Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:30:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new kind of map  (Read 10853 times)
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2010, 08:44:20 pm »

I actually liked Purple Heart Lane, which had two cities in it, but it was just too big and there were too many pathing issues. I vote a doover for that map because I liked it a lot and I think it's worth fixing.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 09:25:00 pm »

Most people refuse to play Urban maps after a game or two vs a gimmick built for it. There are too many weapons that are required to do well in that environment, and it negates a lot of the axis support weapon strengths.

On the other hand, it makes STuG/STuH epic when they can't be bypassed.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2010, 10:22:45 pm »

I'm going away for work for 3 Months and I'll have shoddy internet for a lengthy period of time(won't even have a computer till my first paycheck) So in my spare time I plan on playing old games(From an Age where single player was good!) and finishing some of my maps.

Also, yes Arnhem Winter was fun for a city map. Most city maps in CoH mods are city tile sets with the Country open-ness. You trade farmers field and hedges for buildings, walls and town squares. It's hard to get the clusterfuck feeling and we certainly can;t imitate sewers or anything in CoH. Shit I spent a few weeks alone trying to get a building across a communication trench and even then it seriously fucked with animations.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:26:39 pm by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 01:36:11 am »

I actually liked Purple Heart Lane, which had two cities in it, but it was just too big and there were too many pathing issues. I vote a doover for that map because I liked it a lot and I think it's worth fixing.

I think that map is OMG only

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 02:34:11 am »

People refuse to play urban maps because they automatically think the shit pathing errors. This is especially NO for Tank heavy players cause they try to hug their armor with as much love as possible and take the most openfieldish maps where they roll with their tincans.

Yes StuH/StuGs would roll in these maps cause none can flank them. Majority of ATGs would be useless since they are limited to streets. HMG42s would be crap but in return all US HMGs and British Vickers would own due to their higher accuracy and penetration vs buildings. Churchill Crocodiles would mean doom to EVERYONE so fighting WIND in these environments would be like making a fireplace right onto your wooden floor. Mortars and artillery would be rather interesting sight in these sort of fights.

Infantry roaming on the streets so Lionel would climax in these maps same with heartmann because a heavy urban map is infantry player's wet dream. Tigers would show their potential in a new strenght cause they can't be flanked that easily no more same with Pershings- not to mention Jpanther and King Tiger.

Flamethrowers would get a lot of use same with handgrenades. Block by block, street by street fighting, ah that'd be pretty much fun. Some open grounds like market place, the central part of a city where there are carts and wide streets and people would fight for these.

Not only would a heavy urban map be cool, it'd be as well a fresh breeze to the age old map list which goes like this:

Abbeville
Tanteville
Bocage
Church
Nuenen

.... etc

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 02:41:09 am »

I love Urban maps and I'm a damn good tank player. It's my best feature in EiR. I mostly love them because everyone else is so junk with Tanks in any sort of close environment that it means an auto win.

infantry AT is more problematic though. People who know they will be fighting in Urban areas will certainly have an edge.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 03:27:56 am »

I am working on a Urban map

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
frsd Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 03:38:06 am »

IMO its a problem with AT, allies have so many different kinds of AT which can partially ignore buildings or other blocking objects. An axis nade will not kill a Allied Mortar but an allied grenade will make an axis mortar retreat. A StuG/StuH would get raped once its in the same street as a pak since it's like 3-4 shots till its dead, even less with AP rounds.

It would be an offmap frenzy, airbourne offmaps would be very effective due to the nature of streets, and all the mando arty which already now is very boring would be effective. Axis do not have considerable amount of offmaps that can compete and imo offmaps should be almost totally removed since theyre just plain boring except some special kinds like the Blitz prec. bombing.

In terms of offmap artillery the nebelwerfer would be rather meh since it hits in a large area, only axis artillery that could compete with 25pdr/105mm/Priest is the hummel which is doctrine specific and the chances are lower to play with one.

Personally I would love playing something new but I dont want to suicide my units...
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 03:46:11 am »

TRhe Nebel can Building Crit 8 guys instantly. the Hummel's large damage would be relatively contained and retreat paths would be limited when under a Barrage.

Also Axis Mortars generally outperform their Allied counterparts. Not to mention the relative deadliness of 2 of 3 Doctrines with access to Dual schreks from buildings rather then dual Zooks or RR's from buildings. PIAT's can be an issue but with Proper Mortar support you could easily keep PIAT's and Rifle nades off your positions for the most part.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 04:11:05 am »

You mean 2 of 6 doctrines, right? Anyways, mortars don't make it easy fun times against PIATs and Riflenades. They only have to move up to the shotblocker, fire, and then they can move back.

I was also under the impression that the nebel building crit was removed.
frsd Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 04:31:08 am »

I prefer not using 240 Munitions into a unit that only performs well at blank range, can be 2 shotted by a sherman, has an endless aimo time, can be kept from shooting by driving to it, and has awful accuracy at medium/long range. I would in no way call it deadly and is generally only useful against heavy tanks and will get raped by LV's even when covered.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 04:32:40 am »

Just imagine horrors of PE when those stupid pathing marders,halftracks,50mm's etc get crumped in tight allyes...it's like,please kill my 50mm cuz it's soooo stupid...

How was it called that realistic mode(tanks diying in 1-2 shots,having hige range etc.),in the 'forest' with lots of snow maps...I do remembre they had some rly nice maps...
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 06:01:15 am »

i tried making a map like it, but when it comes to splatting it and detailing, its so time consuming and stressing to do- heres what i got up to doing then gave up:

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 06:04:09 am »

it reminds me very to that map from vcoh mode when you need to hold waves of enemys...
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 06:28:05 am »

its called operation stonewall

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2010, 07:04:22 am »

LOLOLOLOL TROLLED
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 07:06:57 am »

LOLOLOLOL TROLLED

i dont even give a shit as long you finish the damm thing i will be happy even though you steal some other map from Vcoh.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 07:08:23 am »

lalulz
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc