Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:42:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AB/FJ cloak  (Read 4076 times)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 26, 2014, 02:23:10 pm »

The Airborne and Luftwaffe cloak in cover should be a toggle similar to PIAT ambush so that it's easier to capture territory.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 10:20:39 pm »

I like this suggestion. Same for Defencive Middle T4.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 06:59:27 am »

Should this happen, I'd like to remind Niko to keep an eye out for any cloak modifiers, it'd be a simple matter to overlook them and have Airborne doing pretty much double damage from cloak.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 07:06:51 am »

I'd like to use a counter argument to why this isn't the best idea. A sapper like cloak ability means that you'll have to toggle your units into cloak every time you wan that. This means I cannot simply send a squad into heavy cover and expect them to cloak, but I'll have to oversee their arrival and click it for every squad I have leading to more unnecessary micro, and those docs can have a lot of squads in one go.

Just making sure not to send them into cover when wanting to cap is better option, in my opinion anyway.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 07:46:49 am »

I'd like to use a counter argument to why this isn't the best idea. A sapper like cloak ability means that you'll have to toggle your units into cloak every time you wan that. This means I cannot simply send a squad into heavy cover and expect them to cloak, but I'll have to oversee their arrival and click it for every squad I have leading to more unnecessary micro, and those docs can have a lot of squads in one go.

Just making sure not to send them into cover when wanting to cap is better option, in my opinion anyway.

yea try cap with fjs where they get super fast cloack every where lol, cloack here, clock there and aint no sector being capped

sux

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 07:55:27 am »

I guess everyone plays differently and I'm fine if the majority thinks otherwise, just saying I've never had much issue with capping with autocloak inf.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 01:03:03 pm »

It can be really difficult on some maps where most of the ground space is cover and you have a 6-man squad. So the current version is the not the most optimal.

I'd like to use a counter argument to why this isn't the best idea. A sapper like cloak ability means that you'll have to toggle your units into cloak every time you wan that.

This is a valid point. So I would like to suggest the possibility of making cloak a toggle. So that when it's deactivated your infantry can cap like normal infantry and when it's activated they automatically cloak in cover.

The cloak modifier should also be taken a look at as it doesn't seem to give any buff (for Airborne, I am unsure about Luft) as it makes cloak somewhat useless and annoying. In a game that's constantly moving there has to be at least a small damage or accuracy buff for a short time out of cloak for an ambush to have any advantage. Support weapons tend to have long range and are easy to cloak where as infantry have shorter range and more men, which makes them more difficult to cloak. Hence why a small ambush modifier would make sense.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:06:24 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc