Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:40:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balance Suggestions  (Read 12133 times)
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« on: October 16, 2011, 10:01:44 am »

Since all of the doctrines are out, it's finally time to notice how every doctrine integrates with one another. Devs can more accurately balance doctrines because there isn't the mystery of how a newly released doctrine will change anything. I have a favor to ask of everyone in the mod...

1) Express your concern about a doctrine issue. What do you feel needs work? Is defensive too weak? Why? Please make it easy for people to read and understand your concern.

2) Offer a suggestion. If you really want something to be removed, I guess you could say that. I would recommend offering a creative solution.

The goal: to try and make every single doctrine just as much fun to play.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:45:09 pm »

Terror: Some of the buffs are too broad or two good; the doctrine in general is indeed the 'God Doctrine' of the Wehrmacht. An example would be the Scoped Stg44s, which are very good and aid great AI to the already unbeatalbe AI terror has in 4man KCH squads. This also combines with the awsome AT power of the KT and the overwhelmingly good inderect fire of mustard gas equipped nebels, which do NOT share a cooldown for both of its barrages--you essentially get two nebels for the price of one. With 'Steady Aim', grens literally become terminators.

Solution: I don't have one at the moment, but in the right hands with the right unit combinations, Terror can become practically unbeatalbe--even in the hands of a complete narb if you have a good T4.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 02:47:24 pm »

KCH are easy to deal with.

The Scoped MP44 needs a 5 or 10mu increase in price. The funny part, they are basically BARs on Grens with no SF.

TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 02:50:17 pm »

4man KCH are easy to deal with? You sir, are full of it.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 02:51:38 pm »

Yes, they are. Dual T3 BAR Rifles END them, without any issues, at all. For less than half the MU cost and half the MP cost.

On the other hand, I just looked at your stats. You sir, are a terrible player.
velocity78 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 03:07:14 pm »

4man KCH are easy to deal with? You sir, are full of it.

They are basically owned by most allied vehicles

3rdCondor- just hand out reward points and ppl will shut up 
tank130-How about people shut up and we hand out reward points... just a thought

Velocity, why you no let us do public lynching? Sad
Smurf has a serious fucking problem..
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 03:46:59 pm »

They are basically owned by most allied vehicles

Pzfaust pretty much nullifies that argument.

They aren't that difficult to deal with but the price decrease they got was pretty extreme compared to other units.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 03:58:27 pm »

Who cares if 4 man KCH cant do much to LVs other than faust them. By the time the LV kills a single man the worlds worlds worth of AT will be there to kill it.

And not to mention kch will pwn tripple bars anyday. Unless the KCH user is a idiot.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 04:02:42 pm »

The Scoped MP44 needs a 5 or 10mu increase in price. The funny part, they are basically BARs on Grens with no SF.

i love how people are crying that grens get BARs WITHOUT supression fire, while riflemen get the LOLINSTA WIN button bar supression on an equally powerfull platform. focoucsed fire on the mp44s are not ridiculous in the same sense we still keep BAR supression around. BARs can trade damage for retard win button, and now gren can trade the supression to kill faster. Finally BARs are not 100% lol wtf win vs Grens

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 04:37:06 pm »

i love how people are crying that grens get BARs WITHOUT supression fire, while riflemen get the LOLINSTA WIN button bar supression on an equally powerfull platform. focoucsed fire on the mp44s are not ridiculous in the same sense we still keep BAR supression around. BARs can trade damage for retard win button, and now gren can trade the supression to kill faster. Finally BARs are not 100% lol wtf win vs Grens

Last time I checked BARs with "LOLINSTA WIN button" is in VCOH as well while scoped MP44's is something added. You can't try comparing two different weapons with 1 always been in the game and 1 which has just been added. If your stupid enough to charge rifles with bar while full well knowing they can suppress you then you deserve to lose them.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 04:44:50 pm »

I never said this, but that's what I wanted them to be.

It's actually just a burst MP44 that is better at med. long range. Its probably quite better than the BAR.

Meh, eventually you just run out of (effective and unique) ideas in this game.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 04:47:21 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 04:45:23 pm »

Last time I checked BARs with "LOLINSTA WIN button" is in VCOH as well while scoped MP44's is something added. You can't try comparing two different weapons with 1 always been in the game and 1 which has just been added. If your stupid enough to charge rifles with bar while full well knowing they can suppress you then you deserve to lose them.

Damn, better get rid of those AB with LMGs, SMG rifles, all reward units and shit then right lol
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 04:48:48 pm »

About this mp44 scoped, what exactly is the proper infantry counter to it. It rapes more than their kars on long range, medium range and short range too ?
So how would one kill these grens with US inf, stay long range and die or rush in and die ? Havent played with it much.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 04:50:09 pm »

Damn, better get rid of those AB with LMGs, SMG rifles, all reward units and shit then right lol

well tbh iv never really agreed with all these new units anyway. Just adds more balance problems to a game which was never really was balanced in VCOH.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 04:56:18 pm »

About this mp44 scoped, what exactly is the proper infantry counter to it. It rapes more than their kars on long range, medium range and short range too ?
So how would one kill these grens with US inf, stay long range and die or rush in and die ? Havent played with it much.

ask same question for BARs.

but BARs have SF fire too, you won't even have the time to ask coz you will be suppressed.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 05:03:21 pm »

ask same question for BARs.

but BARs have SF fire too, you won't even have the time to ask coz you will be suppressed.

Bar is decent medium range and best short range, with short range garands.
Kar still does fine vs it, fight at long range, stand in cover you have a chance to win, its fine.
And you can still win up close with mp44s designed for strictly short range, which have a weakness at long range.

So, tell me, whats the weakness of the MP44 scoped?
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 05:08:23 pm »

Just stand in heavy cover, throw a grenade, pop medkit or support your infantry with mgs and SF BARs go byebye.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 05:12:44 pm »

Or get a vehicle, since you can get like what, 5 P4s in your company. If you are so afraid of BARs, let your vehicle deal with them.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 05:23:16 pm »

Not everyone is a super pro like you skaffa, your so good.

Or get a vehicle, since you can get like what, 5 P4s in your company. If you are so afraid of BARs, let your vehicle deal with them.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 05:25:25 pm »

Some people use proper counters, but I guess you can also just spam mass Assault Nades on volks the entire game.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc