Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:05:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 29, 2024, 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WiP]4p_Frontlines  (Read 7304 times)
Warbirds2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: November 15, 2007, 12:32:06 am »

Well, I just started making this map about an hour ago with some interruptions, and the reason I am posting about it while it's so early in development is to find out if I'm wasting my time making this type of map.

Anyway, I planned on making this map like a breakthrough point map.  One side holds a defense line, and the other side has to break through it in the time alloted.  I also planned on talking with Cozmo about adding in SCAR coded stuff to make it more than just a meat grinder map.

I've got a portion of the trench system done for the line, and I'd also like to know if the map should be bigger.  Suggestions and comments are encouraged.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/GruntyGoodness/Frontlines/FrontlinesOverhead1.png
(Old Overhead v1)

(New overhead v2)

That's about all I have remembered to say in this post.  Now I have to go to sleep.

~Warbirds
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:35:05 am by Warbirds2 » Logged
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:47:41 pm »

This would be a fun map if you added a river to cross too, and maybe a row of "dragon's teeth."  Like trying to break the Sigfrid Line.

I think these types of maps will have a great need if we try to attach the total war map to them.  That way each sector could be represented by a type of map, like invasion to hedgerow to open country, maybe a breakthrough map into the forest etc...

Then in the future depending on where the war was, the EiR launcher could auto pick from a few different maps of the same style.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:59:09 pm »

if i can get my ass off of Assassins creed il chat to ya Smiley.
Bonte Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 11:18:54 pm »

ASSASINS CREED CAME OUT!@!!!!!! holy shit i gotta get my ass to best buy....my ps3 has spent enough time curing cancer time for some games

I'm too candid to hide something like that. Smiley
Candid - frank; outspoken; open and sincere: a candid critic

You must really think im an idoit.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 11:34:50 pm »

i'm over it... it has some weird sci/fi twist.
Warbirds2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 09:46:50 am »

I like how more than half of the posts in my map thread have nothing to do with it.
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 10:10:35 am »

What u wanna hear? Bunkers? Sandbags? Please post maps in a more developed state.
Warbirds2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 10:35:56 am »

I've already stated why I posted the map this early, Apex.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 01:46:07 pm »

Ok i woud like to have one city based map that is a bit longer  than wide. 3v3 or 4v4, maybe even a 2v2 variation.

It shoud have something like a city center with a main street leading to it.
The main street shoud connect the 2 spawn´s.
The streets going of the main street shoud be partly or better comletly blocked with (Destroyable!) Tank-block´s.

And for godsake PLEASE add a few Dead-End´s, as well as road´s so small the only 1 vehicle can go throw. Maybe as wide as a pe-barricade.

A small-ish river and a park are optional, but if added add some small bridges to it and a land-crossover of vehicle´s.

If the city has to be destroyed focus it around that main street.
Also the main street shoud be the fastest way to move, but have very low cover besides some tankbattle-remains.

As for your map:  Add a inf only-small pathway-sneak that shit- thing Wink

Warbirds2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 02:04:47 pm »

Ok i woud like to have one city based map that is a bit longer  than wide. 3v3 or 4v4, maybe even a 2v2 variation.

It shoud have something like a city center with a main street leading to it.
The main street shoud connect the 2 spawn´s.
The streets going of the main street shoud be partly or better comletly blocked with (Destroyable!) Tank-block´s.

And for godsake PLEASE add a few Dead-End´s, as well as road´s so small the only 1 vehicle can go throw. Maybe as wide as a pe-barricade.

A small-ish river and a park are optional, but if added add some small bridges to it and a land-crossover of vehicle´s.

If the city has to be destroyed focus it around that main street.
Also the main street shoud be the fastest way to move, but have very low cover besides some tankbattle-remains.

No.

As for your map:  Add a inf only-small pathway-sneak that shit- thing Wink

Maybe.
Thundercross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 09:20:04 am »

Nice idea,

but I was somehow thinking at the same idea and something that would really sweet would be this; you got a small rectangular map, this map is devided into 4 areas, 2 of them is totaly blocked, and has a fog of war which cannot be unrevealed. The 2 areas without fog are the 2 starting zones, 1 for the Allie and 1 for the Axis, now the allies would start on the end of the map, and their objective, is to capture the 1/4 little slice of the map wich is owned by Axis, when they do that, another slice of the map unrealveals itself and the Axis change location (Hq, troops arrival p and so on) to that slice... and so on until the Allies has to capture the last cuarter of the map. That would be a good game with a map let say, 1/4 beach (Allies), 1/4 Bunkers and Hills like D-Day, 1/4 a large crop field, and the last 1/4 a city. I never knew if there was a strong scripting system but this idea would be great Smiley
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 12:44:31 pm »

i'm over it... it has some weird sci/fi twist.

its pretty cool TBH, and i love free running... Smiley

(sorry, off topic...)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 02:20:00 am »

Interesting concept, keep it coming and you'll be on the mapteam in no time Wink.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 03:04:16 am »

so Warbirds, what sort of scar idea did you have?

oh and thanks to Fldash it will be quite easy to dl and play the scar powered versions, becuse the scar can be downloaded in the battle files if you choose to do an mission in the lobby.

BUT, for some missions i might need to add a marker here or there, so i might have to edit some of the maps.
Warbirds2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 05:35:34 am »

New Overhead.   I added in some Pantherturms for now.  I haven't decided if I should keep them in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc