Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:28:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So. Is the mod dead (until next summer)?  (Read 7945 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: August 25, 2015, 03:28:43 pm »

As we all know, everyone comes back for a day or two, or more, every summer or thereabouts. It's been looking like a ghost town for the last few days, and Shab stacking with Skaffa and rolc all the time isn't helping the matter. I sat in the launcher for ~2 hours in a 3v3 with Shab, Skaffa, and chuggawhatevahisnameis, the new guy playing Axis. I'm waiting in this game for two hours as the Brits, with rolc, RollingVetster, and Area (I think) all on their allied companies, just sitting there, and nobody joined the game. Heck, Shab and company were playing OMG mod while waiting for the game to fill.

Am I to assume the mod is dead and gone until next summer rolls around?

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 03:40:31 pm »

EIR died when fldash stopped development.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 03:44:12 pm by Masacree » Logged

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 03:43:30 pm »

Attempting to lure suckers players here from the CoH2 forums...
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 03:44:16 pm »

I think scotz might have accidentally broken a few things. I think that is probably more that PPl are tired of ab and doctrines not working properly.

Like all coders in eir they probably just had something come up. Let's just hope he will comeback and not pull a eirmod
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:28:08 am by aeroblade56 » Logged

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 04:58:08 pm »

The cause of the problem is also the system what makes EIR to EIR!
This game does dying since many years because of the ranking and the veterans.
Almost everyone wants to play as WTJ (winner-team-joiner) and not risk anything.
Everyone who does not make this is denounced as a loser.
For this reason, even beginners will be expelled to.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:07:53 pm by Bear » Logged

Brothers stand tall!

Erst die Heimat, dann die Ferne.
Erst die Erde, dann die Sterne.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 08:26:47 pm »

If I had a nickel for every time one of these threads started I could stop working.

EIR died when fldash stopped development.

Fucking bone head - the mod continued for almost 5 years after fldash left.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 12:28:22 am »

dont get me wrong but i am kinda done with the mod coz, new doctorines that r never gonna released ..

there r so many broken shit of which we don't see fix patches,  players r just running out of patience.

Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 12:52:36 am »

It is not as dead as you guys are making it out to be. I mean, we are not getting the 20 people in launcher from July, but, 2v2s are not hard to find, especially if you are just interested in playing and not winning.

AB and certain axis t4's are really killing the moods of some people though, understandably.

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 01:30:04 am »

Eirr aint dead and plz gtfo with threads like dat tbh. Some of us including me be playing OMG cuz its fun time to time try something new and get games vs OMG players just to see who is better. Make no mistake about eirr guys playing OMG they aint left EIRR plus its matter of the time when we going to be banned concidering our strats (spam) we be doing there and my trash talking lol

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 04:31:15 am »

nefring the PE g43 supress and giving the ally sprint and fire up in vet 0 was a bad idea

and ab is definetly causing a big problem coz its freaking op with extra PENETRATION and extra range and airborne infantry seems stronger then other untis as well.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:34:23 am by GORKHALI » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 04:57:37 am »

nefring the PE g43 supress and giving the ally sprint and fire up in vet 0 was a bad idea

and ab is definetly causing a big problem coz its freaking op with extra PENETRATION and extra range and airborne infantry seems stronger then other untis as well.
. They didn't give the allies sprint.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 06:32:02 am »

dont get me wrong but i am kinda done with the mod coz, new doctorines that r never gonna released ..

How wrong you are........

Scotz has been in the hospital, that is why you have seen no activity.

We are planning an announcement very shortly. We intend to wipe all companies, disable doctrines, reevaluate base unit balance, and use that time to code the new doctrines.

I suspect that will be happening next week, but I am waiting word from Scotz as to when he feels up to making it happen.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 07:51:06 am »

We intend to wipe all companies

Time to do some hunting before that happens then..................

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 08:32:01 am »

A company wipe and unit revaluation is good. What needs to be done as well is to prevent stacking. We all know why it causes a lot of grief, nobody wants to lose.

Automatch is needed to be added. Planning, designing and implementing one might be out of this community's reach though.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 08:34:50 am »

We are planning an announcement very shortly. We intend to wipe all companies, disable doctrines, reevaluate base unit balance, and use that time to code the new doctrines.

nice to hear this thing.

I got a question for you tank. What do you mean by desabling doctrines and coding in while they are disabled? Does that means we will not be able get doctrine's units such as rangers, AB, tiger, JP, 88s and lost goes on. Do i get it right it will be pure vanila stuff vs pure vanila stuff game play?
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 08:37:03 am »

What needs to be done as well is to prevent stacking. We all know why it causes a lot of grief, nobody wants to lose.

look who is talking lmao

a poor nordic rabbit who is scared get out of his cave if Mysth or me aint around. Nice try speedy trying to imply u aint a stacker heuheuheu. It;s about a time for you to launcher for a game or two you sonOfAbitch
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 09:01:46 am »

Scotz has been in the hospital, that is why you have seen no activity.

I suspect that will be happening next week, but I am waiting word from Scotz as to when he feels up to making it happen.
sry tank i wasn"t aware that scotz was injured ,...

i am only unhappy with the changes that have taken place before he got injured.,.... I wish him all the best tho and hope u guys make a good change to the mod so we all can once       again enjoy the mod
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 02:42:08 pm »

Fucking bone head - the mod continued for almost 5 years after fldash left.

You weren't even around before EIRR. You don't even understand what it is that died.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 03:00:34 pm »

Oh hey look, another doomsayer post.

'Aint a good summer unless at least one of these pop up.

You weren't even around before EIRR. You don't even understand what it is that died.

I was around before EiRR, and honestly, it wasn't all that. It was just a more brightly coloured version of gimmicks vs gimmicks that we have now. About the only real unique things that went was constant repairs (Which were pretty broken - like everything else around that time) and the ability to get more and more resources for a company over time (Which was actually kinda ok, but not worth sob stories over).

Doom blobs and repair blobs with the occasional doom fort sprinkled in.

Also fuck old EiR for one reason in particular. Subversion. Fuck that all the way to the bottom layer of hell.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 03:04:51 pm »

I mean, this wasn't a doomsday post, I'm not implying that the mod is dead-dead. I just mean, is it worth my time to PLAN on having games when I get home from work, or has the population 'dipped' to the tiny trickle of players that we see in the off-season(s).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc