Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:15:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 29, 2024, 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hope for the EIRR gameplay (NEW MOD)  (Read 14939 times)
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2014, 07:06:52 am »

how long do we have to wait .... can't wait any longer  Wink

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2014, 08:46:14 am »

ok some news,

1. i am going to ship the full product-> there wont be an extensive development after the release
2. i made big progress for the databank entries of the doctrines ~ 600 lines are so far written.

When do you plan to start the testing and Balancing phase?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 07:17:01 pm »

When do you plan to start the testing and Balancing phase?

i think he said there wasn't going to be exstensive development.

sounds like if he does balance it it would be very little.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2014, 04:07:11 am »

@Gork: dont worry you are on the list of beta testers.

@Tank: Actually i wanted to discuss this with you, but you werent reachable. The end of january is defnitly the launch, the technical testing is hopefully before the 8. then i am off for a week and come back to discuss impressions with the betatesters. Then last adjustments will be made. I want shit to get done and deliver fast a good quality for the players

@Aero: Stay out of this topic.

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2014, 09:31:56 am »

@Aero: Stay out of this topic.

Another remark like this ick and you will be finding another forum to advertise your wears. We do not tolerate this kind of behavior anymore.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2014, 01:20:12 pm »

I'll help beta test too.
you are also welcome, i will pm you guys as soon as things are ready.
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2014, 06:15:37 pm »

The title of the thread is " Hope for EIRR gameplay "

"Description:
1. Individual Company Progress
Your company gains Experience. New Units, Upgrades, Offmaps can be unlocked.

2. Resource System
You capture Special locations on the battlefield.
Those spawn Trucks, which transport the resources to your spawn. Then you receive the resources.

You need Fuel to run your Tanks. They stop down if you have no fuel.
You need Munition to call Offmaps.

3. Units
You have few standard Units, with which you start. Each doctrine has 5 Unique special units to unlock, which you can get.

4. Tanks
- Tanks are beasts! But they consum fuel therefore you are forced to be aggressive and capture new fuel. They are freaking expensive
- Each Tank has an Armor and Penetration Level. All Tanks have a range of 60 and decrease their accuracy and penetration dependent on the distance of the target. Armor = Penetration means on short range the armor gets penetrated.
- Regular Tanks die after 1 penetration. Heavy Tanks (Pershing, Tiger) explode after the 2 Penetration. With doctrine Upgrades they might take a 3rd shot.
- Tanks have a reduced Sight

5. Elite vs Mass
There is only 1 Resource if you build your company: Manpower. ALL Units Upgrades cost Manpower.
So you either have a giant Infantry Mass or a small Core Elite!
Example: you can spend ALL Manpower to build a Pershing Ace or you spam unupgraded Grenadiers.

6. Doctrine Design
No Allrounders, some doctrines have options to repair other to heal another one has artellerie. So mixed Companies creat Synergies!"

Is it just me, or this has barely anything to do with Eir?
Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2014, 06:44:03 pm »

Maybe, maybe not, but it sure sounds interesting! I'd like to help with betatesting aswell if I happen to be available when it starts.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2014, 07:58:22 pm »

I have spoken with Ick in detail about his mod and can confirm it has very little in common with EiR. I believe perhaps icks English is to blame for his misleading thread title.

I think he was thinking more about the community rather than the mod. Either way, I hardly think it needs debating  Wink
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2014, 09:20:25 pm »

Well

what i am making currently, has a lot to do with the EIRR i once joined.

Build a unique company, enter the field, teamplay, timing, tactics and see your company grow!

trust me - you will love it
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2014, 10:10:46 pm »

trust me - you will love it

Famous last words.

Im not convinced about the resource system.
The highlight of EIR for me was not having to worry about capping resource points on map to utilize certain units, but instead having greater freedom unit composition from the get go.

This system icks proposed is going to require new maps or old ones to be edited to allow balance for both sides of the coin.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2014, 10:27:32 pm »

you use Munition for offmaps, fuel to keep your tanks going - so you cant camp arround.

You build your company with manpower.

Sound pretty good to me.

And btw: in EIRR & OMG you always had to cap territory to get the units on the field. Thats different here: you get all your units. You can extend the duration tanks are in usage or call an offmap.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2014, 12:41:39 am »

you use Munition for offmaps, fuel to keep your tanks going - so you cant camp arround.

You build your company with manpower.

Sound pretty good to me.

And btw: in EIRR & OMG you always had to cap territory to get the units on the field. Thats different here: you get all your units. You can extend the duration tanks are in usage or call an offmap.
both required territory for pop cap nothing more.

This system will still make things campy. people will camp fuel points to keep tanks going or camp munitions to spam off maps.

Thats why eir worked in that sense everything was finite.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2014, 04:04:33 am »

both required territory for pop cap nothing more.

This system will still make things campy. people will camp fuel points to keep tanks going or camp munitions to spam off maps.

Thats why eir worked in that sense everything was finite.

Ok you camp at the Munitionfactory/Fueldepot.

Trucks spawn to transport resources. So what does the enemy do?

He flanks arround and raids the trucks. Your camping was totally useless.

OR you use artellery to scratrch them out of your position. OR he uses infiltrators to in your position. OR a heavy tank is used as a linebreaker.

There are several solutions for a problem

So the game is far less campy then EIRR.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:06:05 am by ick312 » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2014, 04:21:58 am »

Ok you camp at the Munitionfactory/Fueldepot.

Trucks spawn to transport resources. So what does the enemy do?

He flanks arround and raids the trucks. Your camping was totally useless.

OR you use artellery to scratrch them out of your position. OR he uses infiltrators to in your position. OR a heavy tank is used as a linebreaker.

There are several solutions for a problem

So the game is far less campy then EIRR.

You might be missing the point ick.

The entire point of camping is to hulldown and defend against linebreakers.(unless they are so op that they can literally break a line of atgs and such)

Im not exactly how this supply thing works but i can't imagine someone going and harrasing a bunch of trucks.

Wouldn't the person with fuel have a severe advantage since he can harass with LVS cosntantly without having to worry about losing fuel.

GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2014, 05:16:55 am »

i think we all can be patience and wait for the final product and then say wat u think of coz as u can see EIR is dead so this seems to be a complete new redesign so give it a chance to hit the foor .

i think it is not comparing wat ick trying to bring out with EIR, i do like the new idea coz if u miss eir go play omg mod as find them more social and i feel like i am playing with person not like eir mod were nearly none communicate jut type..type..and type... and they r more friendly...

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:32:54 am by GORKHALI » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2014, 07:25:48 am »

i think we all can be patience and wait for the final product and then say wat u think of coz as u can see EIR is dead so this seems to be a complete new redesign so give it a chance to hit the foor .

i think it is not comparing wat ick trying to bring out with EIR, i do like the new idea coz if u miss eir go play omg mod as find them more social and i feel like i am playing with person not like eir mod were nearly none communicate jut type..type..and type... and they r more friendly...

Read the title of the thread, then proceed to understand our criticism.

If ick had of annoinced this mod as something revolutionary then he wouldn't see any comparisons drawn, but instead he's annoinced icks eir version.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2014, 08:42:38 am »

If ick had of annoinced this mod as something revolutionary then he wouldn't see any comparisons drawn, but instead he's annoinced icks eir version.
i am not blind, if u guys want to keep the eir the way it was why it is dead then can u explain it to me ,..i know the reason ...anyway Ick is trying to bring some new things to spice things up, the old horse is dead so we don't need to revive it again coz the last patch brought none back so if ick bring back the old eir i don't think anyone would be intreasted.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 08:46:01 am by GORKHALI » Logged
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2014, 09:47:19 am »

its all cool.

You know there was an EIRR before things got a mess. And in the title is not stated "Hope for EIRR", this would mean its another EIRR, its called: "Hope for EIRR gameplay"  the gameplay is that u build your company before the battle and it was once centered arround  tactics & teamplay. Naja dont worry. You can stay with EIRR for the rest.

I am getting my own server these days. Then i am going to set up my own forums to keep you guys informed.

Dont worry honest guys, YOU, the ones who this mod is made for, will also be informed via Steam. And many things have to regarded how they play out.

I will publish soon a list testers, if you then want on this list, then just pm me or get on TS as soon as i have it ready.

So this is one of my last posts.

You can keep hating here. But well i dont care anymore since last night.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2014, 03:15:36 pm »

Did you read the original post?
It looks pretty clear to me he announced making a new mod that is like EiR. If it was the same as EiR it would not be a new mod. From his later descriptions is seems pretty clear to me it is like EiR in that there is no base building and you carry your units on.

Other than no base building and persistence, what actually makes EiR unique? A few custom units, a broken Warmap, and useless war cards? I guess Ick could throw those in, but there is already a broken mod with that in it  Wink

This argument you are trying to make corps is pointless and serves no purpose other than to provoke. If Ick is getting his own server and forums, than he can do whatever he wants with his mod. Play it and then make a decision on whether it works or not.

I can tell you right now one of the biggest failures of EiRR was listening to the community moan before anything was achieved. Good ideas where scrapped due to theory crafting by a vocal minority. The best thing Eir could have done was just build the mod and release it. Only make changes as needed after serious game play time and ignore the usual suspects that do nothing but whine.

In fact, I even saw our Dev team make changes based on input from people who don't even play the mod - just fucking retarded in my opinion......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc