Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:04:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:26:11 pm]

[Yesterday at 03:48:14 pm]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.9F Changelog  (Read 45232 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 05:13:30 am »

American Inf t2

Suppress and maneouvre:

Garand , BAR , Thompson do +33% more damage vs suppressed or pinned targets and thompson makes more suppresion

+33% sounds OP for a t2 and the fact that every bar has insta suppresion

Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 05:15:27 am »

If it were any other faction I'd consider it a benefit but PE is already heavily reliant on fuel for anti-tank (and everything, really...) as it is, now even moreso. Because of that fact, I would say it's about even as a trade off.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 05:16:03 am »

On the hotchkiss upgun, it was completely out of whack with all other light vehicles. There's reason enough to assume that it was a Relic fuckup on the penetration modifiers more than anything else.

'No one uses' is not really a balance argument, and quite frankly people did extensively use upgunned hotchkisses to counter pershing companies a long while back and then it was decided that an upgunned light vehicle should really not be such a hardcounter to heavy armour. It's something we should have implemented a LONG while ago but never got to doing until now, so it feels 'out of place' in these patchnotes.

If it were any other faction I'd consider it a benefit but PE is already heavily reliant on fuel for anti-tank (and everything, really...) as it is, now even moreso. Because of that fact, I would say it's about even as a trade off.
This is a poor balance argument as well, saying something can remain broken simply because the faction is better off with it broken. It needed to be corrected, that has happened now. Problems that may exist with PE are a whole different issue and needs to be looked at seperately. Leaving imbalances in place to overall balance a faction is a poor way of doing balance.

As a general note, we are well aware there may be UP and OP abilities in these new doctrines. Over the next few weeks and months we will have the balance team extensively work on this. So expect frequent patches.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:18:02 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 05:18:00 am »

have the balance team

The mysterious and mythical balance black ops team that goes back to pre-salan times.They are a shady group and no one knows their name. They leave more burned ground than whole scorched earth doctrine.  Roll Eyes

i kid i kid  Wink
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 05:24:02 am »

You obviously misread what I was saying, as I said nobody uses the 37mm Hotchkiss.

So the situation from a long long time ago represents balance now? NOBODY has suggested that the Hotchkiss needs a nerf. Doing this kind of change without any discussion is, quite frankly, retarded. Maybe PE wouldn't need a light vehicle to fight heavy armour if it had any other sort of anti-tank capable of penetrating heavy armour, but alas, it does not. This is simply absurd. The best chance PE has is an anti-tank gun that's easier for the Pershing and Croc to kill than any other anti-tank gun, that has less penetration and deflection damage than other anti-tank guns, that is more expensive, and is vulnerable to enemy AT as well. All at the cost of having a decent top speed and immunity to mortars.

I totally agree that leaving imbalances in to balance a faction is bad, HOWEVER when you remove an imbalance without giving any sort of compensation, you're just making the faction fucking unplayable.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 05:24:20 am »

On the hotchkiss upgun, it was completely out of whack with all other light vehicles. There's reason enough to assume that it was a Relic fuckup on the penetration modifiers more than anything else.

'No one uses' is not really a balance argument, and quite frankly people did extensively use upgunned hotchkisses to counter pershing companies a long while back and then it was decided that an upgunned light vehicle should really not be such a hardcounter to heavy armour. It's something we should have implemented a LONG while ago but never got to doing until now, so it feels 'out of place' in these patchnotes.
 This is a poor balance argument as well, saying something can remain broken simply because the faction is better off with it broken. It needed to be corrected, that has happened now. Problems that may exist with PE are a whole different issue and needs to be looked at seperately. Leaving imbalances in place to overall balance a faction is a poor way of doing balance.

As a general note, we are well aware there may be UP and OP abilities in these new doctrines. Over the next few weeks and months we will have the balance team extensively work on this. So expect frequent patches.

Should I show you the Allied doctrines to show how imbalanced wtfpwn abilities are used to balance the factions?

sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 05:39:02 am »

*bug* Scout car still can purcharse MG upgrade without doc unlock

Senseless and ruthless.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 06:07:18 am »

Hotfix with in the next few hours.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2010, 06:16:12 am »

So the situation from a long long time ago represents balance now? NOBODY has suggested that the Hotchkiss needs a nerf. Doing this kind of change without any discussion is, quite frankly, retarded
I clearly stated in my post that there was a lot of discussion on this subject a while ago. Use forum search, I'm sure you'll find the topics I'm talking about.

As for your other arguments, that's just really arguing PE is having a hard time at AT, which is an entirely different, though interesting, discussion that we will not be having in this topic.
RiflesGo Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2010, 06:23:46 am »

Bugs here? Allies vehicle repairs not working.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 06:24:31 am »

Yes, that's being hotfixed together with a bunch of other things.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 06:26:05 am »

PE AT is a different but completely related discussion. As no other ANYTHING in the PE arsenal is capable of hurting a Pershing enough to make up its cost in most situations, nerfing the only thing PE has that can without fixing the other problem just makes PE instantly lose once people get lv7 accounts.
Ezekiel Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 06:42:58 am »

So any word on why Luft support teams were removed? I thought they were set it stone?  Cry
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 06:45:18 am »

We reinstated the flak88. But we couldn't keep AND the flak AND all support teams. For now they were cut but we are looking at possibly brining back some of them in one way or form.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 06:51:08 am »

RCA Bren Tommies can't button.

Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 07:00:24 am »

Riflemen with t2 boys at unlock from armour can take both BARs and Boys, leading to a fully equipped squad. I can only assume this is unintentional because you couldn't do this with the bazooka.
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 07:00:59 am »

so  ive just  tried  a new SE
*Saturation minefield  doesnt work

*new IA is a laugh (costs  the same , and   can not kil a single soldier,  could  we  try   the  old wersion  with  a  timer?)

*new   upgunned  hotchkiss is  even  worst  lol

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 07:02:44 am »

Earth Shaker barrage goes like...

Smoke
Wait 3 seconds
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM in about 3 seconds.
End
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 07:04:53 am »

What is the exact problem with minefield? Do you get no uses? Does it show up? Does it not spawn mines?
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 07:07:16 am »

it   has no icon,  you cant  use it .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc