Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:11:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A V R E & Brummbär  (Read 26024 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2014, 02:31:47 pm »

From what I can tell, the way that Wind worded his sentence made it sound like the act was dangerous to the user, which is where I assume Tank's confusion has come from.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2014, 03:29:10 pm »

100% accuraty arty with insta-kill possiblities? Is it dangerous or not?

Yeah basically this, Gray summed it up well.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2014, 04:37:04 pm »

Well obviously it's dangerous to the units in the building......lol

Wind said it was a nifty little trick though really dangerous. I assumed he was not stating the obvious danger to the units in the building, so my question was why is it dangerous to the user?

Anyway, it appears that is was just a simple case of mis-wording. I don't think its anything anyone should get worked up about.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2014, 04:51:17 pm »

AVREs are not invincible.
At 410mp and 300fu they are a sizeable investment in the current meta.
They are large sluggish tanks, and extremly vulnerable if not near a road.

And as greywolf has shown me, 50mm pumas tend to chew them up fast.

As for the Petard round demolishing inf in buildings, why is this even a problem ?
Has it not been the units primary purpose to eliminate entrenched inf / support weapons ?

I still think that -5 range should be the first step a dressing the units inbalance.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2014, 07:27:02 pm »

I dont think it fits so well that it instantly clears the big church on neuville.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2014, 07:32:05 pm »

I dont think it fits so well that it instantly clears the big church on neuville.
Again is this a realism argument ?
The unit has positive damage modifiers vs Garrison cover.

Question I have actually, has anyone used the new AVRE vs an 88 ?
Does it decrew similar to a pak ?

I realise this would have had been prior to wipe.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2014, 12:37:19 am »

So most of the players agree on range/cooldown nerf? I would prefer to nerf cooldown by 45 seconds first.

jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2014, 12:46:03 am »

This.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2014, 12:59:49 am »

Again is this a realism argument ?

Some buildings are big and some are bigger. Some have windows in better places, some have more HP. It's not realism argument. It's just... Not cool.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2014, 01:03:40 am »

So most of the players agree on range/cooldown nerf? I would prefer to nerf cooldown by 45 seconds first.
You would like to see it go back to having a 90 second cool down ? so its effectivly dead weight for 1 and a half minutes ? while still being 9 pop and only having what 35-40 range ?

Guess itll be another unused unit yet again.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2014, 01:07:06 am »

should be cooldown nerf of like 15 seconds max and 5 range at start.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2014, 05:06:02 am »

People have been harping and harping on about small progressive changes and people want to make a massive double strike to the AVRE/Sturm here with a range nerf (That alone is a massive buff/nerf to ANY unit) AND a cooldown nerf.

If you nerf both at once, then which one was the cause of it ending up over-nerfed?

Drop the range first, if it's still horrific then drop the cooldown.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2014, 05:37:37 am »

People have been harping and harping on about small progressive changes and people want to make a massive double strike to the AVRE/Sturm here with a range nerf (That alone is a massive buff/nerf to ANY unit) AND a cooldown nerf.

If you nerf both at once, then which one was the cause of it ending up over-nerfed?

Drop the range first, if it's still horrific then drop the cooldown.
The Gandi of Stats has spoken, Now here this.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2014, 06:54:53 am »

well avre is a huge investment after all so dont get me wong yes i do think its a strong unit but OP? I am not so sure. Spamming avres? Ok you can get 4 avres totally spending all your fuel right? So you will not have any other tanks to do AT and AI duties.
You must rely on infantry and atgs to fill that gap and since brits are not the greatest faction in those roles you are facing some serious problems after spending all fuel buying nothing but avres.

Brumbar is the same as avre but axis has way better choices in supporting it what avres dont get from brits. That's other thing to think about since Brumbar can be used in all wehr and PE coys.

-5m for Brumbar and -10seconds for avre cooldown. I think it would be a fair choice
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 06:56:42 am by Shabtajus » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2014, 07:03:35 am »

well avre is a huge investment after all so dont get me wong yes i do think its a strong unit but OP? I am not so sure. Spamming avres? Ok you can get 4 avres totally spending all your fuel right? So you will not have any other tanks to do AT and AI duties.
You must rely on infantry and atgs to fill that gap and since brits are not the greatest faction in those roles you are facing some serious problems after spending all fuel buying nothing but avres.

Brumbar is the same as avre but axis has way better choices in supporting it what avres dont get from brits. That's other thing to think about since Brumbar can be used in all wehr and PE coys.

-5m for Brumbar and -10seconds for avre cooldown. I think it would be a fair choice
Shab stop making posts that make sense, your fucking with tradition.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2014, 07:22:55 am »

good post shab
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2014, 07:47:52 am »

I think that is a fair point, but we also need to consider this is a team game. If I am spamming AVRE and my teammates know it, then they will have my lack of tanks covered.

All I have to do is spam my AVRE and knock out the opponents AT assets and the lower amount of allied tanks available becomes less of a problem.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2014, 07:55:00 am »

I think that is a fair point, but we also need to consider this is a team game. If I am spamming AVRE and my teammates know it, then they will have my lack of tanks covered.

All I have to do is spam my AVRE and knock out the opponents AT assets and the lower amount of allied tanks available becomes less of a problem.
When did we start balancing units based on what theory craft team mates come up with ?
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2014, 08:00:13 am »

It's not theory craft. You cannot compare PANTHER vs SHERMAN or AIRBOURNE vs VOLKS. This is not arena, this is a game where you have multiple units. If you don't ask teammates what they have, it's your problem, not balance
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2014, 08:04:47 am »

When did we start balancing units based on what theory craft team mates come up with ?

Sorry, didn't think I was actually arguing theory crafting.

Shab claimed anyone spamming AVRE is screwed because of the fuel sink. I am simply stating you are not screwed because this is a team game.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc