Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:54:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 08, 2024, 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schmidt abusing dev powers  (Read 1984 times)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« on: May 25, 2015, 01:37:15 pm »

I just wanted to share my opinion about "developer" Mister Schmidt.

I feel like he abused his dev powers banning GrayWolf for posting his opinion in general disscusion section about AB mortar. GrayWolf came with a bad idea about nerfing AB mortar and was claiming AB mortar is OP. So people ganged on him for this. I truly believe people did what they had to do since GrayWolf was totally wrong about saying thing like mortar is OP. So a bit later Schmidt came on and felt like he is a captain of crowd and banned GrayWolf for no actual reason.

Tell me please what kind of development it is to ban an active player for posting his opinion in General disscusion? Especialy when ban hammer can be lifted so easy it makes you wonder what a poor devs are and how guys like Schmidt bashes all work has been done by Scotzmen with patching bringing players back to playing again.

hey tank130 make sure this aint happening again. Despite fact i don't like ya but at least u have my respect for not abusing powers and being strict but carefull with bans. i remember when i got few bans from u lol and i am cool with dat since i was totaly worth to be banned but what Shcmidt has done is totally stupid. Schmidt don't even play this game and has right swing ban hammer left and right.

aint cool tbh

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 01:38:19 pm »

I will leave this here for Tank to post in Smiley

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 01:52:51 pm »

I'm the last person to side with Schmidt, I honestly don't have a high opinion of him at all, and it's hardly a secret.

However, what he did was firmly within what he was supposed to be doing in that case. Gray knowingly bypassed his balance forum ban - What did he think would happen, that he'd get away with it clean and free? If he's smart enough to bypass his ban, I'm sure he's smart enough to have seen that general ban coming a mile away.

But if moderaters DID just leave Gray to do what he wanted, it'd make a mockery of the moderating system here, and would essentially be telling people to go do whatever the fuck they want at the expense of anybody they please.

You want active players Shab? Go advertise EiRR, go find new people, and go convince them to stick with the mod.

But don't advocate keeping assholes here. You can play the scumbag role all you want, but I know full well you aren't THAT much of an asshat.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 01:58:11 pm »

You want active players Shab? Go advertise EiRR, go find new people, and go convince them to stick with the mod.

oh trust me i was advertising eirr like crazy in OMG mod and got some people try or give one more shot at trying EIRR. I do agree with you hix that moderators are needed here to clear forums. But all i ask and i believe rest of comunyti require the same thing as well: just give moderating rights to people with common sense. Because bans like Schmidt did smells more like "just for fun" than actualy with intentions to give him a lesson.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 02:02:15 pm »

Tbh Shab, of all the questionable shit that Schmidt may or may not have done during his time as a moderator, this one ban is probably the most clear cut and legit one you could provide an example of.

Gary has bypassed his balance forum ban, he got a general ban - And he has been trying to get his balance posts in on the sly for quite a while now, so it's hardly like this has come outta the blue either.

I honestly don't think your outrage is over this ban in particular Shab, what's the deal?
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 02:07:17 pm »

dat hix hit my spot lol

what pissed me off was how he was deleting my posts and locking my thread in general discusion. All i was asking is just a simple answer why he did ban GrayWolf? Instead of it he kept deleting posts hiding his crime using dev powers. Its kinda retarded when in my opinion a guy with zero game knowledge and zero common sense has so much power to inluence a game he actualy dont play...
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 02:13:23 pm »

Ya........ OK, we are done here. But lets at least clear up any misconceptions for next time.

First of all: If you have a complaint about our moderation team, Follow These Instructions

If it is not obvious to you guys, Eirrmod is not here, so his happy replacement is tank130.Publicly bashing or criticizing a Mod or a Dev member is going to get you a one week holiday, regardless of why. This is not listed on the forums, but frankly I don't give a shit.

If you think you can come onto our forums and start publicly bashing the team, then you are seriously an idiot. It does not take a rocket scientist to know that should be done with a PM to the dev team.

We appreciate every player that plays our mod. This appreciation does not equate to doing whatever you want on our forums. You are a guest here, simple as that. The days of old and the bullshit that was allowed are over.

Feel free to create your own forum board and moderate it as you see fit. On our forums, we will moderate as we see fit.

Regards.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc