Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:18:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Doctrinal System  (Read 26907 times)
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2011, 11:05:49 am »

And how fun is that if you like the leveling part???

With the proposed system you can make I so it takes 50 games to unlock everything, and still have it balanced enough for new LEVEL 1 companies to compete. There would be no need to have people start at higher levels “later in the war”.

Id rather have 7.5% of the faction level, but its still good. And I never said ALL of the grind was fun. Just some grind.

And then it will also require good play for the factions players.

If your faction can play good you can be a level higher than everyone elses faction Cheesy

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2011, 11:09:12 am »

WHO THE FUCK CARES,THIS SHIT IS POINTLESSSSSSS.

Pauli shut up already with these inane ideas of yours, Ampm stop responding to his responses to your responses to his responses.

Ugh pauli this idea of yours is dumb, simply put, i hate it personally, but other people like it, what are you gonna do?

Lol pauli playing americans Smiley

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2011, 11:12:34 am »

I just realized i had seen these doctrines before

its called OMG

fucking superpershings and spam noob play

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2011, 11:14:39 am »

Id rather have 7.5% of the faction level, but its still good. And I never said ALL of the grind was fun. Just some grind.
There can and will be grind. It just won’t make your company much stronger. Instead it will give you more options and a greater selection of units.

And how long the grind takes does not need to depend on anything. We can make it take, 10, 20, 100 games, and still have it balanced…

If your faction can play good you can be a level higher than everyone elses faction Cheesy
Yes because we want people to stick to their favorite fraction. Good luck on getting a games as Axis…
BigDick
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2011, 11:19:21 am »

Now you are talking about a system without level difference and you guys are complaining about not being rewarded for you grind?

Again I ask: what’s the point of raising the power level? When everyone's super, no one will be…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8I9pYCl9AQ

no, i complain for not being rewarded to play a specialized company my doctrine and doctrine unlocks would give

thats all doctrines are about, to use specific units equipment upgrades and tactics to be specialized in some kind of battle performance...

like when an armor player faces a apcr tankhunter company he should be in a huge disadvantage...or when a tiger/p4 company faces a hvap pershing/M18/m10 company it should be in a huge disadvantage too

that keeps company diversity and teamplay because everyone has strength and weaknesses
thats taken away by pricing all doctrine buffs
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2011, 11:19:37 am »

I just realized i had seen these doctrines before

its called OMG
Some is OMG some is EIR. I got a few ideas from OMG. Why not steal “the best” from both? A lot of the Gameplay in OMG is actually currently much better than EIR. I would be playing OMG if they didn’t have retarded plans for the future….
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2011, 11:28:24 am »

no, i complain for not being rewarded to play a specialized company my doctrine and doctrine unlocks would give

What you call rewarded I call forced… Buffing unit X for free forces you to play with that unit in order to maximize usage of the doctrine. That’s why there is only one or 2 good builds for each fraction. Blitz is the prime example. You are a retard if you chose anything but Battle Hardened. And once you chose Battle Hardened you are a retard if you chose Volks instead of Grens and Storms….

like when an armor player faces a apcr tankhunter company he should be in a huge disadvantage...or when a tiger/p4 company faces a hvap pershing/M18/m10 company it should be in a huge disadvantage too
And it would still be the same way with the proposed change…
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:32:13 am by SaintPauli » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2011, 11:54:57 am »

Won't new timesink periods show up with 'grind' even with this new system?

If *Time* advances the "Side level" it means people can play 100 games one week not gaining anything more than the players playing 10 games. Not saying this is good or bad.

If you can gain offmap cards, warmap abilities, reward units through playing games past the amount of games that do  "advance the war", it means that most active players will play a lot of limbo games farming these waiting for the war to advance or by sheer interest to playing

Isn't that a grind?
Won't that just replace having a higher leveled company in terms of adding capability to your company? Perhaps there will be max number of gains.

The sad thing then is probably there being less incentive to play "a lot" of EIRR one week :/

Well, we don't really know what it will be like. Too bad we dont get to discuss it before something that could have been criticised constructively beforehand gets released. Maybe we should cool off, I know I get excited in the discussion for sure.

Really wish warmap would come soon!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2011, 11:58:12 am »

The Cards will be things like reward units, or limited use abilities. With varying rarities it might make people keep playing.

I see no reason to play a ton of games though. Assuming things are balanced they won't have much impact.

EIRR is failing at providing uniqueness between doctrines other than a few unique units. This is my primary issue with the game. All my US Companies look pretty much the same, same goes for my Wehr and CW.

SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2011, 12:25:46 pm »

EIRR is failing at providing uniqueness between doctrines other than a few unique units. This is my primary issue with the game. All my US Companies look pretty much the same, same goes for my Wehr and CW.
You have had years to fix the old system but it’s still broken. How about you gave us a chance to do something new?

Or actually it really old school. We are pricing everything, just like Relic did in Vanilla CoH…
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2011, 12:44:58 pm »

VCoH? That terrible game?

The system fails at being fun because of people like you that think that everything should be toned down to being useless.

The current doctrines suck because they lack focus and depth.
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2011, 01:36:13 pm »

The system fails at being fun because of people like you that think that everything should be toned down to being useless.
With the proposed system you could still do some crazy buff because they would all be balanced with price.

Wanna buff the Tiger with 50% damage, speed and accuracy??? Fine just price it…
(Not saying that would be a good doctrinal unlock)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:40:29 pm by SaintPauli » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2011, 01:40:56 pm »

Thats why you make every doctrine super in different and flavorful ways. Wink
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2011, 01:51:48 pm »

Thats why you make every doctrine super in different and flavorful ways. Wink
You can still do that. Paying for the buff just keeps it balanced and keeps spamming the buffed units from being the optimum way of playing the doctrine – you can still spam but you wouldn’t benefit more than someone using some of the buffed units together with other units…
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2011, 01:58:28 pm »

You can still do that. Paying for the buff just keeps it balanced and keeps spamming the buffed units from being the optimum way of playing the doctrine – you can still spam but you wouldn’t benefit more than someone using some of the buffed units together with other units…

Only if the costs were balanced vs the gain, making it pointless to get said doctrine abilities in the first place. At this point just delete the doctrine section, and give everything as upgrades to units.
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2011, 02:04:06 pm »

Only if the costs were balanced vs the gain, making it pointless to get said doctrine abilities in the first place. At this point just delete the doctrine section, and give everything as upgrades to units.
Well we could do that but then we end up with one player fielding A Pershing, Rangers and Airborne at the same time…
(I think everyone still want there to be some strong/weak points to all companies)

TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2011, 04:42:23 pm »

Problem is, current companies dont really HAVE a weakness.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2011, 04:49:47 pm »

Exactly, and its a huge issue.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2011, 04:56:05 pm »

i totally agree, by trying to stop spam, via making the doctrines do small buffs to everything, we dont have companies that truly excel at anything, all companies just get all around buffs. Hmm it's quite a strange circle.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2011, 09:53:30 pm »

Why? If the price balances them, then there is no reason to get them.

I thought while in-game, units take POP.  An upgraded unit which costs more, is still a reason to get it because they cost the same in POP.  At least most will probably.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc