Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:16:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Map Review  (Read 27397 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2013, 03:09:53 pm »

My point is simply, Tanteville was the best of crappy maps. When Neuville came it revolutionized all that because it set a much higher standard. Your map should therefor not try to live up to the standard of Tanteville. Also one or two pieces of cover is not going to change the map, even Tanteville has a little bit of cover in the town.

What's this so called map revolution you speak of? What exactly are you basing map quality on? And how is neuville less crap than tanteville, or say bocage or abbeville or bastion  (maps that were the most popular 3vs3 before neuville)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2013, 04:17:29 pm »

They lack a good proportion between buildings, cover, open fields and roads as well as space on the sides of the map to allow for flanking. They also tend to cater to specific companies or playstyles as well as slow down the flow of gameplay. Many of them are too simplistic or realistic. Neuville is all about the gameplay.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2013, 05:26:35 pm »

I personally am not a big fan of neuville as it seems like every game on it pretty much plays out in the same fashion. It's good in that it is a fair enjoyable map but maps like abbeville and red ball have a lot of variety in how and where people fight on them and that is pretty cool.

Neuville isn't bad at all. It's a very good map but I think it is more good in that it is easy to approach and is a pretty blank slate. It doesn't really effect the game so much as provide a basic setting.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2013, 05:35:34 pm »

Can I suggest Tank possibly adding some sort of screenshot in all the map feedback threads you have created.  Some maps I haven't in a while and a picture to reference while responding on the forums would be nice even if I do manage to get a game on them in the near future.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2013, 06:28:20 pm »

the idea is you review the map by playing it... not by judging a picture and saying x y and z is shit. its the whole point of his post. dont post suggestions until youve played the map recently and have constructive criticism suggesting ways to improve it in stead of being an armchair map general.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2013, 07:28:14 pm »

Pretty much what deadbolt said......(I think the planet just slipped on it's axis with the comment)

But I also understand that sometimes you need that image to jog your memory. I will see if I can scrounge up some time to do it.

In the meantime, go play the map   Wink

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2013, 03:59:47 am »

Though I agree with Deadbolt and inherently understand the premise of these map review threads,  I still believe you can comment about certain maps w/o having played a game recently on it. 

Some players have already put in a number of games on these maps when they were very popular, few of these maps have gone under revision in the past 1.5-2 years, and given the much smaller playerbase nowadays it may be unrealistic for many players to fit in a 4v4 on the maps up for review.

Granted I would love to get some games on all the maps up for review again and will try to do so when there are the players online for it.  However, after having played 1000+ games in EiRR, I can pretty confidently, imo, critique some maps like Carentan w/o playing it recently.

Thanks for the pictures, Tank.

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2013, 06:49:47 am »

Pretty much what deadbolt said......(I think the planet just slipped on it's axis with the comment)

But I also understand that sometimes you need that image to jog your memory. I will see if I can scrounge up some time to do it.

In the meantime, go play the map   Wink

Lol that won't happen often, I only talk seriously on the forums when I'm drunk tbfh, and I rarely make it on when I'm drunk, but when I do I usually give baus comments, I end up banned kekeke
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc