Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:15:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More sectors on warmap and less points  (Read 6659 times)
Nug Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 04, 2012, 06:36:16 am »

I think the warmap should have more sectors and less points required to capture them so the momentum is faster. It's a week now and the front is standing still. Low ammount of sectors at front equals that everyone is fighting on same 2 sectors and when a sector is captured everyone rushes to recapture the sector, resulting in the inability to go deeper into enemy territory (also more sectors would make move points more meaningfull).The new sectors can be empty without resources. (also switzerland should be capturable for sake of gameplay)

IMO would be ok to slice the current sectors into half to double them, or even double slice to quadruple.

This way attacking side can go fast into enemy territory, and if defenders won't go back to defend there is a big chance to capture more territory at back.

Or just go the normal way of capturing sector after sector.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 06:51:36 am by Nug » Logged
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 07:03:50 am »

tldr

More sectors would be better imo. For example divide all sectors in 2.

You can do more strategy.

Pincermove better.

Or punch a whole somewhere in the line better and push through to a certain objective. With the points being so high for each sector its too slow to do this.

--

Also. Would be nice if the resources change sector after a war. So shit stays fresh and not always the same layout.  
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:06:34 am by skaffa » Logged

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:09:38 am »

I agree that warmap needs more sectors. More sectors would mean the possibility of encircling some heavily defended, important sectors. And if the encricled side can not breakthrough soon enough, they will lose that sector and all companies stationed there will be redeployed to the spawn sectors with removing its actions points. As a result of this, many companies (which were defending one important sector) will be redeployed far away from the new frontline, so the encircled side would probably lose even more sectors until the redeployed companies get to the frontline again.

We could see at least some good strategic moves.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 07:12:20 am »

Indeed.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 07:21:39 am »

I like the idea of chaging the sort of the ressource a sector holds until it gets captured. It gives a bot variety to the company builds and a extra random factor like the new random game modes.

Obviously, with increasing the number of sectors, the bonus of holding one needs to be reduced.

9th Armoured Engineers
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 07:21:58 am »

great idea skaffa!

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 08:20:22 am »

I don't think you guys realize how much work it would be to make those changes. Just the artwork alone would take hours - it is not as simple as just drawing a new sector. Every sector and dividing line has to be on a separate layer.

Then all those sectors need to be laid out on another sheet in "Pixel Perfect" format to keep the file size down and allow Eirrmod to move into the launcher code.

Then a sector connection list has to be created - again

That's what has to be done on my end (I did the art work for the Warmap)

Then Eirrmod would have to do all his work - not exactly sure what that entails, but I am confident it is as much work as I have or more.

I know I will not be doing anymore work on the Warmap until it is 100% complete and play tested for more then a couple of weeks......

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 08:32:22 am »

I don't think you guys realize how much work it would be to make those changes. Just the artwork alone would take hours - it is not as simple as just drawing a new sector. Every sector and dividing line has to be on a separate layer.

The most of the playerbase is not envolved in the background works/processes and it hard to imagine how the work look like in
the detail. I personally didn't except the the graphical representation layer took so many work. Before I have read your post I thought
the low level stuff ate all the developement manpower. *totally wrong*

But it's nice to get a feedback and to see what possible and what's not. That what were actually mindgambling is at the given circumstances
not possible.
Nug Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 08:42:07 am »

Just saying for future what would be nice to have tank.
Nug Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 08:30:28 am »

Yesterday allies captured koein, axis recaptured it and today allies captured koein again.  Tongue
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 12:39:22 pm »

Needz moar belgium.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 03:37:01 pm »

Love the idea, but tank does make it sound like a pain to go through, so perhaps one for when the warmap is complete then.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 06:11:17 pm »

Wait till we implement the additional warmap features, like the airfields. All Airborne type companies can start attacking 2 spaces from the airfield, but we could easily make that 3 or something.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 09:55:10 pm »

Ya, what Ground said.

It's a little premature to be judging the warmap. Let's get it all in and play at least one full war before we start redesigning.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 05:11:28 am »

Quick question, what happens when the war ends? Do companies get wiped?
Quick answer.

Yes.

Longer answer - Yes, however all cards / rank progress made on your account MAY contribute to a small amount to the next war (for example, if you had gained 3000 points worth of 'Warmap cards' and gold (or whatever we call it) - then you would start the new war with say 300 or 10% - numbers out of my ass atm)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 06:24:15 am »

But now the names are pointless... Aww
Take that back Keith is insulted!

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 06:31:32 am »

KEITH WILL BE DEAD WHEN THE WAR IS OVER. All the men who thought for us just die for no reason afterwards... It's not fair. Why can't they live on? They'll never get to have children...
Everybody dies even vet 5 it's what we do with the short time we get in history that can make our names be remembered for generations after we're gone Wind's 2000 exp nameless firefly still lives on in EIRR legend. Besides after every wipe units don't die they retire.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 06:37:02 am »

Nope, they are deleted and die.......
Y U SO PESSIMISTIC 4?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 07:28:05 am »

So basically, there is no point in whoring to get vet 5 as your just going to loose it anyway... That sucks, my favourite part of this is whoring units to high vet, I even name them... But now the names are pointless... Aww

Oh well...
The future plan for THAT, is a memorial for top units - and medals that stick around each war.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50:22 am »

The graveyard will contain lots of stuff from them too

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc