Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:35:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do allies suck?  (Read 26415 times)
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 10:53:31 pm »

could try doing what was done for the PE, take inf with upgrades and make them into different types.  Make rangers with no AT, and rangers with a lot of AT.  Make recon rifles that are really fast or something.   I'm no genius, but I'm sure they guy here could come up with a million more ideas.  Giving americans more units with different abilities would make them more attractive.

They did that once. Then people complained. Then they removed it. Then they put it back in. Then people complained. Then they removed it. Then I quit due to exams, of course. Wish I lived East, but ah well...

Infantry units only have a couple set speeds, according to GamerAndy. The next speed up would be FU speed.

Allies are less fun to play because of lack of unit diversity (and correspondingly limited companies), and flamebait strengths and according nerfs. Units on crack? Flamebait. Point and click instadeath? Flamebait. Spammable Infantry? Flamebait. Super Infantry? Flamebait. Every advantage that the Allies have is, of course, flamed upon by the pro-Axis fan bases (and even Neutral fan bases).

Alllies need some sort of niche that is flame-impervious, useful, and "skill-based", whatever the hell that means. Something that separates them from just being a less-worthy Wehrmacht...

It's like vCOH created something specifically unfit for EIR. Or maybe it was just player perception. Whatever it was, it didn't translate well.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:11:58 pm by acker » Logged
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 11:21:20 pm »

Because they are from the Fatherland...

Captain Trek Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 11:31:22 pm »

Practically every American unit is a shitty version of the wehr counterpart.

This is why three times as many Americans quit compared to all the other factions.

I'm afraid this is really true...

Riflemen < Grens
Allied mortar << Axis mortar
.30 cal <<< MG 42
Zooks and RRs < Shrecks
Sherman < PIV
57 mm < Pak
Sherman Croc / Quad 50 < Ostwind
M8 < Puma

And so on and so fourth... The only reason the M10 isn't on the above list as well is because Whermacht don't really have an equivalent unit... M10 < Marder III though...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:36:34 pm by Captain Trek » Logged
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 11:46:44 pm »

Riflemen > Pak
sniper > MG 42
Sherman Croc / Quad 50 57 mm > Shrecks
57 mm ,rrs. > PIV
sherman >  Ostwind
zooks > Puma

try this

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 11:51:15 pm »

Riflemen > Pak
sniper > MG 42
Sherman Croc / Quad 50 57 mm > Shrecks
57 mm ,rrs. > PIV
sherman >  Ostwind
zooks > Puma

try this

Because axis don't get grenadiers right?
And they dont get bikes or snipers
and they don't get tanks or AT guns
and they dont get mortars or snipers or infantry or artillery
and they dont get any AT at all
and they have no anti-infantry.

Stop it with the red herrings.  Practically every wehr unit is simply better than their American counterpart, and wehr also has many more unit variety, this is why three times as many Americans quit EIR as compared to other factions(this is a fact, ask EIRRMOD).

I noticed you ran back to wehr after a single day of trying out Americans. Roll Eyes
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 11:52:19 pm »

DUDe u got issues and should learn to stfu from time to time. Kiss Kiss Kiss
Btw try to combine these from time to time u lovable little rascal.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:55:43 pm by chefarzt » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 11:59:27 pm »

And so on and so fourth... The only reason the M10 isn't on the above list as well is because Whermacht don't really have an equivalent unit... M10 < Marder III though...

Speak for yourself I love my M10's and i do pretty good with them. a bit more sight would be nice. I'm just bummed out M10's only have 3 availability I hate the Sherman so much.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 12:07:25 am »

Allies suck because of availability.
AlcapwneD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 12:19:41 am »

Allies suck because god isn't on there side silly pants.

CompanyofNubz - Allies
TheGenerals - Axis
Alcapwned - Axis

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009, 12:39:34 am »

i also play allies from time to time and i never have problems with fighting 'uber' axis infantry. i also never have problems with allied mortars, u just have to go a bit further with it = higher shell accuracy..logical huh?
snipers are awesome while axis sniper often misses units in buildings but also non-garrisoned infantry.
axis unit availabiliy is higher, but what do u want? u got rifles! bar rifles are awesome. the .50cal on the sherman, always upgrade it!. m10...when their availability gets increased, axis are so fucked^^.
ATguns, just buy 4, 1 or 2 with aprounds, they rock and recrewable by ur 14 rifles..
the .30cal does a nice job in dealing damage, works against every axis infantry.
the quad...2 quads rape, no more comment -.-
captain trek, ostwinds suck.
allies just dont need "extra units" like in omgmod like the superpershing (rofl) assault AB (lol) blahblah

look at groundfires win vs smokaz and elitegren.
they won because they played with COMBINED ARMS. yes, even allies can do this...

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2009, 12:42:11 am »

could try doing what was done for the PE, take inf with upgrades and make them into different types.  Make rangers with no AT, and rangers with a lot of AT.  Make recon rifles that are really fast or something.   I'm no genius, but I'm sure they guy here could come up with a million more ideas.  Giving americans more units with different abilities would make them more attractive.

lol speedy rifles..no point to play axis anymore xD
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 12:46:33 am »

Actually i think god is on the allies side cause they have the best artillery Tongue
(calliope)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 12:50:51 am »

You shouldn't need doctrine units to beat base Axis units.

Also Aloha, with that ''build'' you just posted I know you've never played a game as Americans against competent Axis players
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2009, 12:55:04 am »

thats not a build, that just says as an ami u have to use YOUR variety of units, not complain about the axis ones...

btw, whats your build? now im interested
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 12:55:22 am »

Actually i think god is on the allies side cause they have the best artillery Tongue
(calliope)

I think I'm the only Armored player that has a respectable win/loss ratio. All I can say is that I've not used the calliope once since I've made this company and I'm doing pretty darn well for myself.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 12:56:55 am »

Smoky has a better win ratio Smiley

Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 12:57:21 am »

But he plays Infantry. Tongue
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2009, 01:09:56 am »

He played inf last war. This war he had a callie. He went 15-0 before his streak was broken. Dunno what happened after that.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2009, 01:18:47 am »

I stand corrected then
BigDick
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2009, 01:19:08 am »

i this the official allies only fanboys whine thread?

there are so many wrong informations in this thread its rofl

e.g. axis sniper is equal or better than allies...

people just think from breakfast to lunch...
or ap rounds on .cal to expensive....they rape a whole faction

if you go out and play some games you will see a huge variety of ally companys

some spam all kind of light vehicles as clown cars with flamer engis and ranger in it and m8

some spam quads (4 at one time raiding the map)

some use many tanks others many infantry or many support stuff (at guns rape rape half of the axis armee)

people always think that this is EiR not EiRR where only one faction of each side exists
my us companies are not boring for me, i use a huge variety of units

and when people say the allies units suck i have to disagree because everyone should consider the price and the upgrades you can get

wehr has more infantry types yes but if i have a volks...all he does for me is recrewing and fighting with its vanilla weapons...my rifles get bars they get a ingame ability (supression fire where you have to think when you will PWN axis inf at most) they throw grenades and they cause engine damages....

same with the recrew thing...when my rifles recrew something i get a 100% unit not a halfdead like when i recrew 2 things with 5men volks

i count 9 unit types in my wher company and i count 9-10 (depends on my doctrine currently armor and infantry) different unit types in my US
and i count just more of each type on my US accounts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc