Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:12:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tank Reapers  (Read 22187 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2011, 10:20:34 am »

Smokaz update your avatar  Kiss

BigDick
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2011, 11:18:25 am »

This change to TR btw was something that I personally championed and posted a lot about, I worked perhaps overall about a year (not continually but from post #1 about it to the final blow) explaining and debating what T4s that had heavy economical advantage over others and how they needed to be dealt with. This is a shining example of my work.

lets praise the lord

WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2011, 05:48:54 pm »

But if TR is a T4? Shouldn't it be really good? I enjoy the fact that you give me more options on how to kill Tanks, but Mines and Jumbos aren't something I usually use to kill Tanks.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2011, 05:52:08 pm »

It is really good. the oldvalues were too good.

Mostcompanies use mines(even if only 1-2) so it helps and the penetration increase for Jumbo's gives it that extra bit in a slugfest.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2011, 05:57:47 pm »

But if TR is a T4? Shouldn't it be really good? I enjoy the fact that you give me more options on how to kill Tanks, but Mines and Jumbos aren't something I usually use to kill Tanks.

Its meant to increase your effectiveness of your units counter traditions. not increase your unit capabilities to counter more types of units then it was before. Forget about being Really good. check out Chemical fire, its literally a T4 that doesnt buff anything relevant to make your companies effectiveness better. Which in the future hopefully gets taken out or revamped to reflect a actual T4

Quote from: WildZontar
but Mines and Jumbos aren't something I usually use to kill Tanks.

Your opinion. but they counter tanks, so effectiveness increases like i said before.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2011, 06:08:14 pm »

I thought the Tank Reapers T4 was to boost Rangers ability to counter tanks(Something I found they could somewhat do at certain times), considering they can already counter Light Vehicles enough as it is  Tongue
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2011, 06:12:31 pm »

They still can counter tanks. They just were not meant to counter tanks from the front armour. they still do fantastic against rear armour. and thats something Rangers have always been great at
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2011, 06:17:38 pm »

I'd rather have an Ami equivilent of Teller mines than stronger Rangers. Use rangers to support mines, jumbos and ATG's and you haver a pretty damn solid company against tanks. TR is one of those t4's that is powerful only if it suits your play style. If you don't use heaps of ATG's or zooks, why did you get it?!
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2011, 06:33:04 pm »

Exactly, T4s are meant to go by Your playstyle. Not determine what you have to use.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2011, 06:36:28 pm »

Name one T4 that does not in any way determine what units you should use.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2011, 06:38:54 pm »

You cant prove that Myst.

Its like saying. Hey i like using rangers and ATGs. oh look a doctrine that buffs my playstyle. ill do that!

Or a person who looks at the T4 and says, thats the kind of playstyle i want.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2011, 06:41:58 pm »

Well none of them determine what you should use. That decisionoriginates with the individual. you simply pick a tree that matches what your seeking.

Until eventually you're like us and your simply picking units to break things or see how it pans out
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2011, 06:42:48 pm »

Maybe Tank Reapers was OP because there were barely any Axis tank buff :O
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2011, 06:44:46 pm »

Well we abolished German Steelages ago. that was a nightmare without TankReapers

Of course back then tank reapers had values of +75% to everything
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2011, 07:44:46 pm »

So, I think in-order to bring back up Tank Reapers to a reasonable level, we need to also have some Axis tank buffs.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2011, 09:14:01 pm »

So, I think in-order to bring back up Tank Reapers to a reasonable level, we need to also have some Axis tank buffs.

It's at a reasonable level, you're just doing it wrong! If you're using Rangers to counter a Tiger, p4 or any other AI tank, then.. just delete the game plox.
TANK REAPERS buffs ATG's -- the most reliable form of AT in the American arsenal, by increasing Pen, acc AND damage. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? Stack it with AP rounds and veterancy and watch it maul Axis tanks.

TBH, Tank Reapers would suit riflemen + zooks more than it would rangers, 55mu (I think?) for a zook on a rifle squad is awesome.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2011, 09:32:09 pm »

It's at a reasonable level, you're just doing it wrong! If you're using Rangers to counter a Tiger, p4 or any other AI tank, then.. just delete the game plox.
TANK REAPERS buffs ATG's -- the most reliable form of AT in the American arsenal, by increasing Pen, acc AND damage. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? Stack it with AP rounds and veterancy and watch it maul Axis tanks.

TBH, Tank Reapers would suit riflemen + zooks more than it would rangers, 55mu (I think?) for a zook on a rifle squad is awesome.

That doesn't make sense, how is a Zook more effective on a Riflesquad than a Ranger squad?
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2011, 09:47:11 pm »

Cheaper in MP (200 vs 310). MU is different, for better or worse (55 for one zook on rifles, 80 for two on rangers), on a platform that receives -10% received acc on the TR tree, compared to +5hp per man on rangers, better AI capability (due to only having one zook), Can have stickies. 5 pop vs 6. Armour on Rangers is slightly better but meh.

They both have their advantages and disadvantages. For my play style, i'd rather use rifles as I don't need two zooks to support my atg's, I already have mines for flanks too.

What's your play style?
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2011, 10:40:06 pm »

My play style relys heavily on ATGs with AP rounds that somehow always gets 2 members gibbed when a Tank fires at them, leaving the last man to retreat and immediately wasting 40 munitions on an ATG AP rounds that only lasted 5 or so minutes after calling it on the field. My Zooks even with the New TR on still have a hard time damaging a Hetzer/Panther/Panzer 4 on it's "side armor" when before you could see a chunk of the bar go down when the zooks could actually hit the tank while standing still. I don't see why people are getting worked up about Bazookas penetrating the front of Panthers with the old TR, in my experience and considering I've used TR quite a bit, I have rarely seen that happen, and if it has, then most likely due to Rangers blobs firing off a salvo of 5 or 6 zook shots all at once.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2011, 10:40:15 pm »

And when are you not floating tons of manpower?  For 110 MP, you can upgrade to Rangers to get Elite armor, get a 2nd discount bazooka for 80 (as opposed to two riflemen with bazookas bringing the MU cost to 110 MU... the price of an ATG!), and you also gain the handy fireup.  I also find Triage center pays more in keeping the tough rangers alive as opposed to fragile riflemen.

Better AI as in what... 1 extra garand?  I don't consider it a bug but under the AI focus of US Infantry, you got a SMG with your 2 bazookas.  Losing the ability to sticky and perma disable a tank is something I do miss, but I believe and feel the ranger is just an all around better buy.

That's my playstyle anyway, less reliance on ATGs and more on mobility.  Let the Brits do that stationary crap with their more powerful mortars and MGs and their cloaking ATGs.  I'll just capture axis stuff and use it against them.  Silly to bring too many ATGs due to the pop increase, so let your enemy bring it out for 5 pop (which is now equal to a riflemen), kill it and recrew for a 4 pop gun, giving you a double advantage.  Get a Pak40, even better ^^

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc