Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 01:23:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A change of colour  (Read 7452 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« on: July 22, 2012, 09:09:17 am »

Alright, another suggestion from me. I've had this one on my mind for a while now and I've wanted to get it out there. (Go below the dotted line if you can't be arsed reading the disclaimer/backstory/etc)

Before I start, it should be noted that as far as a priority change goes, this one is very low on the list. It's purely aesthetic. Even if the community decides this idea is shit hot, I wouldn't expect it implemented for a good while and for good reason - There's more important things to be done. I'm suggesting it simply so it's out there.

Right, we all know that we can download skin packs and make our units look fantastic and give them our own individual flare. However, I've found that even the most awesome of skin packs tends to become dry after a while. Why is that?

To me, it's because the same skins will always be on the field every single time. Even the skin packs that have rotating skins for tanks can feel repetitive. So what if the skins were for each individual player? What if I go into a room, against three players, and each one has their own camo patterns out of their own conscious choice? One guy's running winter camo, another forest and another desert. All in the same room. Now what if the camo was per unit? What if I wanted to run one of my Pershings in bitchin' winter camo, while the other has urban camo?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So on to the suggestion. What if we can individually select the camouflage from say, 4-6 different choices (One choice being default, ofc) for each tank? Like selecting an upgrade? Granted, this would require that 3-5 camo patterns be made (Or stolen *Looks at you Deadbolt*) for each tank/vehicle in question, but it would introduce a level of customisability which is absent from... Every other mod?

The idea sounds pretty nifty, and hey, if you don't care for the preset patterns just keep using your own set of skins and override them right?

This leaves one other point. Where exactly would this little batch of customisation sit in the launcher? The company creation screen is already pretty clogged, but...

What about putting the choices there, for example? Like clicking an upgrade, just click the camo you want for your tank and it has the yellow border placed around it (And red borders for the rest of the choices once one is chosen) As for anything that can't have the camo applied... Simply have the interface greyed out when they are selected in the launcher.

I understand that this WILL take a fair deal of work to get running. However, it would go a long way in making EiRR even more unique than it already is. Perhaps something to think about once we've finished scrambling over the balance and doctrines for a while.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 09:16:47 am »

I like it.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 09:53:13 am »

+1

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 09:58:12 am »

Y U NO L2CODE 4 WAGS?!

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 10:29:35 am »

Screw you DIAR!!!!!
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 10:51:32 am »

+1

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 12:29:21 pm »

Inb4 Leophone says it's too much work and will never be implemented.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 12:52:10 pm »

When I first read the title I thought this was about michael jackson

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 05:38:44 pm »

When I first read the title I thought this was about michael jackson Learning 2ray.

interesting.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 01:06:46 am »

When I first read the title I thought this was about michael jackson

+1

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
X42-C1 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 11:40:59 am »

+1
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 12:08:44 pm »

+1

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 01:33:49 pm »

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 04:07:13 pm »

Community support is still in positive figures because Deadbolt can't do basic math.

TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 05:58:15 pm »

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 10:53:36 am »

Community support is still in positive figures because Deadbolt can't do basic math.

bitchplease i was just combo breaking
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 10:58:29 am »

bitchplease i was just combo breaking

And where was the C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

9th Armoured Engineers
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 11:09:40 am »

1. Thread needs cleaning.

2. What would be simpler to implement and while it wouldn't give you the option of having which colour you would prefer, going back to the system like how the tigers were at one point would be nice.

When you call on a unit it would be of a random skin, be it full color differences or maybe something as simple as a different slogan or unit insignia.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 05:19:39 pm »

There are skinpacks out there which allow for random skins.

What I want is for each company to be unique in it's choice of camo colours. I want to see OTHER people as well as myself show active choice in how their units are customised.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 09:26:39 am »

Normandy 44 mod has the perfect solution, at least for Riflemen. Each division and sub division has a new model/skin available.

-29th Infantry Div
-1st Infantry Div
-2nd Armored
-30th Infantry Div
-117th Regimental Combat Team

and some more that I don't remember. Aka, a fuckton of skins for vet4/5 riflemen. The axis units also had a plethera of skins available that I don't think I've seen in any other mod. Since N44 has been 'dead' for 2 years, I don't think their dev team would care if we pillaged some skins n shit from their mod. I mean, hell, Deadbolt has pillaged most of our maps.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc