Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:51:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PE) ATHT 50mm and the incoming change. How to use it.  (Read 6974 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« on: July 26, 2009, 02:31:50 pm »

Alright, so what we have no is a new unit that mimics the worst qualities of the ATG and the Halftrack but gives benefits of both as well. How do these qualities balance out and how should it be used.

Good
-able to move around the map fast
-hard to flank due to rotation
-PAK gun

Bad
-Lockdown to fire means atg and at infantry bait
-penetrated by small arms
-not recrewable
-only 1 repair
-2 shotted by any other atg
-cannot hit and run along with rest of army

So that's the basics of what is good and bad about it, the key being how do we minimize the bad and accentuate the good by use of tactics. From looking at it, I'm thinking it might be useful as a second line AT unit to sit behind the Marder and prevent circle strafing. The only problem being that the ATHT 37mm with Treadbreaker and focus fire does that much better and can kill infantry too.

It may also prove useful vs things like HT spam....it might kill 1 before it dies to the HTs payload or the quads guns...

Actually, given more thought, it might need to have its armor type changed to the standard Wehr HT armor, the same as was done with the IHT.

*Someone please move topic to strategy discussion*

LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 02:33:44 pm »

Mhm good question, it kinda reminds me of a bofors/17pder emplacement, so thats how id use it.

So get it up as a defensive thing, vehicle detterent, as soon as theres incomming fire, pack up, relocate.

ive never had a bofors survive past vet0 btw  Grin
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:58:06 pm by LuAn » Logged

aka UckY  Wink
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 02:47:30 pm »

Salan already locked a thread of smiler topic.

We will allow this to stay up if the arguments stay as well worded and respectful as the OP.  Usually we lock down re-posts of closed topics, but this one is fine as long as it stays on topic in the spirit of the first post.

Keep it clean.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 03:05:28 pm »

Actually, given more thought, it might need to have its armor type changed to the standard Wehr HT armor, the same as was done with the IHT.

From what I've seen, it has the same armor as the regular atht, which is the wehr ht. It's pretty survivable, takes about two hits from an at gun, which means you can't pak snipe with it. Basically use it behind other at weaponry to give pe an anti circle strafing unit. I think one of these, coupled with a marder can be real deadly with its higher turning speed, you try and flank around the marder and this thing gets you first.

Also because of lower health it will repair faster so it can get back in fight when damaged and with it being faster than the marrder, ven though you gotta lock down to fire, you can run it to a battle where at is needed much faster than the marder if you need anti tank.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 03:06:36 pm »

Tis being tweaked Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 03:09:39 pm »

Tym...

A) ATHT still uses vCoH armor for itself, it dies to small arms.

B) The Marder is one of the fastest vehicles in the game.

I think it does have potential as an anti-circling unit as long as the enemy don't look at it directly. The problem just comes from the having to lock down to fire, and not gaining a bonus for it.

The Marder has to lock down to get its bonuses, but can move, stop, fire, move as needed.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 03:49:31 pm »

A) I never got close enough to find that out, I don't tend to play noobs so everyone i've played that used it kept it away from getting hit, I've only killed 'em with at guns so i didn't know.

B) I didn't say the marder wasn't fast, i said that it's faster than the marder,

Also because of lower health it will repair faster so it can get back in fight when damaged and with it being faster than the marrder, ven though you gotta lock down to fire, you can run it to a battle where at is needed much faster than the marder if you need anti tank.

i'm correct in that right?

it's a bit faster than the marder, has nearly twice the acceleration and has twice the rotation speed.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 03:51:24 pm by Tymathee » Logged
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 03:54:09 pm »

it's basically a pak on wheels, no big deal.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 03:58:25 pm »

Paks dont kite.... wait  Roll Eyes

good that it's getting the lock down. Marders cant pursue and fire at the same time.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 04:02:35 pm »

Move, press H , move, press H move, press H, watch the sherman blow up.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 05:19:18 pm »

I don't know why anybody did feel the need of another antitank gun on wheels, there was the marder already.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 06:49:32 pm »

The problem just comes from the having to lock down to fire, and not gaining a bonus for it.
This is one part of the change.
It wont be locking down.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 06:52:58 pm »

I think that is great news. I really thought that was one of the real strengths of ATHT and really PE in general was the mobility.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 07:06:56 pm »

Im really curios how this turns out, i think its going to bring some whole new tactics to the game, or atleast eliminate a few current ones.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 07:10:19 pm »

The problem just comes from the having to lock down to fire, and not gaining a bonus for it.
This is one part of the change.
It wont be locking down.

How about just tuning down the range to maybe 45 or 50? It is an at gun on a light platform, the 37mm already don't shoot that far, a 50mm on the same chassis shouldn't be able to shoot farther without losing speed and/or range.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 07:13:24 pm »

How about just tuning down the range to maybe 45 or 50? It is an at gun on a light platform, the 37mm already don't shoot that far, a 50mm on the same chassis shouldn't be able to shoot farther without losing speed and/or range.

Hu?

Well if the range remains the same this thing will snipe my ff's Sad

Is the marder able to hit and run?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 07:54:43 pm »

Yes a Marder can hit and run.

It needs to keep a longer range, it need to remain somewhat mobile. I'm just wondering where in the lineup it will fit between the light atht and the marder.

I am looking forward to seeing the rebuild of the 50mm ATHT. Its a vehicle type that was incredibly common and from a historic standpoint I love seeing the field modification vehicles in the Axis arsenal.

I'm looking forward to trying it out though, should make a nice vehicle to backup FJ units and for the SE so they can afford some ISTs.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 08:10:26 pm »

Oke yes indeed, the marder has a very high acceleration, higher than any other tank.

The thing im worried about is the ATHT high rotation speed, whereas the Marder has a rather low rotation speed and his cone of fire can somewhat be avoided(same applies to all atguns, their cone of fire can be avoided, outmanouvered) the atht lacks this disadvantage and behaves/could behave like a bofors e.g. (once you are within its range you cant escape its firing arc)

But we'll see  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc