Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:49:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Map Department - Production  (Read 15001 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: January 11, 2013, 10:44:49 am »

To our mappers:

As a member of the Dev team, I can honestly say that we have made many attempts to please our community to the best of our ability. On many occasion we have tried to explain that insulting us does not motivate us to work harder.

I personally took on the map department lately for one reason. After creating a map, I realized just how much work goes into it and how much pride you feel when it gets played.

I quickly realized that this department was badly neglected and needed help. I have attempted to clean it up and get it working.

I have been insulted pretty much every step of the way. Some of it very personal attacks. Everyone has their breaking point and I have reached mine.

You can thank this community member for pushing me to that point.

I should mention that I find it mildly amusing that tank's intention behind becoming map lead is so obviously an attempt to skew the community's perceptions towards his maps.

Due to this kind of posts, I have decided to no longer be involved in the map department. As such, I will not be uploading maps.

We have 3 people capable of loading maps. Two of those people are inactive. The 3rd is tired of being treated like a piece of shit.

Sorry for the disappointment. It is unfortunate that the behavior of some can ruin it for so many others. If you have any concerns or negative comments, please feel free to PM to the community member above.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:54:03 am »

Wow ure easy to piss off, one comment from Massacre and one from Shab and u throw the towel.
I prescribe some hot CACAO.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 10:54:43 am »

/slowclap eirr community.... people are just ungratefull trolls tbh. Maps are hard to make, all should be appriciated, but in all honestly, this was to be expected

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:02:14 am »

but in all honestly, this was to be expected

It is very expected. And one must ask themselves..... why is there no production in Eir anymore. Why has the Dev team pretty much stopped?

You have to look no farther then the types of posts made by Massacre and others like him. It's that simple gents. There comes a point after several years where the insults just don't bounce off anymore. The thick skin finally wears off.......
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:06:13 am »

To our mappers:

As a member of the Dev team, I can honestly say that we have made many attempts to please our community to the best of our ability. On many occasion we have tried to explain that insulting us does not motivate us to work harder.

I personally took on the map department lately for one reason. After creating a map, I realized just how much work goes into it and how much pride you feel when it gets played.

I quickly realized that this department was badly neglected and needed help. I have attempted to clean it up and get it working.

I have been insulted pretty much every step of the way. Some of it very personal attacks. Everyone has their breaking point and I have reached mine.

You can thank this community member for pushing me to that point.

Due to these* kind of posts, I have decided to no longer be involved in the map department. As such, I will not be uploading maps.

We have 3 people capable of loading maps. Two of those people are inactive. The 3rd is tired of being treated like a piece of shit.

Sorry for the disappointment. It is unfortunate that the behavior of some can ruin it for so many others. If you have any concerns or negative comments, please feel free to PM to the community member above.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 11:07:16 am »

But then again theres so much trolling because of no progress and false promises ( donations for warmap cards anyone?). So well if one side delivered perhaps the other would calm down. And i dont think it will work the other way round.
Also perhaps the dev team shouldve proably said a word or two instead of just vanishing silently.

"d"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:13:33 am by chefarzt » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 11:12:28 am »

But then again theres so much trolling because of no progress and false promises ( donations for warmap cards anyone?). So well if one side delivered perhaps the other would calm down. And i dont think it will work the other way round.

"d"

Well that's odd..... the mod has been here for years, with massive changes, massive production.... yet all the insults and shit posts have always been here.......

So if the shit posts were made when production was high, and now production is at it's lowest......

Do you honestly think shit posts like the one deadbolt just made and the ones Massacre just made would mysteriously stop because a patch came out? I think that is pretty naive thinking, don't you?
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 11:18:37 am »

Man seriously, there will always be smacktalk because, you know, its the internet. But on the other hand there was a lot of guys contributing to your map preview offensive (even if it was mostly like "Dat tree could block my tank, remove pls). So basicly ure just pissing on the people that acted nicely.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 11:26:56 am »

Do you honestly think shit posts like the one deadbolt just made

chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 11:28:52 am »

Do you honestly think shit posts like the one deadbolt just made and the ones Massacre just made would mysteriously stop because a patch came out? I think that is pretty naive thinking, don't you?

How bout u give it a try?
Srsly a sign of good will should definatly come from the dev side.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:31:04 am by chefarzt » Logged
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 11:43:37 am »

Sad that this went this way. It was pretty cool that someone stand up and started to try this job but this a community where stupid and brainless posts
get more credit then the actual work. In my opinion you did a good job as a map lead and could made some good changes to the map pool.

The most trolls are brainless people who are not able to use their time probably and trying to cause some collectral damage. Why don't you ban
all these people and start to ignore them to get the stuff going. The most of them aren't playing anymore so it will not result in a dramatic chance.
Some of them are even distracting the new guys which means that there is a virtual community shrink over time.

9th Armoured Engineers
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 11:48:13 am »

Yeah banning and stalinesque censorship paired with some random outbursts of rage against the "stupid" community truly helps, we all saw how good it worked.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:49:58 am by chefarzt » Logged
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 11:51:53 am »

banning trolls = eir extinction
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 11:52:44 am »

It doesnt really matter, keeps gunna keeps, trolls gunna trolls, its what we all expect from these forums. it hasent ever changed, and it never will. But i they all secretly respect the dev team and the work they do, by you know...still playing the mod. They just show thier affection differantly.

They bitch at new content BECUASE THERES NEW CONTENT, its thier own way of saying thank you.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 11:54:32 am »

just shut down the eir forum for a while, that might help ,and fuck u all the trolls ,

let me tell u tank u did a awesome job, after taking over the maplead, i hope u come back and take it over again ,just ban the guys who derail or post nonsense or unrelated pics ,that might help a bit .....  Cry

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:31:42 pm by GORKHALI » Logged

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 11:58:30 am »

no why would people do something they are not interested in themself ?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 12:11:47 pm »

u still on medication?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 12:24:09 pm »

How bout u give it a try?
Srsly a sign of good will should definatly come from the dev side.

Great idea.

As a member of the Dev team, let me get that ball rolling.

Step one: Support the community by uploading maps they have been asking for the last year.
Step two: Clean up the forum of dead material that does not work
Step Three: Provide the community with as much information and assitance as possible to help with their quest for maps (spend hours on Tutorials)
Step 3: Spend hours starting threads and posting pics of dormant maps to help find a solution.

Right..... About 10 hours of good will produced by the dev team

Result:

I should mention that I find it mildly amusing that tank's intention behind becoming map lead is so obviously an attempt to skew the community's perceptions towards his maps.

How about this:

Patch 0.8.A-4 gets released. Patch thread posted in News forum:

Resulting posts:
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=23813.msg423597#msg423597

0.7.9.Z.2 gets released. Patch thread posted in News forum:
Resulting posts
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=24700.msg436924#msg436924

I could do this all day long. Every time the team puts something out, we get people insulting and complaining about it. And often when we release things we get comments like, 'about fucking time'.

Bah..... Some people in this community are just ungrateful fucks who ruin it for the rest. Now you just got one more dev who is not going to be participating.

Many people claim that with the community there would be no mod. So, community..... good luck with your mod.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 12:35:10 pm »

uh oh
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 12:39:48 pm »

I don't think it's fair to blame the whole community for Massacree's/Shab's posts.

A lot of members in the community were behind the new surge in attention the map department was getting and participating in your initiatives (like map review threads, feedback, discussion etc.).

I also think a number of the community even made appreciation threads etc.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc