Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:45:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This just sucks  (Read 7407 times)
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: December 05, 2014, 08:20:59 pm »

I have not been around in forever, and it sucks knowing that this place is goign away.  Hell i don;t even know where to go to find a good group of guys, that we can bull shit have fun and play random games. 

I suck at short posts but here goes.  What happened to the community?  Yes it centered around EIR, but we used to play so many games more than EIR.  Thats why maede me play EIR the msot was the fact that when we could relax and play 5 other games and then get a game of EIR. 

I want a community again,  on vent, looking for games, any game just a group of people enjoying games.  Maybe Civ, wargame, EIR, Dayz doesn;t matter what it is its just fun.  Hell... Anyone up for this?  or has everyone pretty much gone their own way?  Maybe invite ppl to the ventrollo server because seeing ti empty just makes me sad

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 04:27:42 am »

Game is left bugged now Tongue
OMG is still alive. I heard a rumor about some other mod comming Smiley I also would suggest buying CoH2, because mod tool is live now.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:17:23 am by GrayWolf » Logged

Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 05:17:31 am »

Game is perfectly fine thankyou mr.Wolf. It has a few bugs that need stamped out, but the ones that are there i have no clue how to fix. That's niko's job. I canny patch anything, if there's no patch notes to implement, since the balance team is non-exsisant as far as I'm aware.

I'm playing a lot of BF4 and COH2, along with some Men of war and a few other games.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 06:10:11 am »

since the balance team is non-exsisant as far as I'm aware.

There hasn't been a balance team in years, maybe a balance Duo or Trio, but a team no.

As for Gary, OMG is bloody shite.

with its almost unlimited Heals, it just promotes SPAM, and the worst kind of spam, bloody support weapon SPAM creep doom forts.

Its barely evolved from Vcoh apart from having pre determined callins and no need for ingame res points.

Its just a boring attrition fest of who can out support spam who.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 06:54:22 am »

It's very likely there will eventually be a mod like EIR for COH 2, just a matter of time really. It just won't be by us.

As for the community, the days you are nostalgic about are already 2 - 3 years in the past, most of the players from those days have long moved on (and the community that was present after that was not nearly as tight knit), though I'm sure some will return for whichever mod comes next.

I'm always up for a game of whatever, so feel free to hook me up on Steam any time.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 09:53:36 am »

Community crew up, are out at job marketing and taking care of children puddin, the young blood is still here.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 01:20:29 am »

Game is perfectly fine thankyou mr.Wolf. It has a few bugs that need stamped out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLO1CPYv0hc

So you built a cage called patch. No offence, but game is still unbalanced (veterancy) and brits are LITERALLY FUCKED UP. Since Captain buff doesn't work.

What I would suggest is change the buff if it doesn't work and u cannot fix it. I feel that after devs's abandoning of the sinking ship, people won't trust the sweet talk.

I'm gonna be punished for doing that, but : http://www.omgmod.org/index.php?topic=12472.
I hate OMG devs for uploading untested patches, but hotfixes come instantly if sth isn't working.

Like I said, no offence, since we know you don't have enough time guys. You have work, children and all the adult stuff, which I don't understand, but respect.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:30:49 am by GrayWolf » Logged
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 01:14:39 pm »

don;t turn this into a fuckign balance thread, go the nice title called balance to argue.  ffs.

Its not that long ago the community was a community within the last year i swear before the most recent split up and mumble ppl were on vent and we could all get a game. 

I just like to play games, EIR was a and is still a good game, but do i need to play it daily?  no.  But if someone were to ask why not have a game  and then play something else. 

Just miss those days and want to build something like that.  Said it since day one.  The game is nice, but the community is what keeps it going.

i work 60-70 hours a week, getting married, still enjoy a good game with people tho....
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 03:48:32 pm »

+ stagnation. People sort of lost interest, it is an old game and a mod after all. The older ones naturally leave.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 02:49:41 am »

Most of us are on steam and play games together.

thats where the community has migrated to.

Vents showing its age, most have moved onto teamspeak and the like.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 08:46:17 am »

yo pudding hit me up on steam lets play some dota or something

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 11:31:41 am »

+ stagnation. People sort of lost interest, it is an old game and a mod after all. The older ones naturally leave.

I like to think were still around.

Just waiting for something to renew that feelin'.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 11:22:33 pm »

I like to think were still around.

Just waiting for something to renew that feelin'.
We are, by all means.
Its just no one knows what the something is.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 06:53:41 am »

Well, if anyone is up for some BF4, I'm on t most days and nights if I'm not at work and don't have my son.

Origin name is ScottishVoodoos.

Or COH2 Steam name is ScottishVoodoo.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 08:34:43 am »

We are, by all means.
Its just no one knows what the something is.

Yup, exactly.

Ask 10 community members what the mod should do and you get 10 different opinions. Then it turns into a balance discussion no none agrees on......lol

Biggest mistake the dev team ever made was jumping back and fourth trying to appease the loudest complainer.
If Eirrmod had just stuck to a design and completed it we would probably still be here.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 10:09:10 am »

Dev's shouldn't disscus on balance tbh XD
There should be 4-member balance team and no one else Smiley
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 11:24:52 am »

Some ambitious people should make EIR2 for COH2 or MOW:AS2

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 12:22:24 pm »

Some ambitious people should make EIR2 for COH

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 01:11:35 pm »

Yup, exactly.

Ask 10 community members what the mod should do and you get 10 different opinions. Then it turns into a balance discussion no none agrees on......lol

Biggest mistake the dev team ever made was jumping back and fourth trying to appease the loudest complainer.
If Eirrmod had just stuck to a design and completed it we would probably still be here.

You of ALL people should know the core thought of business. You can not please everyone Cheesy
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 06:42:30 pm »

You of ALL people should know the core thought of business. You can not please everyone Cheesy

Yup, and I argued often in the dev lobby about it. The smart decision would have been to just design and build the mod as we wanted it. If people did not play it because it sucked, then it would be up to us to change it or let it die.

The fact is, there were enough people on the dev team that had good insight into what should work that we should have just kept it to ourselves and released when it was done.
Instead, it was decided to put out incomplete product or product that had been bastardized to fit the mood of the vocal minority at the time.

Such a waste of resources.....

We went to so much trouble to create a design document for Eirr2 (mostly unknown & myself) only to have Eirrmod put out a rough design of the launcher and game that didn't even match the design....LOL. Then he was pretty deflated when we asked him to change it.

Anyway....whatever. If I could find someone like Xeoniz to come on board I would get the new mod up and running. I will give it a few more months for someone to come along who is not a dick head before I pull the plug on the server.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc