Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:04:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 29, 2024, 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New!  (Read 7568 times)
Sebster10 Offline
EIR Regular

« on: August 13, 2010, 11:41:43 am »

Hey there!

I've just started getting into mods, so far I have tried the EF mod and found it interesting to say the least.
Now I have been told by many that EIR is a mod that you must try, so here I am.

Also, I downloaded EIRR is this the main mod?

Would anyone be happy to have a game with me and take me through some of the basics? I have a mic.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:42:48 am »

I suggest you read through the tutorials. How to build your company, etc.

Once done, just jump on and see if anyone is around. Ventrilo seems to be down right now so might be harder to find a game.

Sebster10 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:44:46 am »

I'm currently doing so.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 11:46:48 am »

Yeah, I suggest the Tutorials to be honest. Should give you a nice starting point.
Also, I'm going to say this, Don't expect to win your first couple games, Its a hard mod to learn, but once you get over the learning curve, its also one of the most fun mods Cheesy
If you want an idea on how the game plays, Have a look at the active broadcasts on the right Tongue
right now, Leo is showing a game here:->http://www.xfire.com/live_video/joothizzleo/
That give you an idea what to expect :3

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Sebster10 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 12:01:12 pm »

Yes, ive been watching some Shoutcasts and have an idea of how the game goes.

And I don't expect to win any games at all for a while  Embarrassed The competition looks harsh.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 12:07:20 pm »

Trust me, you will be fine if you stick at it, Just warning you so you don't think the mod is a pile of crap because you didn't win your first game Tongue
Also, Smokaz is doing a broadcast of a game (which I shall be in)
http://www.xfire.com/live_video/smokazcoh
Best way to see without jumping in and getting roll'd x3
Although, Don't expect your company to be like Smokaz's, Since hes got a couple doc stuff, and he's a really good player x3
Hasn't started yet so give it a chance, should be ready to roll soon ^^
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 03:21:09 pm »

Welcome!

If you havent seen them yet, shoutcasts are either in my sig, or on the front page, just gotta cycle though the pages.

And video tutorials are on the "News" page of the launcher. Takes about 15 minutes to watch them, but if you do, you'll be ahead of most players that start from scratch in this mod.

When vent gets back up, look for me in the help channel if you need some help.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 03:25:11 pm »

We had a list of vets that you can either try to get on their team or avoid, but i cant find it. either way you will find them out soon enough. we are Insanely awesome but as the old saying goes, you cant learn by winning. lose a game, ask for some help. modify, adapt and try again. quickest way. Dont forget Vent, itll give you an idea on what to expect, and dont get angry at veterans if they start yelling at you when you do something wrong yea. just take it as very harsh constructive critism. all i have to say

welcome Smiley

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Sebster10 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 05:57:25 pm »

Trust me, you will be fine if you stick at it, Just warning you so you don't think the mod is a pile of crap because you didn't win your first game Tongue
Also, Smokaz is doing a broadcast of a game (which I shall be in)
http://www.xfire.com/live_video/smokazcoh
Best way to see without jumping in and getting roll'd x3
Although, Don't expect your company to be like Smokaz's, Since hes got a couple doc stuff, and he's a really good player x3
Hasn't started yet so give it a chance, should be ready to roll soon ^^

Hey, I had a game with smokaz earlier(he was on my team, we won Cheesy).

Welcome!

If you havent seen them yet, shoutcasts are either in my sig, or on the front page, just gotta cycle though the pages.

And video tutorials are on the "News" page of the launcher. Takes about 15 minutes to watch them, but if you do, you'll be ahead of most players that start from scratch in this mod.

When vent gets back up, look for me in the help channel if you need some help.

I've watched quite a few of your shoutcasts, they are actually what got to me join this mod in the first place. Cheesy
Yea, ive watched all the tut videos and read the tutorial pages on this forum.

We had a list of vets that you can either try to get on their team or avoid, but i cant find it. either way you will find them out soon enough. we are Insanely awesome but as the old saying goes, you cant learn by winning. lose a game, ask for some help. modify, adapt and try again. quickest way. Dont forget Vent, itll give you an idea on what to expect, and dont get angry at veterans if they start yelling at you when you do something wrong yea. just take it as very harsh constructive critism. all i have to say

welcome Smiley

I've attempted to join up on the vent but its down atm. Sad

I've actually been doing better than I expected.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 06:52:57 pm »

yeah, most of the elites are temporarly unavailable to give a warm welcome to the new guys. (either on vacation or sodomizing themself with starcraft 2, like me lmao)

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 07:05:00 pm »

Yeah, its really noob friendly at the moment due to the summer holidays ;3
Wait until they get back and you will be in a world of hurt. Still its fun Cheesy
Glad to hear your first couple of games went alright. The first one is the hardest,specially since its really hard to make a good company, you learn to pick up what you need!
But yeah, welcome to the mod, glad you're having fun with it ^^
Hope you come to stay and join our ranks of awesomeness ^^
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 12:49:49 am »

heh, I remember my first game...all maxed out pop callins on abbeville...good thing I had puddin and donnie to protect me.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 07:25:49 am »

haha crazy. i only had my core and that was my whole company. i was defeated in the first 2 minutes and everyone was like "wtf?"
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 09:17:47 am »

haha crazy. i only had my core and that was my whole company. i was defeated in the first 2 minutes and everyone was like "wtf?"
I just lol'd.
I think my first expirence was I completely messed up the RO name for the account and just GTFO'd. Came back a day or two later and sat down and tried to do it properly. and it Worked Cheesy
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 12:11:45 pm »

I read everything I possibly could before I did my first match. Nothing went wrong except for the part where I got stomped. Games won used to mean so much more and I never tried to dodge a stack. I think I'm better for it
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 12:53:22 pm by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 12:25:16 pm »

yeah to remeber the first games.... its always a pain in the butt Cheesy
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 12:33:38 pm »

You talking about pain? I had to attack Schultz and Draken on RTC the first game I played. Smiley

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 01:27:34 pm »

I don't remember my first game, but I remember not having the map pack, so everyone had to play on hill 331 Sad.

I also remember that I got stomped like 10 or 15 games in a row before I finally won one. And I remember my first victory.

It was a 2v2 on Crossroads and it was me and some guy from a clan like Berlin something and anyways he had 2x stukas and just RAPED everything. It was awesome.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 03:52:29 pm »

The vet will remember my first run at EIRR... How i was known to run away from Smoke cuz i didnt want to lose my Vet. I had like 12 Vet3 FSJ's with the huge buffs if once gave back in the day.

my record was 20/160... Than istarted to play WM, and stop caring for vet.. and i started to win alot
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 06:01:51 pm »

I've never cared for vet and I'm actually win quite a few games that I'm even surpising myself. Just started a SE company and I've only got 3 games with it (and a "draw") and I've won all 3 of them. I'm happy with that, I'm not even shying away (playing Rank 9 companys) ect. Can't see my sheet being clean for much longer Sad
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc