Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 09:08:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 08, 2024, 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch 0.7.9Y  (Read 37910 times)
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2012, 11:15:55 pm »

I remember when AT rifles were first in EIR:R. They killed like sniper rifles, but it was more fun because the targets burst into body parts Cheesy
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2012, 01:25:02 am »

yes i that it was i think 2 panthers a tiger and some p4s. also it was one of the few tank at the time that had a gyroscope? or so ive been told. Why they no add tortoise  you guise get the maus which is experimental.  you know what its like have at rifles shoot your hc in the ass ... makes me afraid of at rifles more then schreks.

Shermans were all gyro stabilized.

Also, LEARN TO FUCKING WRITE A PARAGRAPH.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2012, 01:49:39 am »

Though I want to ask- Where would allies need heavies anyway? On what particular task would these heavies fill?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2012, 02:30:07 am »

the task of upsetting axis heavy fanbois of course

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2012, 04:29:41 am »

the task of upsetting axis heavy fanbois of course

The 57mm with AP rounds does that already pretty well, not to mention the famous 76mm ATG that comes as a reward unit. I don't see what a heavy could accomplish better than these two.

Plus the heavies would already make even the rest of the axis players to switch over to heavies because its simply not cost effective to take axis mediums. StuG is already the only medium that can hammer allied mediums in a cost effective and decent way while pouncing shots.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2012, 04:40:08 am »

suddenly p4 becomes redundant,lol
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2012, 06:22:46 am »

Though I want to ask- Where would allies need heavies anyway? On what particular task would these heavies fill?
Killing infantry/tanks better while being able to survive many shots. What else?

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2012, 06:42:00 am »

Uh, yeah... what role does a Tiger Ace fill, that makes its inclusion any more necessary than a Super Pershing equivalent?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2012, 06:50:07 am »

Killing infantry/tanks better while being able to survive many shots. What else?

Which pershing already excells at. In all honesty what axis do need is a reliable medium armor. P4 isn't it and StuGs a assault gun rather than medium and panther is considered as heavy.

If anything Allied strategy remains this.

Armor fights against Infantry
Infantry Fights against Armor

It also falls to the fact that Axis have no disable abilities aside from mines. If magnetic at nades became global for PE and Wehrmacht you'd see that I wouldn't mind seeing super heavies from Allies if they are slow as fuck like the axis counterparts.

Plus why would anyone want to use anything other than Bars, M10/M18s, Atgs when these 3 things get everything done. Infantry 3x Bars and morphine shots and smokegrenades, add in couple of zooks for lulz. fuck armor, infantry ftw.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:54:06 am by NightRain » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2012, 07:25:40 am »

wasnt there only one pershing that saw combat in the european theatre and has quit the kill record too.

yes in Köln (Cologne)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vb6vaUGy28

i think there were 12 or something Pershing at all but only that one was in any combat

e.g. jagdtiger was 88 pieces, elephant was 91 pieces, kingtiger 489 pieces, jagdpanther 382 pieces and tiger 1350 pieces

Americans have plenty of more heavies, except all of them were experimentals. I dont see anything wrong with adding in a experimental heavy considering that the jagdtigers and elefants are in all seriousness not very far past prototype status considering how frequently they broke down. Its like they were hardly tested.

i wouldn't mind if all heavies (Pershing, Tiger, TA, KT, Jagd, Ferdinand, Churchill croc etc) became reward units that you can only get by getting a "warmapcard" and are removed from default doctrines

Which pershing already excells at. In all honesty what axis do need is a reliable medium armor.

nope what axis need is some kind of useable multiuse light vehicle like m8 or staghound

get rid of the puma shit and introduce a remade PII or luchs or something for all docs thats similar to m8/stags

and move the shit heavies to reward units
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:54:44 am by BigDick » Logged
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2012, 08:07:17 am »

why not add allies heavies? What abut mirroring factions?
Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2012, 08:09:06 am »

Which pershing already excells at. In all honesty what axis do need is a reliable medium armor. P4 isn't it and StuGs a assault gun rather than medium and panther is considered as heavy.

agreed, but the axis keep getting more heavy stuff rather than a more well rounded base and allies get toy cannons that get out ranged by axis td's.

why not add allies heavies? What abut mirroring factions?

tbh, i wouldn't need heavies if the strong allied medium tanks actually existed. we have slugger, m10 and m18 but no jackson, blackprince, etc.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2012, 08:16:55 am »

Why a superpersh? Same reason there is a Tiger Ace. Cause its fun.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2012, 08:24:40 am »

tbh, i wouldn't need heavies if the strong allied medium tanks actually existed. we have slugger, m10 and m18 but no jackson, blackprince, etc.

The Jackson is just a slugger with an M10 body. It would be weaker with no real benefit.

Everything else, well we just dont have the model for it.

There are only a handful of modders than can make a model for CoH, and they only focus on custom tanks that saw real combat action.

By that criteria, nearly every single allied tank is already in game. Since the Germans had tons of variations, naturally there is more content to make.

Its not that we dont want to add it, there's just no model for lets say the black prince, or the tortoise. Its not like they wern't attempted, they are just hold up in development somewhere.

I really want this for the US.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2012, 08:36:05 am »

okay guys ,so all of you who want more allied tanks...MAKE ONE! then you will see it added to mod Wink
Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2012, 08:42:22 am »

The Jackson is just a slugger with an M10 body. It would be weaker with no real benefit.

Everything else, well we just dont have the model for it.

There are only a handful of modders than can make a model for CoH, and they only focus on custom tanks that saw real combat action.

By that criteria, nearly every single allied tank is already in game. Since the Germans had tons of variations, naturally there is more content to make.

Its not that we dont want to add it, there's just no model for lets say the black prince, or the tortoise. Its not like they wern't attempted, they are just hold up in development somewhere.

I really want this for the US.

but why make so many axis heavies though? i understand u want more variation but it was hard enough facing 3 tigers now i have to contend with aces, and jagdtigers and now an elefant then again im ab so naturally i hate anything above a panther....so many i'm bias Cheesy
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2012, 08:43:56 am »

It wouldnt be an issue if the Heavy Allied ATGs actually were as powerful as they should be.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2012, 08:57:33 am »

again im ab so naturally i hate anything above a panther

smoke,move rr in smoke...profit
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2012, 09:07:32 am »

It wouldnt be an issue if the Heavy Allied ATGs actually were as powerful as they should be.

If 1 atg is ineffective, use 2 atgs. Solid 300 damage for lols.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2012, 09:10:06 am »

I love reading your posts Nightrain. Your delusional world interests me.

You have a billion complex and well thought out reasons for why the P4 is shit, but for ANYTHING allied, we just get this dribble:

If 1 atg is ineffective, use 2 atgs. Solid 300 damage for lols.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:12:33 am by Groundfire » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc