Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:24:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: well im out, cya later  (Read 15145 times)
overfreeze222 Offline
Content Creator

« on: March 26, 2009, 04:00:18 am »

Lets all go play some bloody vCoH shall we?

watch this and understand
this is the game that has brought me to the conclusion... why play a mod thats supposed to be a completely different playstyle, wen i can get bullshit sim city in Vanilla? enjoy.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=490635

Never EVER not cut leave out the blood drippings on a computer case.
I did, and the Power-supply literally EXPLODED.
The most uncomprehensible post on the forums... Ever.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 04:04:33 am »

overfreeze, we're in the process of changing it.

The emplacements were very... unusable.

We changed them, and unfortunately, we swung the pendulum to far in the opposite direction.

We are discussing some very interesting design points, and will have something in a week or so - it should reduce simcity to rubble Wink

My point is, we'll get there in the end

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
BigDick
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 04:20:18 am »

it is not only sim city

it is now the combination of sim city with blobs and arty

blobs (the cancer of before patch) was buffed by giving extreme deadly at to the blobs too

sim city was buffed by range and durability of emplacements

and arty was allways with the brits and buffed by emplacements and giving every doctrine 25 pounder
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 04:30:18 am »

Yep, that about sums up our discussions Dick.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 04:40:46 am »

He's just being a big dick again.

No matter how much I make that joke, it never gets old.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 04:43:02 am »

It brings back that feel of the "Ucross" style of balance. Set it swinging wildly to either side till it reaches the middle. Instead of small changes just toss a bunch of huge buffs into whatever seems weak at the time.

MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 04:44:46 am »

It brings back that feel of the "Ucross" style of balance. Set it swinging wildly to either side till it reaches the middle. Instead of small changes just toss a bunch of huge buffs into whatever seems weak at the time.

I'm more in favour of frequent and gradual changes, rather than massive quick changes, their progress is easier to monitor and control.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 04:59:43 am »

So what you guys have in stored this time ? Can you ever be transparent for what youre planning to get in the mod ?
You know actual feedback BEFORE the patch on changes youre thinking of making would help immensely in this department.

A lot of us are extrememly dissapointed by the balance now(brit blobs have been on since EIRR went live for example), and if its not clear let it be known again.

And yeah i'm sorry but elitism through a closed group of people, doesnt help at all.

Going back and forth with stat changes on emplacements isnt going to get you anywhere.
The reason why everyone blob as british, its because there is nothing else to do, and it is allowed by current cost pop and price costs.
If youre not willing to change fondumental vcoh mechanics youre not going to get anywhere from changing how british and pe are played out.
Going hand to hand with relic is the worst idea you can possibly have.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:01:27 am by Schultz » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 05:09:56 am »

He's just being a big dick again.

No matter how much I make that joke, it never gets old.

eh i give appreciations to the devs for trying there best on improving EiRR and actually the technically part get better and better with every patch release

awesome work so far and i know it is hard to balance some coh stuff, but actually i LOLed before last patch about all the whiners and ridicules balance suggestion of some forum spamers
and i LOLed on the changelog again...and now we see how it works out

and now call me Nostradamus
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 05:19:14 am »

Did any of you actually watch that replay?  Just counting MGs and AT guns:

Total emplacements from the 2 Brits: four 17 pounders, one bofors, one vickers MG nest.   At most on the field at the same time?  two 17 pounders.

Total MGs/AT guns from the 2 wehr: six pak38s, eight MG42s.

And you wonder why two RCA players beat support weapon spam from wehr.
BigDick
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 05:26:39 am »

Did any of you actually watch that replay?  Just counting MGs and AT guns:

Total emplacements from the 2 Brits: four 17 pounders, one bofors, one vickers MG nest.   At most on the field at the same time?  two 17 pounders.

Total MGs/AT guns from the 2 wehr: six pak38s, eight MG42s.

And you wonder why two RCA players beat support weapon spam from wehr.

eh the problem is you need hmgs to fight brit blobs (without you are done) you need mortar/nebel to fight emplacements and paks to fight tanks...

means a lot of support stuff

wehr was allways build around many support weapons thats the way like the defensive wehr faction is meant to be played in coh
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 05:30:32 am »

hope you come back in about two weeks time when we fix the issue otherwise enjoy your gaming

SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 05:45:58 am »

I can never go back to vanilla.  Embarrassed
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 05:52:02 am »

Actually it was 4 17pounders, 2 bofors, 1 vickers and 1 mortar pit from us. The ami (sorry forgot your name) had a few 30 cals and 57mms and 60mm mortars.

Actually, all sides support weapon spam, because they are powerful when set up. Ami/Wehr is somewhat similar, PE support weapons are mainly HT based and mobile though quite vulnerable, and Brit support weapons are primarily emplaced and very durable.

The main thing that breaks this / not fun at the moment is [1] some weapons like nebelwerfer, regular tanks, anti-tank nades etc doing low damage to emplacements [2] free health refill of rebuilt emplacements, and probably, overly huge range bonus to 17 pounder and bofors.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 06:18:20 am »

I don't think it needed but im going to re-iterate what EIRRMOD said we will fix it, we kicked it over the wrong way but we are not stupid.

Also shultz compared to Ucross days we talk more to the community about balance and consider more suggestions than you can consider, but it makes sense to keep things in a local control, the key memebers are in 2 close timezone groupings. 

Yes there is an issue and yes we know your opinions on it all, and to think for one second shultz and others that we ignore it, i guess means you guys have decided not to at least afford us some credit for the work up to this point.   

We are not elitist we are not out to lord it over people, and shultz everyone of the guys here has put a massive amount of work into this amongst full time jobs, family issues and commitments outside of the pc and this game that takes a certain amount of commitment and time managment not only that but up to this point the dev team have funded the server, the vent and all time can be costed as well, this is here because we are putting our time and our money into it.  Consider that before slamming us for one mistake. 

Further we gave allot of people insights into what we are thinking and ask thier opinion allot of the times. 

I think i don't need to say anymore we will continue to work on the mod and continue to shape it according to what the team see as the right direction but we will and do consider all suggestions made.

Just think about it before you go after us with the pitch fork and shovels.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 06:38:20 am »

Personally i have said many times that i support you guys, this mod, the work, especially lucifer's (whos one guys trying to code everything) and have said so since the first time i saw the launcher, and will continue to do so.
But apart from that, i cannot play fanboy while ignoring the reality. I will speak my mind no matter, and if that is critisism, its all good natured. Me and others disagree on the track you have been following so far and this needs to be voiced.
I dont really wanna go through this everytime im being critical of something to avoid be seen as ungrateful or whatever.

Contrary to what people may think, im not here to stack and get easy wins at the expense of the gameplay or others people fun.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 06:40:27 am »

Just to say it again,

We are working on some solutions to the problems. Can't say what they are yet, but we have a few options to pick from and will only pick the one we feel will work.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 06:52:06 am »

Thats fine shultz but at the same time i thinks its fair we defend ourselves aginst some unfair criticism you levld at us about elitism and the like. If you do suport us then why colour that with such vitriol?

You have a right as much as i do, i look to keep it respectful.  There is no need to devolve this thread.  We know the concerns and we know the issues.  Constructive criticism helps. We will make the right calls.   

Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 07:04:37 am »

I do support you, i just feel we're close reaching a point of no return, thats why the steam Tongue

There are people who on private pms told me they stopped writing in the forums cause noone listens.
Reaching a point where you can compaire EIRR's gameplay to vcoh is something to comment upon dont you think.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:11:03 am by Schultz » Logged
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 07:07:51 am »

ahh well heres the thing we saw the cliff edge and we are re-adjusting and there is never any point of no return.  We can always change, we are more flexible than in the past. 

I personally value everyones insight, but ill only consider it if its without the vitriol and sarcasm and general mean spirited rubbish that at times colours threads. 

If you want to influence and make contributions a mature and a thoughtful post does way more than a hate filled rant on why life is unfair. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc