Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:36:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Unit Ideas  (Read 19610 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 10:46:07 pm »

PE has one mainline? what about assault engineers and tank busters. You also forget panzer pios as a factional unit.

Here' a true run down of the infantry

US - Engineers, Rifles; Doctrinal - AB, Rangers, AE's,
CW - Sappers, Tommy's, Recons; Doctrinal - Commando's
WM - Pios, Volks, Grens, KCH; Doctrinal - Storm Troopers, Oak Leafs,
PE - Pz Grens, Assault Grens, Tank Busters; Doctrinal - Panzer Pio's, Luft, FJ's, Flammen's

dont know what this thread's about but i like to prove that ampm is axis bias Cheesy

panzergrens have no more variety than american infantry. i'd say the engineer isnt even present in basic PE, making them slightly more interesting. If you overlook the novelty of panzergrens and tank busters (extremely similiar) and their defining weapon, it really isn't a very exciting difference.

its easy to forge the difference in weapon tyme, pop effiency and defensive fortification building ability of engineers

as for doctrines americans get a infantry officer while PE gets no such infantry-based "officer" unit.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 11:09:54 pm »

PE has one mainline? what about assault engineers and tank busters. You also forget panzer pios as a factional unit.

Here' a true run down of the infantry

US - Engineers, Rifles; Doctrinal - AB, Rangers, AE's,
CW - Sappers, Tommy's, Recons; Doctrinal - Commando's
WM - Pios, Volks, Grens, KCH; Doctrinal - Storm Troopers, Oak Leafs,
PE - Pz Grens, Assault Grens, Tank Busters; Doctrinal - Panzer Pio's, Luft, FJ's, Flammen's

dont know what this thread's about but i like to prove that ampm is axis bias Cheesy

Tym....saying PE gets different units is silly.

Thats like saying Allies get BAR Rifles, Sticky Rifles, etc.

I mean shit, the Wehr get like, 36 different P4's then, because of all the combinations of upgrades right?

I'm totally Axis bias, that's why I mainly play CW and Ami's.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:16:01 pm by AmPM » Logged

DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 12:07:31 am »

AmPm you will always be Deutschland baby.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 06:16:05 am »

give riflemen m1 carbines, grease guns, bazookas, at rifles, trench guns and browning lmg at a reasonable price so everyone can be happy.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 06:18:27 am »

^This.

Can we clean the sand out of our vag's and discuss the actual topic of the units themselves, barring the fact that theres only a tiny chance theyd ever grace EiRR?

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 07:02:47 am »

lol thread

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 07:03:43 am »

Im more interested in a grenadier-like riflesquad with you know, high health per man but no super abilties.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 07:06:45 am »

Called Marines Smokaz Wink
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 07:12:30 am »

Called Marines Smokaz Wink

they got tommy stats. for now.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 07:29:43 am »

I'm totally Axis bias, that's why I mainly play CW and Ami's.
Yeah, 1 game of CW per month, and 1 game of Americans per month.  Grin

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 09:57:46 am »

Marines are not realistic, rename them to mountain infantry or something.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 10:16:28 am »

More units cause more balance issues, possibly ones you have not foreseen.

Cloaking allied units that are super cheap + howi/offmaps etc in one doc. Or using them as cheap Stormie defensive lines.

Maybe you should learn to use the units in the game instead of trying to get units to cover your own gameplay and company building issues?

Excuse me for attempting to add some much-needed variety to this mod. If I was truly suggesting these units as a cover for my own failings in-game, they wouldn't be so average. I suggested the units because they sounded cool to me, and I thought they would be fun to use in the game. You should look up that word, since from my previous experience you have no idea of the concept.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2011, 10:37:46 am »

Yeah, 1 game of CW per month, and 1 game of Americans per month.  Grin

Still more than I play on my Axis =)

The new units you propose Verm aren't adding anything. They simply take away from the uniqueness of other factions.

Which is why it's getting boring. All my companies look the same, other than a couple instances of a doctrinal unit being used. The fun part of the game, coming up with ways to use your strengths and minimize your weaknesses, is slowly being removed by the addition of new units and generalist doctrines. I no longer have to talk to my teammate about what he has, what I have, and what we should bring out, whether to cover each others weaknesses or to exploit our strengths.

It was much more fun when I knew my Blitz company would destroy the enemy armor, but I had to rely on a teammate to counter the Tank Reaper player and his ATGs messing my STuGs up. No with any faction and doctrine I can simply off map them to hell.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2011, 10:41:20 am »

Perhaps if you don't like the direction the game is going in, then, you should leave. It would clear up all the suggestion posts of your worthless speech in any case.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2011, 10:43:22 am »

Maybe you should have a basic understanding of the game and how to play it before suggesting new units?

We don't always get what we want.

If you want to suggest new units at least make sure they have a place in the game where they aren't just a copy of something else.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2011, 10:51:11 am »

How exactly are my units a copy of something else? I'm of the opinion that new units have the potential of perhaps breathing new life into the game, and maybe alleviating the boredom of company composition that you complained of.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011, 10:56:28 am »

Dont argue with him VH, he's being an ass for the sake of being an ass.

PM me to keep working on the unit ideas, eh?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 10:56:50 am »

The boredom with company composition and the game in general is BECAUSE they keep adding units to fill weaknesses in factions/doctrines. It takes the fun out of the game on both sides. My companies all look and feel the same because each side has extremely generalist doctrines. There is no specialization. This is further compounded by units constantly being added to make up for the weaknesses of a faction.

TBH, I think they should just remove most of the new units anyway.

Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 11:00:45 am »

Fail thread, get a sense of the game mechanics before you start suggesting completely new units. Also get a sense of how long it takes to create units, then balance them.

Suggesting is fine, but demanding and crying like a little girl when people point out that you wasted time creating your fantasy units is just dumb.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2011, 11:02:03 am »

^I "wasted" my time doing the same thing, now at least poeple are saying the units are decently balanced and pluasible as reward card units.

He just needs to learn the basics of CoH data and what all the numbers mean, no need to crawl up his ass in a suggestion thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc