Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:29:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 29, 2024, 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All this 'create your doctrine' talk..  (Read 14668 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« on: April 22, 2014, 12:55:14 am »

Here is a question.

What if I wanted to make my own doctrine including all the programming work involved to do it, on my own?  Not relying on your coders to pick and choose the parts they personally liked or disliked and bunching it together with other peoples work?    Is it an option that EIRR would consider using?   I have no interest in being part of someone else's mod ever again.  But making a self contained portion of a mod that I would be individually responsible for/have design ownership over isn't out of the question for me.

I made SynergiesMOD for torchlight2 (258,000 subscribers on steam now), and over the last year I 'contracted out' certain small portions of the mod.  The paladin is now made by another modder, leaving me to finish the warlock and encounters.  He has full artistic leeway to create it in his desired image, so long as it follows the mods balance/direction.  I don't tell him what to do at any point in his creation of that class.  I do step in on the numbers of balance (when/if it devalues the mods encounters)  But I do not destroy his direction or theme.   I have found this has worked really well.  It is an aspect of the mod that I don't have to worry about, but have final say in how it interacts numerically with the mod, which any good game must maintain control of if they want to be taken seriously.  Sometimes it gives me headaches, I won't lie.  But the time saved and the product made has brought the mod more then the headache has cost me at the worst of times.

is EIRR at a point they would consider something like this as well?  Giving a coder who CAN make the content enjoyable and balanced the ability to do so without messing with it beyond the numerical balancing if it is too OP. (which wouldn't happen if the modder was smart enough to use the established items in the game files already)

My other questions are simple:
Is EIRR ready to go beyond the set American/British/Wehr/PE (3 of each) doctrines yet?  Or are you only accepting proposals on re-writing what is there already?

I know how the SQL works and I know that adding them would work on THAT end, obviously not in the launcher without some extra coding.... But... Lets be honest how many years was it now since Che and myself rewrote EIR to become EIRR?   How many doctrine rewrites have there been?  When will there be stability of doctrines?

What about adding something new?  my last Fall of France doctrine was a Canadian glider company (because I could)... Russian infantry was fun to make as well..

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 01:04:19 am »

I talked to a few game companies over the last few years, the biggest thing I have learned from my experiences is this..

Everyone has ideas, they are a dime a dozen.

Few can bring an idea to life.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 01:12:56 am »

one last comment...

I am not advocating a destruction of the foundation found within the game.  Note that the paladin in Synergies must conform to the mod's structure and balance.

It is possible to make something/rework something within the balance structures of the program itself as it exists.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 01:13:43 am »

Not going into an indepth analysis: I would say no one in EIR is reluctant to new content. But this would really depend on che

I remember when you were responsible for all the patches in 2009 salan. The mod was flowing.  It's pretty OK at the moment with around 14 people in launcher at most. Paired with some changes like the pool removal, this would definitely be something that could get EIR started again for real. Personally, I feel this would be a nice breath of fresh air and might really be the start of another period of greatness for EIR.

Looking forward to what will happen, I sincerely hope your idea will go somewhere
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:22:16 am by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 01:24:30 am »

Hi Salan. It's good to see you. How are you?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:42:52 am by jackmccrack » Logged

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 01:35:26 am »

Would be cool
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:42:16 am by aeroblade56 » Logged

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 03:08:09 am »

All eyes on tank130 i hope/know he is smart enough and will let salan do it

With hix not being stuborn and rest devs plus salan... man eirr will rise from ashes like pheonix does

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 04:21:17 am »

If the devs agree to what salan said, i'd be happy to code the RE doctrine i have up. I've even told hix that tbh.

Hell, i could code all of them over a period of time
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 06:14:24 am »

Pls let scots make RE OP for once.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 06:31:09 am »

If the devs agree to what salan said, i'd be happy to code the RE doctrine i have up. I've even told hix that tbh.

Hell, i could code all of them over a period of time

post drafts of dat RE if ya can
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 06:55:59 am »

draft is in Hicks' sticked thread about suggested doctrines

Oh yeah, heres the thread for it too. A lot of people had some input to it

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19300.0

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:07:09 am by Scotzmen » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 06:58:35 am »

ew, tank still runs this show?

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 07:00:46 am »

ew, tank still runs this show?

EWWWWW its Demon!
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 07:30:50 am »

If Tank and Luci let you do it, this could bring a lot of people back

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 07:36:10 am »

My first thought is this post should have been made to Che or myself via PM. But not everyone is interested in a professional approach  Wink

I also think this would be a waste of your efforts for the existing mod and launcher.
Adding new factions is exactly the life that needs to be put into this mod and it can not be done with the current launcher.

We are basically redesigning this mod from the ground up and will be releasing it as Eir2 with or without modding capability of CoH2. The design document has been started as well as work on the launcher.

So my thoughts are Wrong Time, Wrong place, but that does not mean it can't happen. Like Elitegren said :
I would say no one in EIR is reluctant to new content.

Nothing in this mod is dependent on Che other then coding of the launcher. We have a dev team and we make decisions as a Dev team. Che is the only person with Veto power per say, but he has used it once in the 4 years I have been on the team. He never wants to use it. The only time he really even comes close to it is when none of us can all agree on a subject, then he reluctantly makes the decision.

In regards to the OP, it certainly merits serious discussion.

But making a self contained portion of a mod that I would be individually responsible for/have design ownership over isn't out of the question for me.

Could you further explain the details of this please?
 - If after using the design for a period of time the team felt changes were needed. Could our team make the changes or would we be at your mercy/schedule to make the changes?
 - How do you see the credits being made for your work?
 - From what design bases would you be starting?
 - Would you be doing the work personally or subbing to one of your other coders?
 - Would you be sharing your design with other mods or would we have the exclusive use?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 08:20:35 am »

well i think salan did right way posting his sugestions on public forums, let us know what can you guys do for EIRR, its allways nice to know what direction this game go. Not sure why but it looks like tank is a bit over reacting, corect me if i am wrong. Salan came with offer do a job you guys are strugling to do atm via other activities being involved no crtisism here and thx for current patches.

Tank ya post sound like ''nobody gonna take a glory from me'', i feel like nobody is trying to do it. We all know and apreciate that fact you put so much money and personal time keeping this mod alive and personally me and i think rest of guys playing EIRR are very gratefll for this. But who knows maybe Salan can make this happen? Who knows maybe it will be the greatest decision made by you in EIRR allowing him do it?

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 08:42:17 am »

well i think salan did right way posting his sugestions on public forums, let us know what can you guys do for EIRR, its allways nice to know what direction this game go. Not sure why but it looks like tank is a bit over reacting, corect me if i am wrong. Salan came with offer do a job you guys are strugling to do atm via other activities being involved no crtisism here and thx for current patches.

Tank ya post sound like ''nobody gonna take a glory from me'', i feel like nobody is trying to do it. We all know and apreciate that fact you put so much money and personal time keeping this mod alive and personally me and i think rest of guys playing EIRR are very gratefll for this. But who knows maybe Salan can make this happen? Who knows maybe it will be the greatest decision made by you in EIRR allowing him do it?

Shab, I have come to the conclusion that you are a fucking retard - I didn't think anyone could be as remotely stupid as you, but you have proven me wrong.

I am going to write this slowly so maybe your stupid ass can actually understand it.

I am suggesting that Salan would be wasting his time doing anything with the current mod as we are completely redesigning it. I am not saying we will not accept his work, I am simply warning him that it could be a complete waste of his time

My reasons for requesting he send these types of requests via pm is so fucking retarded idiots like Shab don't get their tiny little useless brains all worked up because they are too fucking stupid to think before speaking.

You are a fucking moron Shab - go away and play with yourself. Let the people who know how to use their brains have a discussion.

To Salan: Sorry for derailing your thread, Unfortunately this community still has some fucking idiots, and Shab is one of them.
If your proposal is a serious one, please send Che or myself a PM and we can discuss it in the Dev lobby.
420thStealthBrigade Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 09:18:43 am »

Shab, I have come to the conclusion that you are a fucking retard - I didn't think anyone could be as remotely stupid as you, but you have proven me wrong.

I am going to write this slowly so maybe your stupid ass can actually understand it.

I am suggesting that Salan would be wasting his time doing anything with the current mod as we are completely redesigning it. I am not saying we will not accept his work, I am simply warning him that it could be a complete waste of his time

My reasons for requesting he send these types of requests via pm is so fucking retarded idiots like Shab don't get their tiny little useless brains all worked up because they are too fucking stupid to think before speaking.

You are a fucking moron Shab - go away and play with yourself. Let the people who know how to use their brains have a discussion.

To Salan: Sorry for derailing your thread, Unfortunately this community still has some fucking idiots, and Shab is one of them.
If your proposal is a serious one, please send Che or myself a PM and we can discuss it in the Dev lobby.

do you really have to use this language? I cant tell you how bad this makes YOU look...
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 09:19:01 am »

lol so madlence  Cool

calls turds and idiots every1 who dare say something vs tank, our great leader, what ya want? be a dictator who makes ppls get down on knees and pray to ya statue?

afaik tank, salan came with suggestions and ya just rage and now after post like dat insulting active player who enjoys this mod is like meh
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:26:05 am by Shabtajus » Logged
clonetroopers Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 09:22:03 am »

But to support tank shab is a fucking retarded moron idiot kunt dumbfuck dipshit whore skank bad luthuanian
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc