Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:33:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uh-Oh........ He's back  (Read 6766 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: July 22, 2014, 10:21:15 am »

After some very positive meetings with Eirrmod and Xeoniz, I am very excited to say I am back to assist the mod moving forward.

As most of you know, Xeoniz has been quietly assisting in the back ground every now and then helping us out. I have spoken with him about moving forward with Eir2 in a upfront partner capacity. This has in turn highly motivated Eirrmod to get back at it as he is no longer the only guy to do the work.

I am sure you can imagine after 7 years of being the only guy around to do scar or launcher work has taken it's toll. With Xeoniz here to assist, the task is less daunting. It also puts us in a position of one of them covering for the other when they need it.

The first steps the coders (Eirrmod / Xeoniz) will be taking is to make some minor adjustment to the current launcher. Fixing some bugs & implementing the ban feature.
Once they have familiarized themselves with a system of parallel coding, they will move onto the new launcher and EiR2

Game Balance:

We have a new balance lead that has volunteered for the position. This person has RGD knowledge and very familiar with game stats. For obvious reasons cough*lynchmob*cough, he wants to stay anonymous. We highly respect that request and think it is a great idea. We ask that you stay open minded to this idea and allow it some time before passing judgement.

Moderation:

I really like our current form of moderation and think it is working great. Now that we finally have someone else doing it, I won't be forced into the thankless job......lol

That's all folks!

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 10:29:47 am »

If it is nightrain #wedoomed.

i also volunteer for balance.

mando snipers will be perma cloaked with 5 man squads with all sniper rifles.

and i think we can all agree that we need to bring airborne sniper back.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:34:12 am by aeroblade56 » Logged

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 10:38:24 am »

i also volunteer for balance.

Do you have RGD knowledge and very familiar with game stats?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 10:39:07 am »

Do you have RGD knowledge and very familiar with game stats?

Everyone thinks they have all the skills required Wink

What we really need right now is Groundfire to hand over the keys to the moddb page.

It hasn't been updated in forever, and I've not been able to get a hold of him, anyone help me out?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 10:42:25 am »

oh...... good question schmidt. I will try from my end as well

OK, I have him on steam, so I expect a reply soon. I just missed him.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:44:26 am by tank130 » Logged
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 10:50:52 am »

''& implementing the ban feature''

what is this? explain

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 10:55:19 am »

I have the keys to the MODB page groundfire gave them to me a long while ago i will pm schmidt with the info i last received.

Also i thought  EIRMOD didn't want it to be update as there was nothing to update and the mod wasn't in good form( i think he said that some time ago).

Hmmm. i have a very basic knowledge of RGDS so anything that leophone posted on that one page is pretty much what i know.

as for familiar with the rest, i would probably need to play alot of axis in the upcoming days.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:58:36 am by aeroblade56 » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 11:05:03 am »

''& implementing the ban feature''

what is this? explain

We currently have to manually ban people from the launcher using the SQL. We have added a ban feature directly to the launcher that will allow the moderation team to ban from the launcher with out having to get a dev member with SQL access to do it.

The system has a bug we need to work out - it wants to automatically ban Shabtajus the moment he logs in and I feel that may be too harsh............ Wink
Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 11:10:17 am »

I hope that the knowledge is not only theoretical and based on stats but that he/she also plays ACTIVELY, since ONLY looking into stats doesn't really reflect straight in to real gameplay.
EiR2.. I'm excited!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:12:16 am by Korpisolttu » Logged

TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 11:18:51 am »

If it is nightrain #wedoomed.

My guess is him or Nikomas.

I hope that the knowledge is not only theoretical and based on stats but that he/she also plays ACTIVELY, since ONLY looking into stats doesn't really reflect straight in to real gameplay.

Would agree this is 1000% the most important criteria. Actual in-game experience using multiple different factions trumps pure stats knowledge. Especially as there are so many variables to take into account when it comes to the actual in-game implications of stats.

Also, there's an unbroken pattern of: people who don't play regularly, actively and consistently over a long period of time simply lose interest once the novelty of being balance lead wears off. Not that we can blame them -- it's a lot of work so if you don't play the mod regularly after a while you're more likely to (and understandably to) say "well, I don't really care as much as I did when I started... why am I wasting time?".

Is the new lead ready and committed to go the distance? Not just to make changes but also to play and test them? To follow through a long term balance plan beyond the initial honeymoon phase of productivity at the start? If yes then great. It will help take the mod a long way.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:33:45 am by TheWindCriesMary » Logged

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 11:56:37 am »

The new lead is ready and committed to put in what ever amount of time he feels comfortable committing to this volunteer environment.

Do I expect this lead to still be a lead a year from now? I hope so, but certainly doubt it. This community sucks the life out of every person who has committed any time to it, including Eirrmod.

The person currently in the position holds all the credentials required to do the job, including everything requested in this thread thus far. How about instead of you guys speculating, you just accept the fact that at least we have someone willing, able, qualified, and available to do the work. He can asses the issues and get Nikomas busy on coding the changes.

Will this always be a perfect system - NO. And please stop expecting everything to be just as you want it all the time. This is a game that is created using volunteers doing the best they can. They will fuck up, they will take time to fix it, they do things not everyone agrees to.

Most important, they are humans giving up their time for a mod you play for free. Please have the respect and patience the situation warrants.

If anyone wants to really help the balance team. You can do so by making very short, concise posts in the balance forum.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 12:00:20 pm »

This community sucks the life out of every person who has committed any time to it, including Eirrmod.

This is very true. We've only lost 2 coders to something other then community volatility.

I've probably been the most resilient to it, but even still I'm dropping all my time into the workings of CoH2 right now. I haven't touched EiR in ages. But when the prospect of EiR2 is finally realized we'll be well under way.

It also helped that my job took me away for short stints of time.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 01:45:15 pm »

Well I doubt it's Niko as you've never let him anywhere near balance responsibilities due to a previous incident involving coders and power.

That brings it down to a short list of people who are RGD competent in the active community with Nightrain (Speedy) as one of the more likely candidates.

But I'm hoping it's somebody like Uglysori, who actually has a level and patient head.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 01:58:14 pm »

Just as I was about to declare my "I'm finally done with dealing with life's bullshit and can get back to work" post.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 02:05:13 pm »

Sceptical cat is full of scepticism.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 02:06:53 pm »

lol
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 02:16:17 pm »

the timing is to perfect.
Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 02:51:38 pm »

Somebody was speaking of starting EiR shoutcasting again. Is it too early to start adertise upcoming EiR2 in those scs (if those scs ever happen) so that those scs could be advertised at coh2.org and would actually interest CoH2 community and possibly even bring players to try old EiR?
In the other hand late adertise hype can be more effective when done widely and showy just before the release so people won't just forget the mod because of the too early show.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 05:46:32 pm »

Also i thought  EIRMOD didn't want it to be update as there was nothing to update and the mod wasn't in good form( i think he said that some time ago).
I didnt want to expand or change the current launcher in its current state.

That doesnt mean we cant at least do a run-over and fix some of the bugs/systems currently in place though =)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 05:50:53 pm »

Somebody was speaking of starting EiR shoutcasting again. Is it too early to start adertise upcoming EiR2 in those scs (if those scs ever happen) so that those scs could be advertised at coh2.org and would actually interest CoH2 community and possibly even bring players to try old EiR?
In the other hand late adertise hype can be more effective when done widely and showy just before the release so people won't just forget the mod because of the too early show.
What we can do, is give you some shoutcast material when the time is right.

If people want to advertise it, then send me a PM, and in a few weeks, we'll have some media for you.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc