Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:06:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallschirmjäger Starts  (Read 5422 times)
WhatIm12 Offline
EIR Regular

« on: April 26, 2012, 06:15:28 pm »

I've been experimenting with a 3 Falls and a Marder start(the whole package of upgrades on the falls), which usually ends in disaster being either a flamer blob, rangers w/ thompsons, commandos w/ stens etc. Is there anyway to make this starting work in some sort of fashion or just do away with it?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:21:42 pm by WhatIm12 » Logged
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 06:18:29 pm »

2 Falls + panther works well, except against multiple infantry heavy companies. Also helps if your teammates have a couple mortars or a sniper, as you can deal with pushes but can't push AT/MG walls *at all*
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:23:34 pm »

If your taking FG-42s on your fall squads, i really see no problem. Use each fall squad as cover and fall back.

See all those things require short range to be effective, FG-42's are pretty much rape from all distances. Probe with 1 squad, and have 2 squads lagging behind. If you run into them with your probe squad, fall back towards the other 2 squads, if they chase your probe squad, make your 2 other squads find cover and fire away. Move your probe squad either into range or hang back a bit, if they get close to the two squads, fall back with them and let the probe squad dish out some damage.

You should have sprint on all of your squads. So if the mandos pop smoke, pop srpint and get outa there. Rangers use fire up? you can see wether there gunning for you or not. Make a call on wether you can handel the incoming squd/s. If you feel you can't, run. As for flame squads, you should be able to rape em pretty easy, just don't let em get close. I suggest grabbing a Fallshirmjager Mg42 team if your having so much trouble tbh.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 06:29:26 pm »

my favourite start is 3 falls mgs and 2 falls with fausts and fg42's and falls tb.

The power of an ambushing fall mg is massive and would highly recomend it. I mean even if your doing 1 mg 2 falls and a marder it will work better. Also chose a spot a little back from where you would normally go with an army just to give yourself time to get into cover and cloak as well as deploy for the full ambush effect.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 06:35:12 pm »

2 marder 2 fsj 1 mg42 scout car (basically just support a player that has indirect fire)

have 1 marder positioned normally, and the 2nd in mid range of the other

sneak around with the fsj or just idly wait until the frustrated allied player sends something to kill the whatever allied units are hitting them
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:41:25 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 01:41:28 am »

5 FSJ tank busters with quick response. Let your enemies find them, then sprint in at all possible speed and let fly with tank killing power

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 01:50:56 am »

2 fsj with evasive manouevers(fg42/shreck),marder,scout car,mortar halftrack.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 01:51:17 am »

1fsj + inf ht - 1 marder - 1 hotchkiss stuka - 1 mg42 scout car

with fortress europe you can have an extra fsj tankbuster squad

or be ruthless and bring out an 88 straight off the back with the additional pop you get from fortress europe

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 06:20:06 am »

1fsj + inf ht - 1 marder - 1 hotchkiss stuka - 1 mg42 scout car

with fortress europe you can have an extra fsj tankbuster squad

or be ruthless and bring out an 88 straight off the back with the additional pop you get from fortress europe

Even thou fortress Europe is a cool doc, id not recommend it to new players, since all it does in effect is give you more units to handle and in addition create a situation where one looses ones units faster.

Biggest weakness as PE and most of all lufft/TH is Indirect fire units, Mht and stukka are great but if u loose those your fucked, so make sure you have them and use them well in sync with your units.

Hicks said something very nice the other day, Fjs are like Fire Flies, they are a glass cannon on legs, as soon as they are fighting in an unfavorable situation its very rare to get out in one piece, BUT when fighting on there terms, you will have a field day.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 06:25:29 am »

Fjs are like Fire Flies, they are a glass cannon on legs, as soon as they are fighting in an unfavorable situation its very rare to get out in one piece, BUT when fighting on there terms, you will have a field day.

Which is exactly why you shouldn't start with three of them. Two FJs is more than enough infantry based firepower than you need. The remaining pop should be used to fit in a Marder and a Mortar HT.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 06:58:13 am »

How can you lose more if you have more units on the field? if 1 team has 40 pop and the other team is border line 25 pop

who do you think has the advantage? If its 25 vs 31 pop straight off the bat, it opens up your core to so many more possibilities.

Having an extra unit on the field increases your overall survivability, firepower, and the ability to always be in the position to have a counter to whatever you face. The possibility to for more tactics is increased when you have more pop then your enemy (say go toe to toe with 25-25 while using your additional pop to cap the wings)

Having more pop is the best choice for new players, always will be.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 07:33:33 am »

How can you lose more if you have more units on the field? if 1 team has 40 pop and the other team is border line 25 pop

who do you think has the advantage? If its 25 vs 31 pop straight off the bat, it opens up your core to so many more possibilities.

Having an extra unit on the field increases your overall survivability, firepower, and the ability to always be in the position to have a counter to whatever you face. The possibility to for more tactics is increased when you have more pop then your enemy (say go toe to toe with 25-25 while using your additional pop to cap the wings)

Having more pop is the best choice for new players, always will be.

Heartmann said it well. More pop is a gift and a curse, it all comes down to how you play with it. Starting with 31 pop is, in reality, not as large of a bonus as you'd think, and for a newer player (making the assumption that they don't micro as well as we do/used to) will make them run through units a bit quicker than usual. I'd find in losing games, I'd be running low on units around 22-25 minutes in, compared to the average 30-35 with less pop. There's a lot more to take care of and control. You also miss out on having the ridiculously OP T4 buffs from other trees.

To me, it always felt like I was lvl 5 fighting lvl 9 with Fortress Europe due to the lack of buffs. It did allow for some damn epic starts though (2x hotchkiss stukas at start which would survive 20-25 minutes.. 16/31 pop!)

If we're talking old airborne and raid, however.. more pop is ALWAYS better Smiley. 2x sherman + atg + eng starts.. yes please!
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 08:14:30 am »

you dont need buffs though, buffs just make units excel at what they are already good at, and as an axis, having all your units generally be better then allied counter parts, you dont need buffs. just counter units
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 06:52:44 pm »

I dont agree with the sentiment that axis units are better, sorry just sounds like superstition.

And it dont matter if u have the corrcet scissors to cut paper if you dont understand how to use it. Game experience often combined with better meso and micro skills and understanding of your opponents, yes more fire power and options lie ahed BUT, not only does more units great a bigger target area, they demand more attention and planning since blobbing will end in a big crap sanwich crammed up yer arse, newer players will imo anyway loose units faster because of it
ChefarztTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 06:54:34 pm »

2 Falls , Marder, 50 mil ht, light at ht with treadbreaker, mortart ht.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 07:54:07 pm »

no heartmann, just no
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 07:56:29 pm »

I dont agree with the sentiment that axis units are better, sorry just sounds like superstition.

WM units are more pop effective, which in EiR's environment makes them better. Period.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 11:59:40 pm »

Oh I just remembered why I loved Fortress Europe.

Starting callins:

2x FJ TB's (10 pop I think?)
2x Hotch Stukas (16 pop)
1x LATHT (3 pop?) 1x Ketten (2 pop)

At start of game, deploy hotch and LAT callin, then drop FJ squads at the last reasonable point that the enemies vehicles can't get to in 30 seconds (eg. a bit more than 1/3rd of the map length up from your spawn.

Basically an instant rape start AS A SUPPORTING TEAMMATE. Obviously you're weak as balls against inf, but you should be able to take down both teams' units on vehicles and ATG's easily. Was so much fun because of how unique it was, and people just wouldn't be expecting it.

Obviously it can go horribly wrong, and if it does, then you've lost the majority of your MU and a large fuel investment... Just a warning to those who'd want to replicate Tongue.

Oh man, I wanna play EIRR again so bad.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 01:50:00 pm »

then do so Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc