Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 02:06:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OUT bug  (Read 2507 times)
Igawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 09, 2009, 11:56:40 am »

There seems to be a bug in the launcher when on completion of a game, and the launcher comes back up, one person is 'OUT' and the game doesn't count.

I just finished playing my first game of the day. Everything launched properly, we got in game but while loading one of the player's anti-virus came up and crashed them during loading. We rehosted in game and completed the match. 53 minutes long, result was allied population victory. All players stayed in game until the end!

Upon exiting the game, the game status in launcher said that i had clicked force game (OUT) when I had not done ANY SUCH THING at ANY TIME during the launch process or after the game. A short while later it also said one of the opposing team clicked OUT (but I do not know if they had done so or not)

I'm really quite frustrated over this because I spent an hour fucking around with the slow-ass launcher (bugs and crashes oh my) getting a game started and an hour in the game itself, only to have all that effort count for nothing (not even a draw). Not to mention all the work put into that win, which was a down-to-the-wire, FAIR game.

In addition, it APPEARS to me that this has also happened to other people. While I was in launcher i saw a number of RTL games with someone labeled (OUT). Whether they did that of their own accord or not I don't know.

I do know that there isn't a whole lot of technical or specific information here but I wasn't trying to look for this issue specifically. If anyone has also had this happen to them (and/or know why it happens) please make it known here.

And before you guys start saying I deliberately forced the game to avoid losing shit, consider that I was playing as allies (who won) and this is a 3-game old company (no vet to lose).

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 12:17:47 pm »

i deliberately force games in hope it will become a draw Tongue First time it worked was like lul, so now i do it Shocked

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 12:51:25 pm »

i deliberately force games in hope it will become a draw Tongue First time it worked was like lul, so now i do it Shocked

poor..

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 01:11:25 pm »

hardly
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 02:39:23 pm »

It's bad sportsmanship and exploiting the system, therefore banable, actualy.

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 02:45:57 pm »

cant be exploiting the system if noone has said its bad. Maybe its ment to be that way.

And its a game, sportsmanship has no place. And i could always pull out the "its a beta" card.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 02:47:40 pm by Two » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 02:52:30 pm »

not anymore... lol.... and thanks for posting it haha, and f*** off for just doing it to me.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 02:55:02 pm »

:p

And it still seems like a beta. Or i could pull out the "theres no warmap" card instead Shocked
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 03:08:33 pm »

If it's blatant abuse of a bug in the system, which you percieved upon as a bug itself, it's exploiting the system and therefore banable, no matter whether it had been officialy posted yet. I'd have thought that only a warning would have sufficed if you hadn't started saying stuff like "it's a beta".

The fact it's a beta does not mean you go abusing the bugs - you tell them to the devs and do not use them any more.

Uhm, sportsmanship comes from sports, which are actualy games that require physical(basketball) or mental(chess) prowess. In this case, sportsmanship is quite applicable, as you're looking at a game, of equal and perhaps even higher mental demand than chess, and you are playing versus human players, not the AI. There is no sportsmanship in SP, of course, but dude, it's 2009 now, Doom 2 has been out of fashion for quite some time now. Frankly - saying you shall show no sportsmanship because this is a game lets us know in what respect you hold your fellow players, and in what regard they should hold you.
Osprey Offline
Maj. Osprey, Royal Lincolnshire Regiment

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 03:14:29 pm »

The fact it's a beta does not mean you go abusing the bugs - you tell them to the devs and do not use them any more.

Seconded.

Uhm, sportsmanship comes from sports, which are actualy games that require physical(basketball) or mental(chess) prowess.

So Two has never heard the word gamesmanship either?

Frankly - saying you shall show no sportsmanship because this is a game lets us know in what respect you hold your fellow players, and in what regard they should hold you.

Again Seconded. Is this something the mods can take action over (I mean punish the known exploiters rather than fix an exploit there to help make starting games easier)? Personally I'll be avoiding games with him, but it doesn't stop him abusing it against other players.

Igawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 03:55:57 pm »

Update: A couple hours later I log on and the game now shows up as a draw and I have sustained damage to my company, but i'm sure I lost more troops than what was left. PPs are also there.

Still, the game counted as a draw so the bug is still out there somewhere, just not as bad as it appeared to be.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 04:14:05 pm »

Games are not a real sport, dont kid yourself, and i make a new name frequently so you cant really dodge me.

I fail to see the big deal, you play games for fun, not to win, so why should stats matter?

And how would i know it was a bug? Maybe it was a feature i found.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 04:16:30 pm by Two » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 04:17:39 pm »

Itīs all about the ego Two.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 05:46:10 pm »

Play for fun? HA. The only reason i even play games is to win. If I buy a game it's for the Multiplayer content. Fun comes into it but my primary concern is winning. This isn't to say that I throw a tantrum anytime I lose, but for me personally it's the winning that matters. If I could fight people to the death in a gladiator style arena I probably wouldn't play games. The thing with EiRR though, especially without a war is we have a very select few people who are classified as good players. Given enough time even the best won't feel challenged to play at their prime if all their enemies are lower in skill.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 05:49:36 pm by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 05:51:21 pm »

UFC fighter Brn4meplz expresses his feelings...

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
AlcapwneD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 08:01:09 pm »

tobad most of us arent made to compete in online gaming.

CompanyofNubz - Allies
TheGenerals - Axis
Alcapwned - Axis

Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 08:02:52 pm »

TWO

Its not allowed and for your stupidity im get ack to look at your account.
Thread locked

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc