Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 07:07:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch 0.7.9Y  (Read 37829 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2012, 09:43:02 am »

I love reading your posts Nightrain. Your delusional world interests me.

You have a billion complex and well thought out reasons for why the P4 is shit, but for ANYTHING allied, we just get this dribble:

ma logic is most of the time very interesting but still quite true. 2x ATGs are indeed quite much a solid 300 damage considering both hit and penetrate. Nevertheless using two atgs as a pair of lovers deep to scare away all the competition. Its almost overkill.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2012, 09:52:05 am »

smoke,move rr in smoke...profit

u never tried it right?

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2012, 09:53:57 am »

ma logic is most of the time very interesting but still quite true. 2x ATGs are indeed quite much a solid 300 damage considering both hit and penetrate. Nevertheless using two atgs as a pair of lovers deep to scare away all the competition. Its almost overkill.

ehm

ehm

ehm...

why do we compare two atguns to heavies? isnt there any support that makes atguns sometimes pretty uneffective?HuhHuh

well never seen 2 atguns fighting i heavy alone tbh
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2012, 09:56:14 am »

u never tried it right?

- AB covered ops mortar smoke is now actually buffed
where's the problem?

and I should have tried it why? You wanna say that rr in smoke dont work?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2012, 09:58:18 am »

why do we compare two atguns to heavies? isnt there any support that makes atguns sometimes pretty uneffective?HuhHuh

Isn't there support to those 2 atgs? I mean sure, 2 big guns are only 12 pop and the cheapest heavy is 14 pop. Which one can have more support I ask? Grin
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2012, 09:58:58 am »

2 atg's 10 pop
heavy - 16-18pop

so you have advantage of 6-8 pop over axis player to try to stop thing that can kill atg's before it does.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2012, 09:59:51 am »

where's the problem?

and I should have tried it why? You wanna say that rr in smoke dont work?

just say yes if u mean yes thx
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2012, 10:01:26 am »

2 atg's 10 pop
heavy - 16-18pop

so you have advantage of 6-8 pop over axis player to try to stop thing that can kill atg's before it does.

oh yea my fault, did not see those 6 pop sry
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2012, 10:02:57 am »

Isn't there support to those 2 atgs? I mean sure, 2 big guns are only 12 pop and the cheapest heavy is 14 pop. Which one can have more support I ask? Grin

2population? are u kidding me? buy a minesweeper for support XD
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2012, 10:36:15 am »

2population? are u kidding me? buy a minesweeper for support XD

2 pop + the pop that supports the heavy vehicle = the pop you can defend your atg wall.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2012, 10:38:04 am »

The Jackson is just a slugger with an M10 body. It would be weaker with no real benefit.

Everything else, well we just dont have the model for it.

There are only a handful of modders than can make a model for CoH, and they only focus on custom tanks that saw real combat action.

By that criteria, nearly every single allied tank is already in game. Since the Germans had tons of variations, naturally there is more content to make.

Its not that we dont want to add it, there's just no model for lets say the black prince, or the tortoise. Its not like they wern't attempted, they are just hold up in development somewhere.

I really want this for the US.

Well then, maybe we should stop taking the easy approach (just adding Axis heavies) and add other types of axis units instead?
Are there other unit types out there like infantry, AT, AI, Arty, that can be introduced more evenly across the factions?

It seems like we add axis heavies because they are cool and available, but we are unable to offer a balanced counter unit without risk of mirror balance.
Perhaps that should be our guideline when introducing any new units. No unit is implemented until a counter or equivalent opposing unit is available.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2012, 10:42:59 am »

arent there a bunch of coh units made,both for axis and allies? dunno about getting permission to use them,but if it's for good cause and you said something like 'courtesy of guy who made it' that it wouldnt be huge problem to be able to use them? In the end,it's not like guy who made them would earn money on them.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2012, 10:43:06 am »

The problem there tank, is this.

US AND British already have the said counter units available versus heavies.

Both have non reward and reward.

M10, Hellcat.

Achilles, Firefly

The major problem with adding stuff is this: Axis had more variety, so many available options. US only had the same shit in greater numbers which makes it difficult for ANYONE to come up with reward units.

I still made the 50' cal suggestion which is open for US. I can't possibly think anything that would be good to add and available in models for US or for British.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2012, 10:52:19 am »

Everyone who isnt a total dumb-dumb understands why its irrelevant that allies didnt  actually field a lot of their heavy prototypes. They should still get them, because if we're going to talk about what was and wasn't fielded, how about the dominant allied axis and artillery superiority? Its realism when your 25 core gets blown up by a eartshaker.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2012, 11:06:44 am »

You know, Smokaz does bring up a very fair point.

We say it is unrealistic to bring on units that were not actually in the war, but at the same time we have invisible little units running around in the middle of the road........

We are talking about reward units, so perhaps all allied "prototype"  units could be considered reward units?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2012, 11:40:33 am »

The Maus is a prototype too, so there's really no reason why the US can't have a big badass prototype heavy tank as well. (Provided there's actually a working model for one)
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2012, 11:56:51 am »

whatevs to these reward units
AB call timer for enemy and +6 pop aint working
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2012, 12:25:48 pm »

Come on people, check the modelling community and see if a Centurion has filtered it's way through yet!

You know that shit would be fun.

When thinking reward units, we should think fun. Aint the model of that Axis Rocket Halftrack floating around? The mini Calli on a halftrack job?

Also, here's an interesting thought... Why should reward points conform solely to units? Why not allow for the distribution of hard to produce and valuable supplies such as APDS rounds, or field engine modifications, improvised armour plates and the likes? The sort of stuff that crews got their hands on in the field when they could, rather than stuff you'd find distributed to an entire company (Doctrines).

Naturally anything like that would have appropriate munition/fuel costs. Doesn't have to be just for vehicles either, could do it for infantry too. Extra rations for small health increases or extra ammo to increase rate of fire a bit (More ammo, gonna be less cautious on ammo conservation).

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2012, 12:35:24 pm »

Naturally anything like that would have appropriate munition/fuel costs. Doesn't have to be just for vehicles either, could do it for infantry too. Extra rations for small health increases or extra ammo to increase rate of fire a bit (More ammo, gonna be less cautious on ammo conservation).

like the idea Wink
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2012, 01:08:24 pm »

Why not split several variations of vehicles.

Like P4s had so many different types with different armor and so on. Like P4H had better frontal than earlier P4s.

Sherman Specificly 76mm with improved armor and so on and so on etc etc. Easy to use the current models for many. Plus Salan had a lot of models too in his Fall of France.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc