Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:56:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do allies suck?  (Read 26417 times)
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2009, 11:23:18 am »

When I first started playing, my second or 3rd game was with 31st and he got pissed at me for not knowing everything and not doing everything he said. I tried to do alot of what he said, but some of it was unrealistic. He was like, "Do this now!!!" and got pissed that I didn't get over there in time(which I couldn't of) to save his infantry.

31st is an interesting one.

For new players: Just jump in to any game and since your just learning try not to care whether you lose the game or not because it will just make you aggravated. Just play for fun. I still don't care whether I win or lose and it makes the game alot more fun.

Allies are just extremely grueling, thats basically the downside.

This is my signature, this is where I put all these little tidbits that show my character or just random things I found funny. Well you know what?
EFF YOU!!!!1
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2009, 12:17:25 pm »

I think you're either thinking of someone smurfing to be 31st, flashpoint, or mixing him up with someone(for instance PzGr3n). 31st has never in my knowledge been pissed off at anyone, and least of all a newbie Wink.

I still remember how I started... all those losses.. sigh, those were the days.

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2009, 12:34:38 pm »

I remember how i succesfully started in a 3v3 on Abb*****e. After that it went straight towards the pole positions :p

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2009, 01:47:09 pm »

Why do allies suck? Nothing innovative and/or survivable. It's been said time and again, the Germans have heavy infantry, they have light infantry with wicked abilities, they have all the cool "heavy" tanks and super effective weapons. The US is too bad and too expensive to be used like Zerg, so it's just an inferior Wehrmacht in most respects. Needs originality (such as the strategic arty suggested earlier as one possibility).

When I first started EiR I lost about eight games in a row, then left EiR for a while. I came back, lost about 50-75% of my first 40 games, then I started playing with actual good people and learning what to do better.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
SpockNinja Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2009, 02:53:16 pm »

I've realized that allies are at quite a disadvantage when it comes to EiR.
I play vanilla daily, and have been working EiR into my schedule as well, and the allies in
vanilla are balanced quite nicely. The reason being is because the allies are early and mid game
beasts, but come end game, axis always out gun them with things like the KT, Panther, Knights Cross, etc.
EiR allows deployment of end-game units immediately, which is cause for this. The biggest thing I have against
the allies is that the British's (who I am currently playing) main tank, the cromwell, has the stats of an armored car.
In the latest vanilla patch, it has the stats of a churchill, making it a much more reliable tank, comparable to the panzer IV, which
could start to solve some balance problems in EiR.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:54:59 pm by SpockNinja » Logged

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2009, 03:22:24 pm »

I've realized that allies are at quite a disadvantage when it comes to EiR.
I play vanilla daily, and have been working EiR into my schedule as well, and the allies in
vanilla are balanced quite nicely. The reason being is because the allies are early and mid game
beasts, but come end game, axis always out gun them with things like the KT, Panther, Knights Cross, etc.
EiR allows deployment of end-game units immediately, which is cause for this. The biggest thing I have against
the allies is that the British's (who I am currently playing) main tank, the cromwell, has the stats of an armored car.
In the latest vanilla patch, it has the stats of a churchill, making it a much more reliable tank, comparable to the panzer IV, which
could start to solve some balance problems in EiR.

lategame vet3 rifles = win (rape KCH like flies)

Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2009, 07:33:48 pm »

lategame vet3 rifles = win (rape KCH like flies)
Rifles don't even need vet to be better than any Axis inf, just give them BARs and Stickies (maybe a Pineapple Nuke™ for good measure).

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2009, 08:08:18 pm »

So all you need to be better than axis infantry is munitions? What happens when the Axis spend munition on their infantry?

Aloha I sincerely doubt that a single vet 3 vanilla (Because you have stated no upgrades) rifle squad can beat a KHC squad 1v1.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 08:25:56 pm by EscforrealityTLS » Logged

Pwanawan baby!
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2009, 09:12:56 pm »

So all you need to be better than axis infantry is munitions? What happens when the Axis spend munition on their infantry?

Assault Nades ftw Tongue.  Allies can take down PE infantry quite easily, only assault grenadiers pose a problem.  However every whermact infantry squad has the assault ability.

The game would be much more balanced if only Grenadiers and KCH could have the Assault ability.  It will get rid of those axis fanboys which have 8 volks squads with grenades because they're so cheap, hopefully if grenadiers are more expensive and they've already popped heaps of them for LMGs and Shreks they cannot afford as many assaults.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:02 pm »

I sincerely doubt that a single vet 3 vanilla (Because you have stated no upgrades) rifle squad can beat a KHC squad 1v1.

A single BAR does the trick.
Migi Offline
See airborne should get SMG's too!
EIR Veteran

« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2009, 10:46:23 pm »

Having quit playing for a long time I came back to find the same disadvantages that have always been exploited by the good axis players.

Mortar range = Allies face rolled
Pak Guns = Scout/Anti tank- In the five -10 games I have played since I have returned pak rule the roost, every Axis players seems to have 4, my tanks seem to get instant death, Ill kill three on a push and regroup my units after killing three and push again only to find three more. I have really lost interest since the 3 cloaked shots were itroduced, they were nasty enough with 1.

Panther front armor- near inpenatrable

The New ones for me,

PE AT half track

Inf HT with a flamer squad

Personal Gripes, the lack of rangers in supply. My rangers get ass raped because the enemy knows I only have 4 squads, in cover out of cover, with rifles, with tank support, doesnt really seem to matter, I generally get to use each squad for one assualt, and they arent that effecttive one squad ata time.

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2009, 12:13:21 am »

Personal Gripes, the lack of rangers in supply. My rangers get ass raped because the enemy knows I only have 4 squads, in cover out of cover, with rifles, with tank support, doesnt really seem to matter, I generally get to use each squad for one assualt, and they arent that effecttive one squad ata time.

Heh, your rangers get ass raped cuz of you, not your enemies!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/europe-in-ruins/videos/airborn-lead-the-way#imagebox
ahh the good ol' migi returns!  welcome back man, need to have a game with ya someday!

Ok ok, i jest!

there are a lot of things changed, for both sides.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2009, 06:48:18 am »

Quote from: Migi
Pak Guns = Scout/Anti tank- In the five -10 games I have played since I have returned pak rule the roost, every Axis players seems to have 4, my tanks seem to get instant death, Ill kill three on a push and regroup my units after killing three and push again only to find three more. I have really lost interest since the 3 cloaked shots were itroduced, they were nasty enough with 1.

I told you all, but do you listen? Noooooo  Tongue
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2009, 07:12:32 am »

http://www.moddb.com/mods/europe-in-ruins/videos/airborn-lead-the-way#imagebox
ahh the good ol' migi returns!  welcome back man, need to have a game with ya someday!

Salan, That is great work. I really enjoyed that.
Please sir, may I have another!!

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Groundswell Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2009, 04:54:27 am »

US def sucks, i don't know about brits. and the axis def have the coolest most uber units and weapons. but i've always played allies i guess cause i like bein the underdog. losing often sucks, but if i can get a few sucker punches in before i'm driven off the field i'm happy.

Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2009, 05:11:20 am »

stop whining!
Allies own. End

How can you lose? I love def as Allies

Just put out in core, 2hmg 2 rifle, 1 at gun (and att some enginers/1 more at gun)

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2009, 11:47:35 am »

ffs duck, such starting call in would fail so hard against an hmg + mortar.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2009, 11:56:44 am »

oh for the love of god, As soon as i get back from my vacation i am going to make a british company and own the heels out of everyone.

Eir customer support staff.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc