Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:41:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sync Error on Airborne Drop  (Read 4365 times)
DasGuntLord01 Offline
Shoutcaster

« on: July 01, 2007, 05:51:34 am »

A mate of mine decided that he wanted to see how Europe in Ruins worked while he was over at my place with his computer.  He didn't have a relic online profile, but didn't see a reason why it couldn't work if his name in a LAN game was the same as the name we gave the forums.

We made up a quick Axis account, started up a battle (which was battle number 317, in case you need to know), manually installed the files, and away we went.  (Axis defend)

The game went as expected for a bit.  He built a bunker, I think, and set some guys up in a couple of buildings.  Then it was my turn to come on.

I spotted his lines with my aerial recon, and then decided to drop my four airborne units (nades and recoiless rifles) in behind them.  I got a sync error.  I had no idea what caused it at the time, but suspected it was the airborne drop.

We remade the game, different map, different host, and started again. He built another bunker, and I brought my riflemen on first.  I circled around the bunker, and didn't use my aerial recon (truth be told I was screen-cheating), and when I had the enemy fixed inside a building I decided to drop my airborne into a position where I could take out his panzer IV.  Sure enough, i got the Sync Error again.

I havn't had the chance to re-create the circumstances a third time, and I don't have a replay of it I'm afraid.

Is Europe in Ruins incompatible with LAN play?  Or is there something else going on.

Also, on a (probably) completely unrelated problem, some of us have been getting EiR launcher errors.  "Error:5 Error Code: 3".  Is this because we need to new launcher?

Thanks in advance.

Now accepting awesome replays for shoutcasting!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:02:20 am »

Thanks for reporting.

Lan play should work fine and thats probably not the reason why you got sync errors...

It might be caused by the unit upgrades.
Are you absolutely sure it was caused by the airborne units and when approximately did the error occur ? On enabling the ability? When in the air? When on the ground?

Also look into my documents/my games/Company of Heroes/logfiles and look for the "Scarlog" of that date and hour plz. Would help fldash alot in tracking down the error.

And/Or your warninglog of that date/hour & game.
DasGuntLord01 Offline
Shoutcaster

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 07:11:22 am »

Thanks for reporting.

Lan play should work fine and thats probably not the reason why you got sync errors...

It might be caused by the unit upgrades.
Are you absolutely sure it was caused by the airborne units and when approximately did the error occur ? On enabling the ability? When in the air? When on the ground?

First of all, good to hear that the lan wasn't the problem.

Secondly, the airborne were still recovering from their drop when the sync error occured on both occasions (ie, they had just dropped, and i could not yet issue them orders.)

Also look into my documents/my games/Company of Heroes/logfiles and look for the "Scarlog" of that date and hour plz. Would help fldash alot in tracking down the error.

And/Or your warninglog of that date/hour & game.

There were only two SCAR logs, so I assume they are the correct ones.  they correspond to the correct date and time.

There are ALOT of warning logs from the same date.  I have no idea which ones will actually be usefull to you, and I don't know if uploading all of them is the right way to go.  Let me know if it is.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 07:56:41 am »

Look for the hour mark on the warning logs.
But the scar log should do I guess.

Also as the sync error took place right after landing it makes me assume it's related to their upgrades... as the upgrades are applied once they land.

Care to test airborne without upgrades when you have the chance?
DasGuntLord01 Offline
Shoutcaster

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 08:11:05 am »

I'm not sure when the next chance will be, but sure.
DasGuntLord01 Offline
Shoutcaster

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 09:28:21 am »

Just played a game with no airborne involved at all, and we got no sync errors, untill Bonte brought in a unit of Storm Troopers with MP44s.  then he got sync error, and it merely told me that he dropped.

the one constant appears to be upgrades, so I guess that they are the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc