Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:21:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could Change/Add one thing to EIR...  (Read 24226 times)
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« on: February 17, 2010, 01:20:43 am »

What would it be?

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 01:51:53 am »

anzac infantry  Cheesy

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Calstifer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 02:10:17 am »

Same as deamon, let ANZAC inf be available on request by australians.

"This man is incapable of doing the most simpleist of tasks.

I recommend never asking this person to do any tasked deemed easy for infants. Ever." -Various sorces.
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 03:02:11 am »

PE  tank  hunters  could  use some  sort of a  medic.

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
kwiatekkek Offline

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 03:19:35 am »

or  maybe some  sort  of an hmg  upgrrade  for  scout  car or infantry  half track(couldnt  transport troops with  it) around 40 maybe  50 MU.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 03:55:41 am »

Remove availability altogether

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 04:12:00 am »

This is my personal opinion.

I would fundamentally change the way players go about creating their companies from the ground up. Instead of purchasing any number of types of units with different resources, I'd allow them to fill up certain sections of their companies structure. These include things like Company Headquarters, Rifle Platoons, Support Platoons, Medical Services. These of course would be different depending on which Company players choose, and players could then shift the points each section has depending on what force structure they wish to employ (Offensive, Defensive, Flanking, Support, Artillery ect ect). This would mimic a more tabletop way to develop forces where players have a much more even spread of units per cost without causing spam issues and remove the need for availability.

I would also remove reward units and place them within the normal unit pool
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 04:18:11 am by Akranadas » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 05:22:19 am »

or  maybe some  sort  of an hmg  upgrrade  for  scout  car or infantry  half track(couldnt  transport troops with  it) around 40 maybe  50 MU.
Already planned!
(Standard Scout Car MG Upgrade lockdown Cheesy)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 05:37:44 am »

give the wehr schwimmwagen a bulldozer so it can crush infantry (good for driving over button squads)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 05:39:29 am »

You want a 3 pop, jeep size, dirt cheap unit to be given the ability to crush infantry...   Lips sealed
And that is the ONE, most important, thing you'd like to change/add to EIRR? lol
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 05:41:12 am »

More players.

To do this, maybe host mentor nights. Like the EIR Mentor people could host a 'Introduction' lesson to EIR on a specific day/time. Post about it on the different coh websites, tell them when its planned, with a countdown timer to be sure, so they know when exactly to be online.

All the new people will join the vent at that specific day and time and one or more mentors will explain how the mod works, after which they play some games together.

This could also be done slightly different and perhaps a bit easier in the long run.
Make 1 introduction video which covers everything there is to know to get a game going. People prefer to watch a 5 min video then to read everything in the guides on this website. The video can just be posted in the topics you post on other coh sites/forums. That way people check them out right away.

New people can easily check the video and jump right in, all they need is some playtime vs other new players. You can then host 'NoobNights' where the new players come online at a specific day and time (shown clearly by a countdown timer) so they can play couple games, have fun, learn the mod, and game against other new players.

Something like this will probably make it a lot easier for newer players to check out this mod.

Also, I read on gr.org that EIR has a bit of a bad reputation when it comes to new players joining the mod, being completely bashed etc.
I have heard thats more a thing of the past but that reputation is still there. This will also set that straight.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 05:44:43 am »

You want a 3 pop, jeep size, dirt cheap unit to be given the ability to crush infantry...   Lips sealed
And that is the ONE, most important, thing you'd like to change/add to EIRR? lol

yes, i want that becouse then i can finally have a 16 pop tank on the field, and actually also have a unit to protect from button (and flanking).
and then i wont have to rely on my teammates.
kwiatekkek Offline

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 05:48:05 am »

More players.

To do this, maybe host mentor nights. Like the EIR Mentor people could host a 'Introduction' lesson to EIR on a specific day/time. Post about it on the different coh websites, tell them when its planned, with a countdown timer to be sure, so they know when exactly to be online.

All the new people will join the vent at that specific day and time and one or more mentors will explain how the mod works, after which they play some games together.

This could also be done slightly different and perhaps a bit easier in the long run.
Make 1 introduction video which covers everything there is to know to get a game going. People prefer to watch a 5 min video then to read everything in the guides on this website. The video can just be posted in the topics you post on other coh sites/forums. That way people check them out right away.

New people can easily check the video and jump right in, all they need is some playtime vs other new players. You can then host 'NoobNights' where the new players come online at a specific day and time (shown clearly by a countdown timer) so they can play couple games, have fun, learn the mod, and game against other new players.

Something like this will probably make it a lot easier for newer players to check out this mod.

Also, I read on gr.org that EIR has a bit of a bad reputation when it comes to new players joining the mod, being completely bashed etc.
I have heard thats more a thing of the past but that reputation is still there. This will also set that straight.

briliant idea.!!!!

iam sure  helpers and  mentors gonna  love it
Cheesy
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 05:58:03 am »

I want Images to be put up showing how ordinary companies are built. eg. the core = 25 pop and tanks and support weapons have there own boxes.

and having a clear sublink to this thread on the main page. To help me not having to specifically tell every new comer how to do this properly. i dont mind doing it to those newbies that read this. but constantly doing it is frustrating.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 06:43:59 am »

Good idea skaffa, what about 2 mentor players or other people who would like to do it and have the apropriate knowlegde give a time for the new guys to gather in vent.
The mentors will play a 1v1 and broadcast it and if possible record it as ideal Tutorial. They will explain the most important things and afterwards the newbies can go off and play against each other.

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 07:34:20 am »

I want Images to be put up showing how ordinary companies are built. eg. the core = 25 pop and tanks and support weapons have there own boxes.

and having a clear sublink to this thread on the main page. To help me not having to specifically tell every new comer how to do this properly. i dont mind doing it to those newbies that read this. but constantly doing it is frustrating.

TBH, the final four people in the tourney(looking at you) should post their builds with each faction to give new people a starting point on what an effective company can potentially look like.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 07:39:42 am »

I could post a good company build and include an ingame Fraps-video with it so they get the idea how to use it properly. Else they just have the right units, but they don't know when and what to use at the right time.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 08:02:23 am »

Once we have the new launcher in we can focus in launcher and ingame video tutorials.
In the longer run we also intend on implementing a template system. (So new players can just 'load' a premade company and play)
Pasqualle Offline
Coder

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 08:20:28 am »

publicly available code repository, so I could submit improvements in my free time..
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 08:25:25 am »

publicly available code repository, so I could submit improvements in my free time..
After reading leophone's suggestion of human crush shwimwaggens.. do you think doing that would truly help the mod at all? Tongue

If I could change one thing to EiRR... I'd bring back the airborne companies of old EiR. 30 airborne squads, 6-7 RRs and a million grenades and satchels Smiley.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc