Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:58:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Lightning War LOS Loss  (Read 1890 times)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« on: July 03, 2010, 07:23:39 am »

I have the idea that after i unlocked lightning war all my vehicles lost a lot of their sight while moving.
This is the 2nd time i unlocked lighning war, and the 2nd time i notice this.

my 2 pumas had about the same sight as AB at fireup, i couldnt do anything with them.
(infantry has it too)
Is this a bug? or is this intentional? if the last case is true, why?Huh
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:54:07 am by LeoPhone » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 11:34:58 am »

i guess they kinda get the blitzkrieg modifer?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:41:49 am »

yah, but it is permanent. its more bad than good since you got no clue where the fuck you drive into.
I wonder if the bike/schwim also loses sight.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 02:42:00 pm »

bump
mosqu1to Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 03:05:14 pm »

Bike also gets its sight reduced, but only for first 60s on the field, same for other vehicles - it's just for one minute.
I strongly dislike it too, though.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 03:37:06 pm »

It's basically the Panzer Elite sprint It is supposed to apply to infantry. When I left for the month we were discussing it on vehicles. Having 2 vehicles leapfrog is an easy solution anyway

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 04:45:55 pm »

It's basically the Panzer Elite sprint It is supposed to apply to infantry. When I left for the month we were discussing it on vehicles. Having 2 vehicles leapfrog is an easy solution anyway

It might lead to big LV rush at start, but the speed increase is "only 25%", so the only difference would be that the axis arrives at the battle a bit earlier.

and it also continues over the rest of the battle, which is horrible because i actually try to benefit from this lightning war by sending my units into battle right away. this usually results in massive death coz i have no clue what i am fighting and my units dont shoot back coz they cant see.

if it is really such an issue, it should only affect your 1st 25 pop callin. it should NEVER affect bikes, and i can see some reasoning in giving it to infantry, but the sight they have could be a bit more.
it should also be noted in the unit discription.

Really, a t4 is made to furfill the dream of real blitzkrieg tactics, but next it is made impossible to use this coz some random hidden nerf.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 04:57:28 pm »

Lightning War

The only Tier 4 with a nerf

Sucks

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 05:02:12 pm »

Pervetin Pills -15 HP to use >:O

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
salan2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 10:01:11 pm »

How many KICK ASS t4s have absolutely no negatives, why this has one is odd.   I'll look into the rgds when I get home from work and see how its worked.

it would make sense if things like HE rounds gave - penetration and AP rounds gave - damage, or Omniscience gave a - movement penalty, and etc etc ... but very very few doctrines give their buffs with negative side effects.

lightning war is debuffed from its past incarnation anyways, 75% call in timers instead of instantly, amongst other things.

This is my work posting account, i dont' remember the password to my main account and its automatically logged in at home.. So.. I use this one when at work.
mosqu1to Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 04:58:37 am »

It might lead to big LV rush at start, but the speed increase is "only 25%", so the only difference would be that the axis arrives at the battle a bit earlier.

and it also continues over the rest of the battle, which is horrible because i actually try to benefit from this lightning war by sending my units into battle right away. this usually results in massive death coz i have no clue what i am fighting and my units dont shoot back coz they cant see.

if it is really such an issue, it should only affect your 1st 25 pop callin. it should NEVER affect bikes, and i can see some reasoning in giving it to infantry, but the sight they have could be a bit more.
it should also be noted in the unit discription.

Really, a t4 is made to furfill the dream of real blitzkrieg tactics, but next it is made impossible to use this coz some random hidden nerf.

What he said. No other T4 has such a big disadvantage (apart from bs Pervetin Pills ;o)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 05:05:30 am »

i've seen guys run highly successful lightning war companies and absolutely rape with them, so i dont think they're that bad but if the LOS is permanent throughout the match, then that's just a bug (unless its with all your call in, then you should just keep scouting units on the field anyway)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc