Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 02:46:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balance Lead  (Read 9493 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: November 21, 2011, 12:52:41 pm »

As some of you may have noticed, Skaffa is our new Balance lead.

As an active player, with a strong knowledge of game mechanics, we are very pleased to have skaffa as our balance Lead.

Skaffa took the initiative to approach the Dev team with his ideas on how to organize a balance advisory team. He will take input from the balance team and organize it into a report to be presented to the SDT. This information will be processed by the SDT and will be implemented if it fits the overall design philosophy of the SDT.

Skaffa does not make the final balance decisions, so if you have a problem with balance, do not blame him. However, his reports will always be taken under strong consideration by the SDT.

Skaffa will be posting his own information as to how he would like balance concerns reported by the general community.

We feel Skaffa is a valuable asset to the team and ask that you respect his time and patience......

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 12:56:16 pm »

Skaffa you have my sword and my shield. Don't dissapoint your Sons of Skyrim, Dovahkin.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 12:59:26 pm »

Will skaffa still be active in the foreseeable future?

Skaffa! do you have any plans for the next 3 months!? what i hate and ive done also is that, the first week, you go out guns blazin, then the next week is like eh, then the week after there's no care at all and you find other things to take your time up

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 01:00:48 pm »

skaffa go for it yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaay

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 01:07:08 pm »

yay, now i dont have to worry about playing him.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 01:09:41 pm »

Best of luck to you Skaffa, trying to balance EiRR accurately is like talking a woman with PMT and a gun out of shooting you.

To make matters worse, you even spilt her morning Coffee. That's how dire and sensitive the situation is.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 01:12:25 pm »

BTW, since things are going to be kinda new, is there a way that we can start to have balance discussions not only be internal so we can know what the team is looking at?

I think one of the most frustrating things is posting things that bug us only to not have anybody make any comment on it we feel is official whether its being considered or not.

personally i dont care if you agre a unit or ability is OP or UP but i'd love to know if devs or someone on balance agree or disagrees.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 01:41:45 pm »

Luckily there isn't much pressure, since EIRR only has about 10 people playing now.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 01:46:29 pm »

yes, right now but there are always alot of games going on and more than 10 people post on the forums.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 02:18:23 pm »

lol, I post on the forums, but haven't touched EIRR in quite a while. Tooo many other games to play.

Anyway, posters does not equal players Tym. But yea, now is a good time, no real pressure at all to get balance sorted.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 04:08:39 pm »

@Tank:  Who gets to be on the balance team anyways?  And is there any way we are allowed to know who the balance team actually consists of? 

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 05:16:40 pm »

@Tank:  Who gets to be on the balance team anyways?  And is there any way we are allowed to know who the balance team actually consists of? 

NO!!!!

For very simple reasons:
1.) Members of this community would badger the members daily to a point that no one would ever want the job
2.) Evey single person in this community would argue whether the person was qualified or not based on there personal opinions, not on facts
3.) It would become a flame war of personalities on the forums

Just announcing the lead caused a thread of insults. This community can't handle the truth .....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 05:24:26 pm »

EIRR leadership resembles much of the US leadership.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 05:28:48 pm »

EIRR leadership resembles much of the US leadership.

that's an insult to US leadership, EIRr leadership actually gets things done.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 05:45:48 pm »

NO!!!!

For very simple reasons:
1.) Members of this community would badger the members daily to a point that no one would ever want the job
2.) Evey single person in this community would argue whether the person was qualified or not based on there personal opinions, not on facts
3.) It would become a flame war of personalities on the forums

Just announcing the lead caused a thread of insults. This community can't handle the truth .....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo

Ok that seems reasonable actually.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 06:03:24 pm »

that's an insult to US leadership, EIRr leadership actually gets things done.

Still waiting on Warmap...

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 06:08:53 pm »

Best of luck to you Skaffa, trying to balance EiRR accurately is like talking a woman with PMT and a gun out of shooting you.

To make matters worse, you even spilt her morning Coffee. That's how dire and sensitive the situation is.
Read my sig.  She probably WOULD stab you with the coffee cup.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 06:10:41 pm »

Still waiting on Warmap...
As I recall, you are the only person to manage being REMOVED from the warmap beta?  Or am I thinking of another troll?

Anyway, in a couple of hours, read the next patch notes Wink
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 06:13:16 pm »

Patch notes coming Soon(tm)?

And no I never participated in the Warmap Beta. Although if I did being removed from it would likely be more gratifying than insulting.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:20:13 pm by Vermillion_Hawk » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 08:24:47 pm »

Just to go onboard Tank's No. 2 - would the community name one single person that was ever capable of being an unbiased BT member - sherely based on the community's perception?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc