Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:46:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVRETARDED!  (Read 4296 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: June 24, 2011, 12:26:15 am »

Anyone have advice for someone that is AVRETARDED? I've seen these things do damage and be useful, but mine seem to just be suicide ATG killers. They are quite hard for me to maneuver and it leads to me getting shot for no good reason. Are these units worth it? Should I just get a MarkVI?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 12:34:21 am »

You should definitely not get a MarkVI over an AVRE.
Remember if you're aiming at infantry they will likely run away when they see you, so aim behind. Approach atg's from the sides and make sure they're distracted before you get in sight range. Always back up with some AT and maybe a been squad to stop pesky 50mm Puma/Upgun Hotchkiss/ Clown Car rushes.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 01:42:47 am »

I just used them psychologically against players with storms. They hate seeing AVRE'S Cheesy
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 01:44:35 am »

In a pinch you can suicide them into an ATG and get a guaranteed kill(Aim slightly off the ATG or you'll hit the front plate and may not kill the crew entirely)

Infantry blobs are nice targets but the Turret rotation is slow as hell so you'll want to manually face the tank in the direction you want to fire. The visual cue of the AVRE prepping to fire will be substantially less(only the barrel will change elevation) You'll need to predict the players movement path. Newer players won't try and move unless thats all the have to focus on. Better players will try and counter your target area so try and anticipate that. I like to keep my AVRE on a Road when it's not ready to fire so I can move it around with relative ease. Never target a building directly, the splash will kill guys in buildings so your best bet is to Target an area that connects with multiple structures. or target the ground infront of the Door incase the occupants try and flee.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 01:48:41 am »

the splash building critting guys has actually been fixed brn.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 02:09:45 am »

Sorry if I'm off topic, but I fuckin' LOVE the hell out of this thread title.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 02:13:47 am »

the splash building critting guys has actually been fixed brn.

ohh bummer. Well if it hits close it should still kill through sheer damage. 500 damage is alot to unload on infantry.

Hell even on tanks the AVRE does 100 unavoidable damage. It's not as much as a penetrating ATG but it's saved my ass in many situations.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 08:21:49 pm »

I havent used the damn thing in 3 years (vcoh). So...never in EiR. I really, really dont see a use for the goddamn things, they just...its an underwhelming stuH that has a movement and eyesight impaired driver. Plus the 200+ second cooldown (might be wrong, again, never use them).

Someone should start a thread for possible strategies for 'oddball' armored units; the AVREtard', M4 Shit-Shermodile, StuHahahaha, GodthisthingsucksMC, Flemmen HT...the list goes on.  Thread should be for the use of them in a good fight, and actually living through it with decent damage inflicted. Not suicide rushing your M4 croc in to roast 1 pak, only to get eaten by a P4 (lol).

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 08:26:11 pm »

Those fucking things were rape in Vcoh but they can be utterly destructive with the recon section atgun avre mix, you just need to know how to use them and know when to use them for i have gotten 50-60 kills on them if i am figting against storms players for they rely to heavily on Zrecks for support and their tigers have to fire 7-8(+/- the bouncing) shots at the AVRE to kill it making it a good damadge sink.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 09:01:50 pm »

Those fucking things were rape in Vcoh but they can be utterly destructive with the recon section atgun avre mix, you just need to know how to use them and know when to use them for i have gotten 50-60 kills on them if i am figting against storms players for they rely to heavily on Zrecks for support and their tigers have to fire 7-8(+/- the bouncing) shots at the AVRE to kill it making it a good damadge sink.

wut?

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 10:17:23 pm »

lol.....

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 11:09:19 pm »

wut?

+1
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 12:56:03 am »

50-60 Kills is excessive but when I was running an AVRE company my 2 AVRE's(usually only fielded 1 all game) would routinely score 20-30+ infantry kills and anywhere from 1-3 Tanks kills. They used to be fairly easy to vet so stealing a Tank kill from someone was easy and rewarded you good. The old RE Doctrine bonuses for Reduced Cooldown and then Reduced cooldown with veterancy really made AVRE's shine. We'll have to wait and see if that returns.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 05:05:07 am »

50-60 Kills is excessive

Not if you know how to use them.
With the middle tree and if you have a vet3 avre you get a shell every 1 minute so you can just rain the shells ontop of your enemy but they are not so hard to use if you just run with it straight into the blob or atgun or whatever you are going to kill and fire it into them.
allso kills marders and 75mm HT like a bitch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc