Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:36:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] Airborne NightRaid  (Read 4990 times)
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: January 26, 2012, 04:24:25 pm »

i did not find any topics about this before so i have the questions:

Tier 4: bottom

snipers get garandsniperrifle

so that means both, the normal and the airbornesniper get the rifle and shoot faster?

airbornesupportteam gets cloak in cover

so airborne support teams get cloak in cover. but why are the normal supportweapons not effected by it? okay its called airborne doc! but EliteGren posted ones that those doc names are not good coz its not only airborne but combo builds.

Therefore it should effect normal support weapons

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 05:05:45 pm »

why would u use the ab ones anyway? they cost a bit more but they can fire up, get am armor and can paradrop in anywhere...

and it says "snipers" so it means more than one :p

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 02:36:20 am »

why would u use the ab ones anyway? they cost a bit more but they can fire up, get am armor and can paradrop in anywhere...

and it says "snipers" so it means more than one :p

i cant believe everything they write down there, coz there is alot not like they wrote it down. and no, i dont have only airbornesupport weapons.

so is it possible that normal supportweapons get cloak in cover? pls

PS: btw mortar is also supportweapon. is it also getting cloak in cover?
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 02:42:43 am »

dont be surprise if it doesnt work at all.
AB is broke and remains broke.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 03:17:19 am »

omg omg omg....arborne SO OP

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 05:01:38 am »

dont be surprise if it doesnt work at all.
AB is broke and remains broke.

Because the airborne doc needs SCAR coding, and the most other stuff can easily done by changing some values
in the main attribute file. Embarrassed

9th Armoured Engineers
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 03:24:11 pm »

I meant why wouldn't you. i can't type. I only have AB support in my AB.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 03:26:35 pm »

Because the airborne doc needs SCAR coding, and the most other stuff can easily done by changing some values
in the main attribute file. Embarrassed

if you know how,why not help if devs allow it?
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 03:38:44 pm »

i cant believe everything they write down there, coz there is alot not like they wrote it down. and no, i dont have only airbornesupport weapons.

so is it possible that normal supportweapons get cloak in cover? pls

PS: btw mortar is also supportweapon. is it also getting cloak in cover?

to answer your question. just AB support teams cloak in cover, and yes  AB mortar gets cloaked in cover.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 04:29:15 pm »

if you know how,why not help if devs allow it?

Cuz i can't scar. Wink
(But i understand the mechanism behind these stuff because i know a few other program languages)

Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 12:08:58 am »

SCAR is easy sauce.  All it is it LUA.  OMG thats hard!!?!?! lol, not for folks who have programming experience.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 01:43:46 am »

Cuz i can't scar. Wink
(But i understand the mechanism behind these stuff because i know a few other program languages)

I programed a bit in FORTRAN,LOL...gotta love when you learn something useful in college -.-
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 04:09:06 am »

I programed a bit in FORTRAN,LOL...gotta love when you learn something useful in college -.-

Who the fuck learns FORTRAN.....

Cuz i can't scar. Wink

If you understand any of the bigger languages LUA shouldn't be a problem SCAR is LUA but with some of the LUA functions stripped out.... If you're looking for what functions CoH uses EIRMOD is kind enough to host SCARDOC

http://www.europeinruins.com/ScarDoc/scar_doc.htm

Also a pretty handy site for brushing up on lua

http://lua-users.org/wiki/TutorialDirectory
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:16:34 am by Computer991 » Logged

Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 04:11:59 am »

Accidental double post.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 04:29:29 am »

Mainly i program microcontroller in C and Assembler. (Is this bigger than lua? - Assembler maybe  Tongue)

The scar documentation seems to be a big "instruction set" of COH. The several function are not the big deal but it seems that the problem
is that you had to know which function already exist. It looks quite interesting but i think i need some time to work in the structure of coh and
in the art of game programming.

Stupid question:
What's the "compiler" or the "programm enviroment" for coh?
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 04:51:26 am »

Mainly i program microcontroller in C and Assembler. (Is this bigger than lua? - Assembler maybe  Tongue)

The scar documentation seems to be a big "instruction set" of COH. The several function are not the big deal but it seems that the problem
is that you had to know which function already exist. It looks quite interesting but i think i need some time to work in the structure of coh and
in the art of game programming.

Stupid question:
What's the "compiler" or the "programm enviroment" for coh?

No compiler lua is a script really you just write whatever you want to write and then you save it and it will run without having to compile Tongue ...If you want I can send you the old EIRR source code it's fairly simple something i guess similar to C# It's much more simple than assembly.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 04:56:25 am »

Yeah that would be nice, but you don't had to send me the whole source code, a part of it suffice.
Sometimes i searched for infomations about scar but the only thing you can find are a few topic at coh-hq or in this forum plus a few sites
without special infomations.

WTF, no compiler. No i know why it is so horrible to find strange errors.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 05:24:37 am »

lol actually it outputs the log file which you can view using ~ + shift I belive or it might be ~+Shift+ ctrl I don't remember otherwise it's stored on your documents inside the games folder in company of heroes ect ect.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31949989/scar.rar

there are the scar files i'd suggest opening it with something like notepad ++
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 06:36:35 am »

I looked over some files and i had to say that the code itself have no special coding parts but when i want to understand these party
i had to look in the instruction set what the function are exactly doing. Also i noticed that you guys are really seldom put comments or
small discription to the seperate code blocks so that is hard to understand what these program blocks really do.

EIR_DelayedUpgradeInit(players[pid].platoons[n][iterator].sgroup, players[pid].platoons[n][iterator].upgrades,
players[pid].platoons[n][iterator].exp, 0, pid, 3, 0)

For example: Where is the discription of this function? It's not in the scar documentation. (For the several parameters)
Some of them are obvious but sometimes its good to read "This is for xy" instead of starting a train of thoughts about it.

function EIR_DelayedUpgradeInit(sgroupid, upgradeid, exp, ipopcap, ipid, idelay, iairborne)

Why is there a iairborne parameter?
It's really beefy to understand the thoughts of the programmer who created this code because there is no disription

A (small) Example from me:
// This function can be used for reading the actual configuration settings.
// The parameter value contains the instruction for the reading operation and the slave address byte.

// First parameter value;        - Corresponding return value;
// ReadTemperature      = Contains the actual temperature value.(two bytes in two's complent format, 9Bit length, 0.5°C resoulotion)
// ReadConfig         = Is a copy of the configuration register. (one byte)
// ReadHysterese      = Contains the actual output enable threshold temperature value for the O.S pin.(two bytes in two's complent format, 9Bit length, 0.5°C resoulotion)
// ReadEnableThreshold   = Contains the actual output disable hysteresis temperature value for the O.S pin.(two bytes in two's complent format, 9Bit length, 0.5°C resoulotion)
// ReadProductID      = Product ID of the chip. (one byte)

// Seond parameter value:
// SlaveAddress         = I2C bus address of the LM75 temperature sensor.
unsigned int LM75_Read( unsigned int Parameter, unsinged char SlaveAddress);

All guys understand, what this function do, allthough they never saw this function before.

What i try to say is:
I don't want to complain you work - It's awesome, i like this mod! But how should i help when it's so hard to include in it?
It looks interesting - but i need some time.  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc