Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 07:29:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] Staghound - Underpriced?  (Read 41145 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 07:49:18 am »

With that in mind I dont know if its right to nerf the staghound anymore. I I dont think raising the price of the M3 MG munitions upgrade on it further is going to accomplish much other than gimping it completly, maybe a smidgeon more fuel, but you have to consider that if the M3 and the stag has the same MG and one has to pay 50 or MORE munitions for it..(if nerfed further)

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 09:33:40 am »

I dont think raising the price of the M3 MG munitions upgrade on it further is going to accomplish much other than gimping it completly, maybe a smidgeon more fuel, but you have to consider that if the M3 and the stag has the same MG and one has to pay 50 or MORE munitions for it..(if nerfed further)

I think the argument on this would be the durability of the platform and the arc of fire. Grenades/stickies are more expensive on Elite Infantry as compared to rifles and the Stug, while having the same gun as a P4, are still cheaper due to various reasons, one of which, I believe has to do with tis arc of fire.

With that in mind I dont know if its right to nerf the staghound anymore.

I don't mean to "nerf" it, but I personally find it to be the most cost effective light vehicle so far, yielding large amount of kills for what it costs. I personally think it is too cost efficient.

Would this be a case of other light vehicles being too expensive? Or perhaps I have a skewed perspective and should play more with the staghound?

What do you think is the effect of an increase in the pricing of the staghound MG, MP or FU on the base unit or its upgrades?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 01:51:20 pm »

i can get a ton of kills on an m8 just like i would on a stag but with the americans you have more ai options than you do with brits. Oh and just a caveat Smokaz, the stuart gets the bonuses.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 02:27:52 pm »

I don't see why we can't just eliminate all ToV units from EiR. They've only caused trouble since day one. Hard/impossible to balance the damn things and they're the best units with which to grief other players.

ToV sucks. Its units suck. Remove them!

Just an aside... It reflects poorly on the mod when any unit is spammed to ridiculous effect. Stags are one of the main units used by players guilty of this. Is that the image you want noobs confronted with when they first start out? 
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 02:29:42 pm »

lmao good point malgoroth, Stags need to nerfed or removed they are ridiuclous as hell, you can fit 14 in one company and they can kill just about anything

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 02:30:58 pm »

a tank? shrecks used well?

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 02:32:15 pm »

look at Bren carrier mmg guys. Stags in comparison with bren is not a problem at all

Senseless and ruthless.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 02:33:10 pm »

hants when someone has a cmpany with 14 stag hounds, 3 of them can kill 1 tank just by cirlceing it
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 02:34:35 pm »

lmao good point malgoroth, Stags need to nerfed or removed they are ridiuclous as hell, you can fit 14 in one company and they can kill just about anything

You can get 6 at most without going into OVERSUPPLY (being at 54 pool cost out of a possible total of 36 + 20).  If one wants to take one, they're losing 9 PP for every dead Stag per game.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 02:37:26 pm »

Define "shrecks used well". You mean kept safe in cover? While the stags roll around zapping your support weapons?

And tanks? Tanks which take 4 shots to finish off the little bastards? All the while they're rolling around zapping your support weapons?

The only way to "shut down, hard" stag spam is with a gimmick of your own, or cosmically laughable good luck.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 02:40:40 pm »

lmao totally agree with malgo
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 02:41:36 pm »

You can get 6 at most without going into OVERSUPPLY (being at 54 pool cost out of a possible total of 36 + 20).  If one wants to take one, they're losing 9 PP for every dead Stag per game.

There's a company wipe soon. The doctrines aren't all in yet. No warmap yet. So what if they spend 9 PPs per game in this kind of environment? They get to have fun being jackasses and spam bullshit units to the detriment of fellow players; some of whom (most likely new people) will either quit, or try to emulate that play-style - only furthering the problem.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 02:43:11 pm »

Buildings, trenches, Clown Cars, multiple overlapping ATGs with a tank support.  For 3 stags on the field you can easily field 3 stugs (and the 'little bastards' may be able to circle 1 or 2 but they will still get shots off), or a mix of a stug and several ATGs, multiple allied shreak squads, faust units, could also lay a volks or regular mine to the side of your atg/infantry in anticipation of a circle strafe.  Multiple 50mms spread out (and not all lined right next to each other), same with Marders.. quite a few ways to kill them.  Last game I just saw axis bunch up all their AT vehicles next to each other while 2 M8s and 3 stags ripped them apart since they weren't layered... you can't just mob together against light vehicles, gets them killed.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 02:44:29 pm »

There's a company wipe soon. The doctrines aren't all in yet. No warmap yet. So what if they spend 9 PPs per game in this kind of environment? They get to have fun being jackasses and spam bullshit units to the detriment of fellow players; some of whom (most likely new people) will either quit, or try to emulate that play-style - only furthering the problem.

To my knowledge there isn't a wipe coming soon, they've already wiped already and the other doctrines aren't in.  Why would they wipe again considering the people who are playing the first batch of companies have gotten to lvl 9 and others are working on their 2nd company?
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 02:47:54 pm »

To my knowledge there isn't a wipe coming soon, they've already wiped already and the other doctrines aren't in.  Why would they wipe again considering the people who are playing the first batch of companies have gotten to lvl 9 and others are working on their 2nd company?

EIRRMod said there would be a wipe soon because of the warmap.

You realize those 3 stags come on the field with an ally in support, yes? That ally can make up for any weakness 3 stags have and augment their already ridiculous cost effectiveness 10 fold. A bren squad/sticky riflemen squad with an ATG in support nullifies tank counters. If you have too much in the way of AT, you're extremely exposed to infantry, and even then... your infantry AT will have to stay in cover to take out the stags without dying in the process, but that only exposes them to brit artillery (which was a fucking mistake to ever give any faction an arty doctrine. The british in general was a huge relic fuck up imho). Those 3 Stags can zip in and out of your lines taking pot shots at your infantry, circling your support units, and in general sucking you dry of resources.

The little shits are too cost effective. They require either a massive rescource increase, or they just need to be removed. Wasn't the roo removed because it was too cost effective and hard to balance? There's a precedent for this kind of thing. 

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 03:00:02 pm by Malgoroth » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 04:12:36 pm »

The little shits are too cost effective. They require either a massive rescource increase, or they just need to be removed. Wasn't the roo removed because it was too cost effective and hard to balance? There's a precedent for this kind of thing. 

No, first it wasn't entirely removed (it will be reintroduced as a warmap unit), and second the reason was because the units inside it made it impossible to balance.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 04:26:24 pm »

EIRRMod said there would be a wipe soon because of the warmap.

You realize those 3 stags come on the field with an ally in support, yes? That ally can make up for any weakness 3 stags have and augment their already ridiculous cost effectiveness 10 fold. A bren squad/sticky riflemen squad with an ATG in support nullifies tank counters. If you have too much in the way of AT, you're extremely exposed to infantry, and even then... your infantry AT will have to stay in cover to take out the stags without dying in the process, but that only exposes them to brit artillery (which was a fucking mistake to ever give any faction an arty doctrine. The british in general was a huge relic fuck up imho). Those 3 Stags can zip in and out of your lines taking pot shots at your infantry, circling your support units, and in general sucking you dry of resources.

Honestly stop whining. M8's are a far more effective start and unit all together, also when using them as an opening start you can put down 3 mines in key areas to make up for your weeknesses.

Brit arty sucks. It was only good in vcoh due to spamability and Overwatch.

In my honest opinion (see how much better it looks spelled out) players need to stop whining so much and just play. Hell if your so worried about those stags, open with a P4 and don't charge with it, keep it back with your infantry and dare the stags to come.

Fuck we gotta deal with pumas and thier stupid phase armor which is much more bullshit then any staghound.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 04:30:30 pm »

Actually Pumas are extinct because of all the allied handheld that rapes it now.

Go look at the puma leaderboard. Pumaballers like me, elite and Jinker used to have some dominating vet 3 pumas there..

Now.. the highest vetted puma is vet 1.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 04:31:11 pm »

m8s also have phase armor? the only difference is its more noticeable on the puma because its bigger.

Actually Pumas are extinct because of all the allied handheld that rapes it now.

Go look at the puma leaderboard. Pumaballers like me, elite and Jinker used to have some dominating vet 3 pumas there..

yep, giving boys at rifles to every doctrine was a bad idea...
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 04:35:19 pm »

Highest Staghound is vet 1

M8 is vet 2

m3 quad is vet 2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc