Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:44:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donation Idea  (Read 5757 times)
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« on: February 29, 2012, 02:21:36 pm »

Hi,

I wanted to make a separate thread on this instead of just dragging it out in the "Ventrillo-Teamspeak" thread. In order to increase incentive for donations in the mod, I'm proposing an idea to have donators be awarded with reward points.

Let's theorize some numbers here, but this is absolutely up for open debate.

To prevent John Doe from getting 1,000,000 reward points by donating $0.99, there should probably be a basement limit. This limit should be fair (around $5.00) for maybe 10 or so reward points. Players would only be able to receive 1 set of reward points per month. So you cannot donate twice in March to receive double reward points. I do not personally like the idea of making a bronze, silver, gold donation benefit. I believe that players should receive X amount of reward points regardless of what they actually donate (as long as it's above the limit).

I'm thinking that this policy should last until the warmap comes out and the points can be allocated more appropriately into the game. I do not believe that the frequency of reward units on the battlefield will go up because we've already received 20 reward points here and 30 points there within like a couple of months. This would actually regulate the dispersal of reward points to a fixed month-by-month basis. Also remember that you don't get reward points unless you donate.

Although I've theorized some numbers, I'm not sure that they're accurate. I would like some serious feedback (mainly from developers) on this idea. Maybe it should be tested for a month and then cast aside if it doesn't work. I don't know. If it's very successful, maybe it could adapt into a different form after the warmap is released.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:24:09 pm by 3rdCondor » Logged

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 03:04:00 pm »

Essentially, this allows people to pay to gain an advantage.

Something which I do not like, nor approve of.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 03:54:24 pm »

i agree any paying to get a ahead of anygame is really fucking cruel. Ive already donated over 200$ to this mod in total. im not about to shovel another bunch of money. and what happens is you get the already good people even better toys.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 04:39:06 pm »

Essentially, this allows people to pay to gain an advantage.

Something which I do not like, nor approve of.

I understand the problem. Let's look at the facts: EIR is practically financed by one person, we need more donations, we need more incentive. This idea makes the most sense. Think about this though... EVERY player gets 30 points (3 months supply) for doing nothing. You ONLY get reward points if you donate above the basement limit, and you can only get 10 (or so) per month. Even if every single player donates 5 dollars, they will still get less reward points than are currently being given for no reason whatsoever. This will probably reduce reward units if anything, but it will also provide a benefit to the community. Players can help out the community and get a reward for doing so.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 04:47:27 pm »

To do this properly it would require a system being worked into the launcher, which just wouldn't happen.

remember the money for additions system? if even 3 of the suggestions (which were good) were added in (even partially) we wouldn't be in this situation.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 04:49:13 pm »

I understand the problem. Let's look at the facts: EIR is practically financed by one person,
Not hardly lol. The mod has been donated to by many people. Im sure tank only holds less than 15% of the donations unless hes pumping in more secretly.

The mod has been donated to a ton. Im more than sure the low donations for the last few months have been far offset by the donations given on every substantial update.

I'm also more than sure the only danger in the money factor is for a Warmap server, which can easily be offset by the people donating for the big update, and a call to arms if needed.

Also, some donaters would not be fond of this system and this would cause less donations.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 04:54:02 pm »

Well i say the mods enable other ways to donate, i would love to donate but even after 2 months and even making sure that i can withdraw money on paypal i still cant withdraw anymore than 2 dollars every 5-7 days and well unlike most i am not willing to do that all the time.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 05:00:21 pm »

Thank you for the serious feedback.

I can't see another way to give people incentive to donate. I know that many people really wouldn't want to have the burden of supporting the whole community. I don't see very many people donating, but I often see the same people donating each month. Either way, it's not enough to keep vent up and running.

I would hardly call this pay to win because it restricts the community from being able to receive 50+ reward points within a 30 day interval. 50 would be worth 5 months. I agree that it would be challenging, but something has to be done, and this seems like the best idea to me. If it's a bad idea then that's ok, but I'd really like to hear one that would work.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 05:03:34 pm »

oh never mind, i figured out how Paypal works, Hey leo still want to be payed those 2.5 dollars?
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 05:27:21 pm »

Thank you for the serious feedback.

I can't see another way to give people incentive to donate. I know that many people really wouldn't want to have the burden of supporting the whole community. I don't see very many people donating, but I often see the same people donating each month. Either way, it's not enough to keep vent up and running.

I would hardly call this pay to win because it restricts the community from being able to receive 50+ reward points within a 30 day interval. 50 would be worth 5 months. I agree that it would be challenging, but something has to be done, and this seems like the best idea to me. If it's a bad idea then that's ok, but I'd really like to hear one that would work.

Well its a donation system. I will tell you why i dont donate and why so many other dont donate. Why donate to a mod that is so slow to get things done. think of it this way,i donating to a volunteer community why should i donate to people who volunteer? and do this as a hobby more then anything.

The main reason i do not donate is because way back in the day when a warmap was promised in a certain amount of time, i donated roughly 200$ on varous account, anyway you can imagine how i feel when the only thing has happened is Oh wait nothing stil no warmap.

So again i see your point and trying to give incentive to "Buy" reward points, but is that a donation? thats paying for bonus content. i promise to donate 100$ once i start seeing things shape  up, infact i would be more then happy to help in anyway i can time wise wether it be skulking ventrilo as admin or making tournaments and videos.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 05:43:20 pm »

i donating to a volunteer community why should i donate to people who volunteer? and do this as a hobby more then anything.

The main reason i do not donate is because way back in the day when a warmap was promised in a certain amount of time, i donated roughly 200$ on varous account, anyway you can imagine how i feel when the only thing has happened is Oh wait nothing stil no warmap.

Hmmm donating to volunteers who do this as thier hobby, i think youve answerd your own problem. For its not THIER FAULT you gave them money, its YOUR FAULT for giving it to them and expecting them to work because of it.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 06:05:20 pm »

Its not entirely volunteer, maybe for leophone and the like it is, but Eirrmod has been paid even if it has only been 1 computer he is no longer a volunteer.

that put aside the service is being already provided, if i had the money i would actively donate, so just try to remember that there has already been alot of work done for this mod.

What people fail to realize is that there is a reason many of us have put more time into this mod then many many other games out there. I would honestly say for those who have the means just donate 50$ we have already achieved the enjoyment of a fully fledged game and more, why not put money down for what we have already experienced and hope that inspires eirr mod to come back and work hard for us.

Once more, if my money wasn't so tight at the moment i would be the first to do so.

(if you have played 50 games i guarentee you thats more then you put into cod)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:08:06 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 06:08:57 pm »

The intent of the donations option is not for rewarding the Dev team or Dev members for their hard work.

This is a free game ( a great one IMO ) that has expenses to keep it up and running. The mod can not continue unless people donate to help cover the expenses. With out donations, there is no mod or forums.

If you like the mod, use the mod, and want to see it continue, then please make a donation if you can. That is all the donations option is for.

If you donated money expecting an increase in production, then you have donated with false expectations. No where on these forums has a Dev member formally posted that production would be increased if donations were made. There have been a few joking around threads, but never a serious post.

Rewarding donations with reward points could be considered a pay to play content. I think we could be messing in some grey area with Relic on that.
I also feel it puts an unfair advantage in the hands of people with money. That is not the direction we want to take this mod.

3rdCondor, your motives are great and we really appreciate you helping to get the donations going. I don't think your proposal is going to be the best option overall.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 06:10:25 pm »

Thanks

Just trying to help. I didn't see where else to go.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 06:16:01 pm »

Its not entirely volunteer, maybe for leophone and the like it is, but Eirrmod has been paid even if it has only been 1 computer he is no longer a volunteer.

As the dude that bought him the computer, I feel I am the only one that can say whether it was payment or not. I can absolutely state with 100% conviction that it was not payment.

The god honest truth is it started as a bribe. In fact, I never expected him to achieve the goal or even take me up on the offer.

However, after speaking with him on the telephone and getting to know him personally, it became a gift. A gift of thanks for bringing me and others countless hours of entertainment. EiRR mod has never asked anyone for anything in return for what he has brought to us. He is one of the most selfless people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

That is why he got a free computer.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 06:25:55 pm »

As the dude that bought him the computer, I feel I am the only one that can say whether it was payment or not. I can absolutely state with 100% conviction that it was not payment.

The god honest truth is it started as a bribe. In fact, I never expected him to achieve the goal or even take me up on the offer.

However, after speaking with him on the telephone and getting to know him personally, it became a gift. A gift of thanks for bringing me and others countless hours of entertainment. EiRR mod has never asked anyone for anything in return for what he has brought to us. He is one of the most selfless people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

i specifically remember a thread popping up during Christmas time saying something about the computer if he could get it done by December. it was posted by pudding i think. How well can you know someone over the phone?m thats like saying i added tank on facebook *reads personal info* i know 100% i can trust you with my credit card.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 06:28:41 pm »

How well can you know someone over the phone?m thats like saying i added tank on facebook *reads personal info* i know 100% i can trust you with my credit card.

We had phone sex. What more did I need to know.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 06:35:27 pm »

We had phone sex. What more did I need to know.
my biggest question would have been do you have a criminal record. 2 how does your wife/current Girlfriend feel about us. 3 is this long term of short term.4 if i gift you a computer you promise to gift me a flight to visit you.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 06:42:49 pm »

Sorry tank that really is alot of bull.

More then a few politicians said those exact same words about funds recieved from mafia. I really don't care that hes been paid, i feel hes deserved payment for what hes done.
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 07:34:50 pm »

Because EiRRMod is a politician and Tank130 is a Mafia Don, right?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc