Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:31:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 08, 2024, 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R005.5 (Map Rotation/Small Bugfixes)  (Read 14533 times)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« on: June 03, 2014, 09:27:55 pm »

Starting today maps will be rotated on a weekly basis, there will be 5 2v2 and 3v3 maps per week selected randomly from the roster via RNG and to be swapped out each monday time permitting. Map tracking stats have been reset to track the rotation and maps for this week include...

3v3
Falaise
Linden
Deserted City
Alencon
LaFiere

2v2
Countryside
La_Provence
Operation Deadstick
Bergen
Venue

Bugfixes also include!

HVAP now works with the following
- Comet
- Achillies
- M3 Lee

APCR now works with the following.
- Command Panzer IV/V
- Nashorn

- Brens now fire on the move with RE Offensive Manouvers T4
- Airborne HMG teams should now receive working AP Rounds
- Sturmpanzer range buffs with veterancy removed.
- Panzerwerfer supression values matched (lower) with regular nebelwerfer.
- Airborne Bottom T4 should no longer scar error the game.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:43:31 pm »

sweet, now if we can fix the vierling, there will be no more scar errors.  All in all, great patch.  Nice to finally see brens fire on the move implemented.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:02:14 am »

Stop with the insults

-Moderators
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:37:35 pm by Mister Schmidt » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 07:20:02 am »

Good old shab, just has to get his negative insults in........

I know exactly how much work goes into what you just did Nikomas, messing with the module to organize these maps and ensure the relic maps still work is very time consuming.

Thank you for making the effort to try something new and different. It may or may not be successful, but at least you are willing to bust your ass to give it a go.

We played Linden last night (my first game in months) and I was right on the verge of cursing the map. Besides the fact that the teams were grossly uneven, I realized how my company has always done fairly well on maps like Nueville, but it was near useless on Linden.

I think we are going to see a large number of people QQ about the maps when in fact it is because they are unable to build companies capable of adapting to different environments. I know I will avoid Linden until I can figure out a new build I am comfortable with. The fact I will play about once every 2 months means I will probably not adapt anytime soon.....lol

Bottom line is: Build better companies, don't QQ about the map.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 01:43:31 pm »

I mean it is a little silly to have to build a coy to cater to a specific map that may or may not be played...

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 02:06:52 pm »

I mean it is a little silly to have to build a coy to cater to a specific map that may or may not be played...
+1

It would be like spamming piats with the intention of playing bastion only to play road to tobruk.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 02:55:12 pm »

+1

It would be like spamming piats with the intention of playing bastion only to play road to tobruk.

2 x 2 x bren carrier callins

Problem fixed

Also takes care of those lethal 2 man sapper squads

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 07:20:04 pm »

but why are you forcing yourself to build companies for a specific map?
Would it not make more sense to have a company that can handle most situations & maps?

If you don't think that is feasible then maybe we should just have one map.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 07:24:28 pm »

Are you also doing maps that were not in launcher before this new system (e.g. 2v2 lanteville)

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 07:25:39 pm »

Are you also doing maps that were not in launcher before this new system (e.g. 2v2 lanteville)
Actually I rolled up lanteville first but it didn't work (As in, didn't show up in launcher) so I had to re-roll it. Not sure why it wouldn't work. Had the same issue with Feld.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 08:06:43 pm »

but why are you forcing yourself to build companies for a specific map?
Would it not make more sense to have a company that can handle most situations & maps?

If you don't think that is feasible then maybe we should just have one map.
because 9/10 well rounded builds loose out to spam builds due too loosing hard counters.

Throw in map that heavily favors a specific spam build and its gg regardless of player skill.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 09:04:58 pm »

because 9/10 well rounded builds loose out to spam builds due too loosing hard counters.

Throw in map that heavily favors a specific spam build and its gg regardless of player skill.

Isn't that a little bit of theory crafting?

You need a specific spam company, that is superior on a specific map against your specific company.
I just don't get the contradiction in this community. Community complains we do not need pool system because spam is not a problem. Then community says spam is a problem because of maps. Then community says you can not build well rounded companies because they will loose 9/10 times to spam. But if devs said lets put pool back in, then community would say no, spam is not a problem.............rinse & repeat.

Meh, sounds to me like some of the community need to L2P and stop blaming non-issues for loosing. Or I suppose the dev team could say you may not spam anymore and the only map you can play is Nueville........lol
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 10:45:37 pm »

How many people have companies that are outside of pool limits now anyways? I would wager the number is fairly small, and even those likely aren't too far outside of pool limits.  Resources are the real limiting factor...but removing pool did allow a few extra units of a certain type in certain instances.  I don't think pool removal is a problem.  People rejecting maps because they think it doesn't favor them when in fact they have hardly ever played them seems more likely.  Change is scary...
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 11:21:35 pm »

There are only Specific builds that causes Companies to go negative pool. Those being only in 2 factions while the vanilla ones have only 2 specific builds that makes coys go negative.

Panzer Elite
British

Only faction fucked by pool was Panzer Elite. For British yeah they too had problems and issues with them but they didn't render them unplayable. As for specific builds. LV spams are only things to kick players to negative pool in Vanilla companies.

This map thing is fashinating at best and trying out maps is interesting. Think it as you have been chosen to test maps none has tested properly before and to report of its problems. I'll start.

Linden has awful pathing for Panzer Elite at few points. Mainly the Eastern side with that fucking swamp. Anything that decides to take a dive can not go anywhere from there.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:13:02 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 11:32:34 pm »

Meh, sounds to me like some of the community need to L2P and stop blaming non-issues for loosing. Or I suppose the dev team could say you may not spam anymore and the only map you can play is Nueville........lol

what is your problem with neuvile and other skaffa's maps lol?

only problem neuvile has is beeing over played, but u like it or not its still the best map in the game. Some maps are bad, really bad in therms of pathing, stupid sectors and certain support of units (arty, 88s bla bla bla and so on).
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 12:32:27 am »

Neuville is fine.  Forest is a piece of shit.  Monte Cassino could use some pathing rework in the middle, but its not bad.  Burgundy is a ripoff of Carentan, with some pathing issues.  Am I forgetting a skaffa map?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 07:05:24 am »

what is your problem with neuvile and other skaffa's maps lol?

What is your problem with comprehension?

Nueville is a great map - sort of. Very boring, but plays well. As usual you have missed the entire point of the discussion and picked out one item to start a conflict.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 07:07:05 am »

Its not the map, it's the idea that because it's well designed we should play nothing else. Go back to LOL pls (chess)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 08:58:10 am »

What exactly is the reasoning behind preventing the community to play the maps they want and forcing them to play the maps they dont want to play? (see ex-maplists)

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 09:19:33 am »

Balance and every map will be played.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc