Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:40:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commando doctrines... again  (Read 18703 times)
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2009, 04:53:08 pm »

my commandos dont have doctrine upgrades, and when axis get received penetration increase, my dmg increase vet is useless..

You mean like the tier 4 that increase the squad health by 66% and firepower by 50%?   That tier 4?   Last time I checked 3 piats is a 50% more piats over 2.

i mean that axis gets their arrival timer buffs too, but even if they dont, still good ability.

Which has nothing to do with gliders, period.

and how many times it happens that falls drop next to a quad? NEVER!

Happens all the time.  Plus you can run them over with tanks as they drop in.

and do you know why shreks cant penetrate? becouse those tanks DO receive received penetration reduction when they vet, but ALL axis tanks do get their received penetration reduction, and as you could see, the chanse of t4 vet3 amush squad penetrating something simple as a stug is already as low as it can get(1/3) and that was a stug without the pen. reduction.

Stugs have good frontal armor.   Allied tank destroyers rely on dodging instead of bouncing.  Its a different design decision

no i didnt, thx

66% chance to penetrate a stug is low?
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2009, 05:03:13 pm »

1:no, i mean the t4 that leths you buy another unit thats as standart as any other, and no special price reduction what so ever. the ability doesnt change piat commandos.

2: yes it does have to do with gliders, since i was talking about the time it takes before a glider lands(30secs)

3: i have never seen it happening, im sure were all convinced that gliders die more often than paratroopers do while landing.

4: stug is a stupid cheap tank a t4 should be able to take it out instead of having a chanse of 1/3 doing so, while it doesnt looks like that

5: you sayd 1/3, i tought 1 out of 3 penetrates.... thats not 66%
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2009, 05:07:35 pm »

my commandos dont have doctrine upgrades, and when axis get received penetration increase, my dmg increase vet is useless..

You mean like the tier 4 that increase the squad health by 66% and firepower by 50%?   That tier 4?   Last time I checked 3 piats is a 50% more piats over 2.

I think your information is a bit wrong, its not an upgrade but an unlock! Normal Piat Commandos stay as they are.

Commando Ambush Squads are a whole different unit.

aka UckY  Wink
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2009, 05:09:34 pm »

as i sayd...
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2009, 05:30:36 pm »

1:no, i mean the t4 that leths you buy another unit thats as standart as any other, and no special price reduction what so ever. the ability doesnt change piat commandos.

2: yes it does have to do with gliders, since i was talking about the time it takes before a glider lands(30secs)

3: i have never seen it happening, im sure were all convinced that gliders die more often than paratroopers do while landing.

4: stug is a stupid cheap tank a t4 should be able to take it out instead of having a chanse of 1/3 doing so, while it doesnt looks like that

5: you sayd 1/3, i tought 1 out of 3 penetrates.... thats not 66%
What's the price of the Ambush squad?

Otherwise..
2: The Blitzkrieg ability Lightning War does not affect air-dropping Fallshimjaegers at all. Therefore, no comparison between Lightning War and Commando/Airborne drop could/should be made.
3: Gliders only die if you put them in a place that will kill them. Drop them behind your lines, and they'll survive. Drop them in a corner where there's no enemy, and they'll survive.
The problem you're having is that you drop them on the front line, right in front of the enemy, and they die.
As I said before: you can either drop them away from the action where they're safe, or choose to drop them in a place that may contain enemies (that includes areas that *might* get overrun by the enemy), and accept the risk.
4: The StuG isn't that cheap, and I said that a PIAT shot has a 1/3 chance to penetrate, not a 1/3 chance to take out the StuG.
And just because a unit is a T4 unlock, doesn't mean that it should win an engagement automatically. There's still skill and tactics involved, which apparently you don't want.
5: It's 1/3 at long range. The PIAT commandos in the video were at long range, which is why I said 1/3.
At short/medium range, they have double the penetration, which is 66%. If you had gotten in closer to the StuG, you surely wuld have killed it, even with your apparent bad luck.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2009, 09:01:43 pm »

I dont know what the complaining is about PIATs can go over walls, and when you button the tank and its unsupported like that you should have went behind it. I would have shot a volly of then moved my men behind it then fired off more vollies Tongue

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2009, 03:33:32 pm »

alright, this time i dropped a glider with 2 piat commandos next to a 1 HP panther. it was all alone.
only one piat commando got out, i rushed them right next to the tank (as close as you can get)
and i got at least 5 shots off (or more)
none of them penetrated, tank didnt die. panther wasnt vet, piat wasnt vet.
piats suck.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2009, 03:35:59 pm »

Go tell that to people whining about OP PIATs in that PIAT thread from a while ago  Cheesy

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2009, 02:12:13 am »

alright, this time i dropped a glider with 2 piat commandos next to a 1 HP panther. it was all alone.
only one piat commando got out, i rushed them right next to the tank (as close as you can get)
and i got at least 5 shots off (or more)
none of them penetrated, tank didnt die. panther wasnt vet, piat wasnt vet.
piats suck.
1. STOP DROPPING YOUR FUCKING GLIDERS RIGHT NEXT TO ENEMY UNITS.
Jesus, you lose gliders to enemy fire, bitch about it, then continue to drop gliders right next to the enemy.
2. You've never heard of the 5% bug?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2009, 03:56:45 am »

Gliders are way more survivable, and way more likely to survive upon landing than paratroopers EVER will.

Seriously, L2Use gliders, leo.

boobaka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2009, 04:14:57 am »

sry forgot what i was going to say here.. need to go and take care of a criying baby..
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2009, 05:39:04 am »

i want a doctrine that gives me 50% reroll or more on units killed in a crashing glider.
this game i lost half my gliders due to bad luck being killed before they land:
hey! a nebel all alone, lets land a glider with 2 vet 2 amush squads there. 30 s later they land, tiger shows up BOOM SPLASH 1 retreat 1 dead
then lets land another glider all the way on our side. 30 secs later tiger attacks my firefly, glider lands exactly on firefly, firefly gets stuck tiger kills firefly and glider in one shot.
then i land a tetrach glider... dead.
and i lost some more gliders in that game, but i dont want to renember.

oh, and who dares wins has to be redone too....

edit:
and i might post this becouse im pissed off now, but it will be a good doctrine too, becouse right now the risk is way too high to land gliders behind enemy lines. with some reroll, ppl might do it more often. and now i say this, gliders die so much too becouse of the 30 secs times. a doctrine that reduces that timer will be good too.

if u cant manage to drop them in an open and save area, thats your prob tbh

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2009, 06:49:40 am »

omfg what are you ppl talking about? i sayd that the piats couldnt penetrate a panther at CLOSE RANGE.
not that they crash on impact.
and gliders die more often than paratroopers, this is becouse you have maps like carentan, and the vcoh system to land gliders is gone, so you never know for sure if the landing area is clear or not.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2009, 07:04:38 am »

the spawns are open on every map. try to drop there if u want to make sure it has a save landing.
isnt carentan your map?
if u dont wanna drop with via glider anymore, just pair your mandos with tommies or your piats with 6pdrs
thats called combined arms btw, not blob =)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2009, 07:55:27 am »

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT GLIDER CRASH RIGHT NOW!!!!
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2009, 01:38:06 pm »

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT GLIDER CRASH RIGHT NOW!!!!
And I told you, that's a 5% bug. It's damn annoying, but it affects all tanks equally.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc