Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:17:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BETA TEST GORKHALIS 4v4  (Read 23142 times)
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2011, 12:28:35 pm »

Sad
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:04:28 pm by GORKHALI » Logged

Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2011, 12:10:48 pm »

I believe in you gork bro.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2011, 12:12:49 pm »

Go to bed computer
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2011, 02:41:14 pm »

gork how can i say this in a way you will understand?

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

this map is TERRIBLE, holy shit, so bad, im sorry, i dont know what other maps you have made, but i have never disliked a map as much as this... ever?

the side with the water is a absolute fucking shit show. its all retarded bottle necks with shit fucking horrible pathing. maybe this would be a good scenario map, but holy shit, it is a god awful EIRR map. i couldn't do shit on this map because my units had to take very specific paths to get anywhere, it's fucking hell. also if you hold the middle, LVs still have spawn buff by the time they get there! but if you come from the water, you cant get anywhere. every path is a shit show. going up to the middle, me and my team mate trying to get to the trenches is hell, units get bunched up.

ok now that that is out of the way.

widen paths so more than one unit or one tank can move from the water up towards the middle. if you want the map that wide, make it longer so units dont get to the middle so fast. too many sectors that are shaped way too weird, take out the pointless tiny sectors. make it easier to go from the water, too many cliffs that are unneeded. going from the water up, on the right side, units cant get there unless they go up a single road.

this map is super biased, i hope to not play it until its been revised.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2011, 03:37:41 pm »

well i am working on the bugs and i nearly got no time these days got night shift so no eir and no mapping for few weeks
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2011, 04:24:08 pm »

dont even bother worrying about it til after the holidays.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2011, 04:25:43 pm »

OK Gork,

I finally got a chance to play on your map. It made me want to uninstall EiR:R, smash my computer with a hammer, and slice my dick off with a dull knife.

You have been given several well thought out changes that need to be made to your map to make it playable. You are very stubborn and refuse to make the changes.

No one will play your map unless you fix it. That's the simple truth.

Here's some advice from a designer / architect:
If a few people do not like my designs - tough shit for them. You can not please everyone.
If everyone hates my design, then it is a poor design and must be fixed or discarded. Unless I do so, the design is useless.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2011, 05:33:12 pm »

I finally got a chance to play on your map. It made me want to uninstall EiR:R, smash my computer with a hammer, and slice my dick off with a dull knife.
You just became cool again.

well finally we got a mod(exluding leo) to say something worthwhile opinion about this and lets hope gork actually listens to it now.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 06:04:03 pm »

OK Gork,

that about sums up the rage i felt when playing it lol
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2011, 06:09:47 pm »

And then people complain I'm supposedely 'too strict' on my map criteria
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2011, 06:13:42 pm »

And then people complain I'm supposedely 'too strict' on my map criteria

You are too strict imo

He got his map in for testing. In a month from now, it will be at the bottom of the list for plays, then we remove it. Unless he makes some very significant changes.

Until the community gets a chance to play it, no one will ever agree that it is fucked. They got their chance yo play, now we are done......lol

BTW: get Leo's map changes in.
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2011, 07:33:48 pm »

This map the second time through is much more enjoyable than the first time.

I agree this map needs some changes but they aren't as major as others have suggested.
Widening the paths out a bit to allow better access and adding an additional access or two to each hill would greatly benefit the beach side having a fair shot.

I would like to see the map a bit narrower although if Gork really doesn't want to change this it wouldn't be a big deal. The major issues are the pathing and somewhat wonky territories and accesses.

I detested this map the first time through and thorougly enjoyed it the second time through. In fact the 3rd 4v4 I played I very nearly picked it again.

As allies push up onto the hills and hunker down. Once you take the hills the constant offensive style required for allies should be constantly pushing side to side to help your teammates. If you maintain a presence just on the hill tops you can have a very good game.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2011, 07:37:36 pm »

Map wasn't bad.

The map is BIG, so it requires a bit of a different style then the current, i lose something so i bring out = pop unit rush it up to the battle line mentality. certain people are unable to comprehend this gameplay change, also in the times i have played it i noticed that they never once tried to group up to pushon the choke points.

Lets not point out tank raging after he airdropped 5 times in the same spot near the other teams spawn

same reason why i can't take riki seriously, he had a churchill all the way across the map all alone and tried to retreat unsupported across the map whil his allies were fighting up north. And blamed the map when a panther and 2 pumas chased it down
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:41:46 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2011, 07:48:52 pm »

You should heed some of this advice gorkhali, I think the map has potential but it's in dire need of an update it seems.
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2011, 08:20:04 pm »

Map wasn't bad.

The map is BIG, so it requires a bit of a different style then the current, i lose something so i bring out = pop unit rush it up to the battle line mentality. certain people are unable to comprehend this gameplay change, also in the times i have played it i noticed that they never once tried to group up to pushon the choke points.

Lets not point out tank raging after he airdropped 5 times in the same spot near the other teams spawn

same reason why i can't take riki seriously, he had a churchill all the way across the map all alone and tried to retreat unsupported across the map whil his allies were fighting up north. And blamed the map when a panther and 2 pumas chased it down

Very true. It's a totally different style. It's a hell of a lot of fun. It's a slower more cover your flanks sort of style rather than a rush and push.
The second game I played on it we pushed forward to establish a foothold and then it seemed it was all about working side to side then to keep territory as they push different points on the map.
It was a slower more supportive kind of playstyle.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2011, 09:22:57 pm »

thats because on any other map i wouldn't of been met with a single path to take back to my spawn surrounded by a bunch of bullshit that a tank cant maneuver through. Also if it weren't for the shitty way pathing was done, I could of easily brought support, but no, instead of being able to take a path down to the spawn, my units have to go ALL that way up towards the enemies spawn then ALL the way down.

this map should be taken out until it's fixed, yeah if someone told me in advance the pathing is absolutely fucking worthless on this map i would have never brought a tank, it would of been all LVs and infantry.

if it was any other map i could of backed up my churchhill and gotten the support i needed, i wouldnt of had to have my units circumnavigate the map, have the tank get stuck on 15 million obstacles.

im pretty sure if there's this many pages saying the map has fucked pathing and the main issue is pathing, then it's probably a serious issue.

Another main problem is not only is it too wide, but it's too short, spawn buffed vehicles can get to the middle too quick (unless you have to come from the beach of course).
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2011, 09:40:24 pm »

also forgot to mention the lag, thank god i turned my settings down (since i was playing a 4v4, i usually dont turn them down, but for some reason i did) or else i dont think i would of even been able to play it.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2011, 01:19:55 am »

thx for playing the map and sry for having suffered by playing it ,i posted twice the updates but nothing done ,so not my fault really,,,
as for people who don't know how many maps i made ,until now i made 3 maps all of them r fucked and hated in EIR ,
Normady smae problem as Omaha Beach and St mere eglise no pathing problems but too many buildings and too many open space on the field and none of the three get gameplays so there is no garuntee that eventhough if i change the maps it will get gameplay so why do u think i should change what i made ,,,,Omaha beach is too much detailed if u got weak pc ur game will crash so got warned !!!

Important
this map is based on real Omaha beach so the roads r only there coz they were there in ww2 during d-day ,if u don't like it i suggest u play other maps no one is forcing you to play the maps ,...and if Unknown cannot update fastenough after i fixed the things then u cannot blame me LOL  Cool
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2011, 04:21:28 am »

Ok i was trying to resize it but my wb just crashed coz it cannot take so much stuff get it to work, I can open the map in WB and work with it and reshape or design it but i couldn't stamp it ,my wb just dies ,....too much stff FUUUUUUUU  Cry
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2011, 04:31:07 am »

Lol Pwnd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc