Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:48:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tank Reapers ATG clarification  (Read 3327 times)
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« on: May 07, 2015, 12:46:25 am »

I've only recently started looking through corsix, so it is entirely possible that I am reading something wrong. However, I spotted an interesting ability set related to the buffs apparently linked to the 57mm atg.

Just to show the process:

1.) Go to "attrib/attrib/ebps/race/allies/europeinruins/vehicles/m1_57mm_towed_at_gun.rgd"

2.) Go to "gamedata/ability_ext/"
----> Here, the shown linked ability is "abilities/_europeinruins/us/doctrines/infantry_tank_reapers_57.lua"

3.) Go to ""abilities/_europeinruins/us/doctrines/infantry_tank_reapers_57.lua"

The modifiers, as far as I can read them, are;
+50% weapon damage
+50% weapon penetration
+50% accuracy
+09% range

Now, when I read this, I was skeptical. No way atg's were putting out that kind of damage in game from what I had seen. I asked hicks and he also said it was improbable and that I was simply reading the wrong thing. As such, we went into a game and tested out a few rear armour shots to see if the damage buffs were applying as it was indicated in the RGD's. The actual calculations and such were done by hicks, but, end result was that these ridiculous +50% buffs were not in place. The problem was, we could not find the location of any other tank reaper linked buffs for the 57mm atg.

We tested these out some time ago, but, a question has been niggling me since. If these are the buffs that the RGD's indicate are being given to atg's by tank reapers, and that these buffs clearly are not shown in game it leaves me with one of two possibilities.

Possibility 1: I am a total Knob and I am missing something totally obvious about the modifiers/location of the modifiers.

Possibility 2: I am correct that the indicated modifiers are inactive and that there are no other modifiers. That would mean that an entire section of a Tier 4 doctrine choice is basically useless.

I'm hoping it is possibility 1. As such, If anyone else far more experienced in trawling the RGD's can figure this out, please do so and enlighten me. Otherwise, Tanks Reapers is looking like a pretty poor T4 choice.

PS: Tank, please put Villers-Bocage back into map rotation. <3

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 02:16:50 am »

there is no way that ability works.

i used TR and i didn't feel like the atgs did anything unique what so ever.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 02:59:55 am »

Alright. I'm pretty sure I'm correct on this one.

It's linked incorrectly, meaning it's inactive.

Where it says, target type name, the ability points too:
weapon\allies\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\m1_57mm_atg.lua

This is not correct as far as i'm aware, or is not how this cell works.

Now, what else buffs atgs? AP rounds correct? Lets take a look at that ability and what target type name it has.

It says: hardpoint_01

Which is rather, the correct way. So if i change it, it should be active.

All this is theory, but it seems the ability needs to point towards the hardpoint in the ATG file, rather than the file for the stats of the weapon the ATG has.

Nice spotting tach. Took me a bit to find it though
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 12:29:45 pm »

Tank Reapers was shook up a while back in one of the last patches to go out. Should probably hunt down the post with the patch notes to confirm what Tank Reapers should be doing at this point.

Might also want to take a look at the G43 suppression ability. It's allowing a single squad of PzGrens to suppress any amount of Riflemen in an area of 10 units within about 1.2 seconds at it's slowest. Admittedly, it has existed since the G43 suppression ability has been put in, but a bug is a bug.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 12:36:46 pm »

Video also would be appreciated. Stats differs from real behaviour ingame.

Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 10:51:11 pm »

So what tank reapers should be doing:

ATG's doing all of the stats mentioned by tach.

Stickies doing +25% damage and +50% penetration

Engie mines +25% to vehicles

- Tank Reapers
      Bazookas no longer affected
      Jumbo no longer affected
      Buff to ATG improved to 25% extra accuracy, damage and penetration and +5 range
      ATG sprint from locked and loaded moved to Tank Reapers ATGs

So as far as i'm aware the problems have been rectified, and will be sending to tank as soon as my Fibre is connected, which is Friday all going well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc