they make Commando HMG/Commando Mortar redundant when their roles can be accomplished just as well by non-doctrine units? IMO, the 6 Pounder Gun was badly needed, but with the HMG/Mortar teams the Commando varients need a very big buff or they need to cost a lot less (currently the vanilla HMG team is more expensive than the Commando one, but the vanilla Mortar is cheaper than the Commando mortar).
no because their support weapons are better

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 10:08:44 am »

Different... not better... their non doctrinal HMG is like a BAR squad, and their non doctrinal mortar... is like an HMG lolz.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc