Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:58:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 08, 2024, 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch 0.7.9Y  (Read 37903 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 03:06:00 pm »

erm,so what's the point of giving 20 RP today when they will be gone in 48 hours? just saying...  Roll Eyes

you could have handed 10000000 RP to each,rly wouldnt matter since when you delete them in 2 days...

Why do you even play this when other games do the same thing but better now?

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 03:08:09 pm »

actually I havent played it this week at all I think,played few games today just to see patch.
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2012, 04:22:04 pm »

Somewhere along the way members of the community have taken the attitude that:
b) reward units should be in every company

They were given out to test units and the testing is done.

This is what I am at odds with. I have not gotten to use any reward units thus far, and will finally get to use them now (for a short while, but that's okay). I don't even particularly care about reward units - the only unit I've ever even been interested in was the Jagdpanzer IV, and now the new Elefant, and I'm not going to miss them at all when they're gone. However, logically speaking, it makes VERY little sense to have this attitude about reward units that you do. You guys added a bunch of new content to the mod and even though it's working perfectly on most accounts, and people enjoy it, you say "nah, not allowed to use that content". New content tends to make games more fun, and all you are doing by keeping people from using it is reducing the amount of fun some people are having. There is just about nothing to be gained by essentially removing the new content from the game for the time being.

You also seem to be stuck up on the literal definition of -->Reward<-- Points, but from what I can tell they're never actually given out as a reward (please correct me if I am wrong), so that also makes little sense.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2012, 04:58:21 pm »

@ rainbow.

You seem to be missing the point.

The Warmap is not complete or implemented. A mechanic of the Warmap is the ability to gain additional units. These units are referred to as reward units. By completing specific tasks (yet undetermined) a player will have the option to use reward points to purchase reward units and/or other abilities. That is the purpose of reward points.

Because our development team is not a large corporate office with a large number of employees on the same time zone, we are unable to play test new units (like our reward units) in an efficient manner. So the Dev team decided to hand out enough reward points for the community to play test reward units, so we could try to get them balanced.

Essentially what you are requesting now is that we just give everyone reward points for doing absolutely nothing and just having an account with this mod. That in turn makes reward points absolutely worthless and limits our abilities to reward members for completing game tasks or contributing to the mod and/or community.

The true intent of reward points is a reward for completing specific tasks, milestones, contributions etc. Some members of the community seem to have lost sight of the fact that RP are not supposed to just be handed out because you have a pulse. You earn them.

I hope that clears up some confusion.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2012, 05:03:34 pm »

Essentially what you are requesting now is that we just give everyone reward points for doing absolutely nothing and just having an account with this mod.

Awesome, i like his idea!

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2012, 05:27:27 pm »

NO

YES

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2012, 06:10:14 pm »

NO

Didn't say if it should be put in, but it IS available.

Then again i support anything being added to the game as long as its priced correctly.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2012, 06:35:50 pm »

Awesome, i like his idea!

lol
Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2012, 07:10:37 pm »

NO

aww, axis fanboy doesn't want allies having more heavies?

Lets see.

American Heavies - Pershing...
British Heavies - Churchill Mk VI, AVRE & Croc
WM Heavies - Tiger, King Tiger, Tiger Ace
PzGrens - Jagdpanther, JagdTiger, & Elefant

i mean omg one more wouldn't upset any balance at all ffs.

so effin tired of seeing heavies every game i play. Last game i went against 2 kt's a tiger and tiger ace. we won yeah but oh my god it was ridiculous. i've also gone against 3-5 panthers at once, 3-5 tigers on field at once, you dont see this with allies, and then when those said heavies can just 2 or 3 shot your atgs, it prompts mega rage
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:12:23 pm by Zamochit » Logged
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2012, 07:11:42 pm »

Essentially what you are requesting now is that we just give everyone reward points for doing absolutely nothing and just having an account with this mod. That in turn makes reward points absolutely worthless and limits our abilities to reward members for completing game tasks or contributing to the mod and/or community.

Essentially, yes. You hide new content behind the guise of "rewards" but don't actually give out rewards, at least to my knowledge. If the system works as you describe, and people are actually rewarded for certain things, sure. But my confusion, as you put it, comes from not actually seeing any rewards system in place. I am perfectly fine with having a system to earn things, but if there is no way to earn them, they should be given out until a system IS in place to earn them. Again, I could be wrong, but I haven't seen anything to indicate you actually CAN earn them.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2012, 07:13:37 pm »

10 reward points a week! Viva la Revolution!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2012, 07:15:39 pm »

But my confusion, as you put it, comes from not actually seeing any rewards system in place. I am perfectly fine with having a system to earn things, but if there is no way to earn them, they should be given out until a system IS in place to earn them. Again, I could be wrong, but I haven't seen anything to indicate you actually CAN earn them.

Thats because there IS NO REWARD SYSTEM IN PLACE!

Tanks explained multiple times that it hasn't been finished yet, and is being worked on, they do not want to release a piece meal product for the rewards/war map system
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2012, 07:18:34 pm »

And I believe that it is logical to give out the new content for free, until that system is finished, because you don't really gain anything from locking it up, and it would make the mod a bit more enjoyable for some people. That was my point.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2012, 07:18:48 pm »

aww, axis fanboy doesn't want allies having more heavies?

*Insert rest of rant here*

Fella, he got the picture after my post.

Also, does anybody know if anybody has made a Centurion model? If so, we need that British beast!

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2012, 08:26:33 pm »

i would as well like to see some more heavies in for allies besides the panther armor having better armor then a pershing or so i have been led to believe.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2012, 08:37:52 pm »

Well the problem is Allies didn't have any more heavies and most of the Allied tanks are already in game.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:42:08 pm by jackmccrack » Logged

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2012, 09:06:58 pm »

Well the problem is Allies didn't have any more heavies and most of the Allied tanks are already in game.
Americans have plenty of more heavies, except all of them were experimentals. I dont see anything wrong with adding in a experimental heavy considering that the jagdtigers and elefants are in all seriousness not very far past prototype status considering how frequently they broke down. Its like they were hardly tested.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2012, 09:51:52 pm »

Americans have plenty of more heavies, except all of them were experimentals. I dont see anything wrong with adding in a experimental heavy considering that the jagdtigers and elefants are in all seriousness not very far past prototype status considering how frequently they broke down. Its like they were hardly tested.
Its almost like those German units were actually in production, so not prototypes.

In all honesty most of these German heavies were far more common than the Pershing.

Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2012, 10:45:21 pm »

Its almost like those German units were actually in production, so not prototypes.

In all honesty most of these German heavies were far more common than the Pershing.

wasnt there only one pershing that saw combat in the european theatre and has quit the kill record too.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2012, 10:56:39 pm »

wasnt there only one pershing that saw combat in the european theatre and has quit the kill record too.
yes i that it was i think 2 panthers a tiger and some p4s. also it was one of the few tank at the time that had a gyroscope? or so ive been told. Why they no add tortoise  you guise get the maus which is experimental.  you know what its like have at rifles shoot your hc in the ass ... makes me afraid of at rifles more then schreks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc