Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:38:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6p_Graveyard  (Read 9115 times)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 04:37:38 pm »

Well what the hell are you gonna do about it, you gonna check his maps for stamps everytime he makes one? Just let people create maps and be done with it, they are either good enough or they are not.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 04:37:57 pm »

If it's a map made by Relic it doesn't matter.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 04:52:05 pm »

How can you say a map like salentein castle is faceless? It is based directly on a real location in holland.
Vieux port: Original map featuring big cheateux, city, airport, hangar, industrial area and canals.
the dike: realistic and kinda original look, a bit more basic layout after fags like you kept whining about my original maps. that is also the reason why bergen was made.

You dont fucking get it do you? RTC2 was a joke, The community spoke about it a long time before i started with it and everybody knew unkown was the original creator.

when i first started mapping you started off my trolling saying how random my objects were, viex port = cheateux, city, airport, hangar, industrial area canals and farms = hypocrite much @ randomness? RTC2 is still a stamp, maybe my maps are jokes? vcoh maps have been played long before this map so everyone will know the features of vcoh maps. the dike = farms + town in centre, bergen = farms and town in centre, see what i mean about originality, i could easily make a map with farms and town in centre and it would be played more because i know more about balance than you ever will and i know how maps can be played to make them functional. btw i dont really care for your opinion i just liek to troll fags like you cos it makes myself lol along with everyone else. l2map and stop stamping unknowns maps, kthxbye.

Well what the hell are you gonna do about it, you gonna check his maps for stamps everytime he makes one? Just let people create maps and be done with it, they are either good enough or they are not.

thxzor.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 05:17:07 pm »

I just noticed it and realized others should know since deadbolt didnt make it.

If it's a map made by Relic it doesn't matter.
It is not about the relic mappers not getting credit, it is about deadbolt getting credit for something he didnt do.

when i first started mapping you started off my trolling saying how random my objects were, viex port = cheateux, city, airport, hangar, industrial area canals and farms = hypocrite much @ randomness? RTC2 is still a stamp, maybe my maps are jokes? vcoh maps have been played long before this map so everyone will know the features of vcoh maps. the dike = farms + town in centre, bergen = farms and town in centre, see what i mean about originality, i could easily make a map with farms and town in centre and it would be played more because i know more about balance than you ever will and i know how maps can be played to make them functional. btw i dont really care for your opinion i just liek to troll fags like you cos it makes myself lol along with everyone else. l2map and stop stamping unknowns maps, kthxbye.

thxzor.

vieux port has clear roads and straight streets trough the city. "Your" first map, hinderdam was an area filled with buildings placed at random locations. not one building touches another one.
Ignoring the comment on rtc2 since it doesnt make sense.
Again, I made the dike and bergen the way they are because the community asked for it. Bergen takes it to the extreme (even though there is still a forest).
Saying you are awesome and I am not is your opinion. you provide no actual proof of this so keep it to yourself.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 05:29:49 pm »

No killer, If someone is showing work that isnt his own but is pretending it is people should be notified of this.

I have never made a map, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
All of the objects in the world builder were created by someone else. You or any other map creator are just using premade parts in different orders to create what you may call an original map.

Deadbolt allegedly has used groupings of premade objects to create his maps. I really see no difference in what you are doing other than one is much more productive than another.

The end result is a new creation.

I have no love for Deadbolt, I find him very rude and obnoxious. But he is spending his time creating something rather than bitching about someone else's work.

A map that is fun to play is the most important thing. How you get that done is really irrelevant....

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 05:41:48 pm »

I have never made a map, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
All of the objects in the world builder were created by someone else. You or any other map creator are just using premade parts in different orders to create what you may call an original map.

Deadbolt allegedly has used groupings of premade objects to create his maps. I really see no difference in what you are doing other than one is much more productive than another.

The end result is a new creation.

I have no love for Deadbolt, I find him very rude and obnoxious. But he is spending his time creating something rather than bitching about someone else's work.

A map that is fun to play is the most important thing. How you get that done is really irrelevant....

Well yeah, but that is really taking it to the extreme. If you look at it like that it would be impossible to make a painting since you arent the inventor of paint. It is just a rearrangement of paint anyways.

People take the objects(paint) for granted(note that the artists who made that are also clearly shown in the CoH credit screen, no edits have been made on their work). but if they look at the map they will think the mapper actually placed all those objects there himself.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 12:25:14 am »

Sure, much more credit and respect to someone who actually made a map to scratch.
But I think the majority of people here are already happy we get a new good quality map once in a while, regardless of where it came from :p
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 01:25:24 am »

Actually i dont give a flying fart if its made from scratch or not tbfh, and why is it so important to de-credit dead??? What is it? did he spank your mom to hard i mean really leo?? Getting back at him for old time sake? There is no CONSTRUCTIVE POINT to this, please dump this shit in his inbox instead of her please? I have no interest in reading it and getting irritated in the morning or afternoon when i got time to check forums aint nothing i like to do.

BUT to be clear i do think you are a talented mapper Leo and you should get props for giving upp time for constructing something, as Dead is getting, I liked his map, some things needed work imho, but other than that it was a good map.

Can we please leave this now?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:41:56 am by Heartmann » Logged

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 02:08:42 am »

vieux port has clear roads and straight streets trough the city. "Your" first map, hinderdam was an area filled with buildings placed at random locations. not one building touches another one.
Ignoring the comment on rtc2 since it doesnt make sense.
Again, I made the dike and bergen the way they are because the community asked for it. Bergen takes it to the extreme (even though there is still a forest).
Saying you are awesome and I am not is your opinion. you provide no actual proof of this so keep it to yourself.

tbfh Vieux Port is one of my favourite maps, i love the feel of it.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 12:22:29 pm »

Update:

-added loading screen
-fixed some pathing and blocking issues
-added some more cover

http://www.filefront.com/17589982/betamap.sga
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 10:17:58 am »

its ready for launcher mkay
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 10:35:01 am »

cant wait for this map! gg keeps!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2010, 08:18:26 am »

Throwing it in autoupdater.

Edit: now in, run your autoupdaters.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 08:26:16 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
101stGG Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2010, 09:15:47 am »

Cant wait to play this map, it's awesome!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc