Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 10:25:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Poll
Question: Easiest Unit to get Vet on (that you've seen the most of so far)
Calliope
Tiger Ace
King Tiger
Priest
Hummel
Command Tank
Leuitenant
Captain
Mortar
Sniper

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easiest Unit to get Vet on  (Read 16008 times)
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2009, 01:54:54 pm »

Forgot about button lol. Yeah that's a pretty harsh stop. One click and your heavy tank charging in to save the day gets frozen, at the mercy of whatever they want to do with it.
Only if you're an idiot to not notice the bren squad then back out once you're buttoned, or just kill it with the tank.

Bren Carrier Button. Button works miracles against rambo hans and his tiger tank.

Igawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 01:55:13 pm »

That's not quite what i was thinking about. I was thinking you were charging from your front lines along one of the flanks and a bren squad pops out of the fog behind you or something. You couldn't have known it was there until it was too late.
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 01:57:41 pm »

Manfred - a bren carrier + bren+piat blob costs simply obscene ammounts of resources, and you're unlikely to have both by the time an ACE arrives...
Not to mention the TA can kill the bren MMG before it gives the bren squad enough time to button the TA as well.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 02:01:56 pm »

Manfred - a bren carrier + bren+piat blob costs simply obscene ammounts of resources, and you're unlikely to have both by the time an ACE arrives...
Not to mention the TA can kill the bren MMG before it gives the bren squad enough time to button the TA as well.

True, the combo I'd seen before was a bren carier, bren squads nearby firefly and piats against a tiger ace. The carrier stalled it for the brens to finish the button whilst the rest killed it. It's quite an elaborate mix, but to be honest the TA is so powerful there isn't really many others ways of combating its uberness.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2009, 04:39:43 pm »

Before anyone else says the calliope is hard to vet they should make another account, go Terror, and try to vet 3 the KT...or even the Ace. Tell us how long it takes and how many times you failed.

See I can totally sympathize with that, but that's also an entirely different situation.. that's completely based on how ballsy you want to get with those. In the same instance, I want people to make an armored company and try and vet the calliope before saying it's the easiest.

Itīs the easiest, I had 3 vet 2 callies the last war, for a short time... until people decided to spam rocket arty lol.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Piotrskivich Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009, 04:41:14 pm »

Last war I killed a Calli with a V1 when my ally saved his see the map ability for it, the blast of the V1 caught the Calli in the back while it was escaping.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 04:47:46 pm »

I'll agree with Rocket artillery and Military intelligence were great things for killing Calliopes, but they've increased the Vet tables things time around and PE has some highly mobile AT options, and FSJ squads that paradrop behind them. So with the Veterancy increase requirements,, and most notably the gap from vet 2-vet3. I'd still argue the calliope isn't the easiest to vet up theres just alot more fast attack/counter battery options available to Axis now with the inclusion of PE

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 10:21:01 pm »

PE's highly mobile AT options are about as mobile as a Wehr Panzer4 running round the back to hunt down a calliope, i.e. you're still gonna take time to get there and be blown to bits.

FSJs as calliope killer? Unless you're intending to drop 20 pop and 1200 MP+ worth of FSJs with the munitions cost for 4 fausts and whatever else you want to put on them to instakill 1 calliope, followed by possibly risking the loss of the entire drop, they don't count, not with the faust cooldown.
Wiking1FJ Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 11:51:50 pm »

I'm gonna vote sniper, because most people don't even really utilize the sniper and as allies the PE/Brits have a real tough time counter snipers.  I think the key word here is 'easiest'. Units like KTs/TA/or Jagd normally you end up with not enough support for it because you have so much pop invested in it. Also they're so powerful that you end up doing stupid things and a situation you think your safely getting yourself into ends up turning really bad with a sticky or a bren squad with some ATGs in support and maybe an M10. I just got vet3 with my calli last game and it was by far "easy" to vet up. It almost got killed(and very well should have) gotten killed by storm shrekys last game. Now its more of a liability seeing as I have to be paranoid of some guy deciding to ruin my day regardless of loss (ala charing TA/Jagd/Storm shreky sneak-a-sneak attack), really when i have it on the field nowadays im thinking of how I can protect it rather than how I can kill my enemy. Its kind of a double edge sword. Now I think that most of the other options are fairly easy to vet due to how survivable they are if you baby them. The only reason why the calli is the one of the easiest is because you don't need to risk it on the front line, thats all. Well on second thought, the calli is only 10 pop therefore its 100x easier to support combined with it being able to stay behind all that support.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2009, 12:45:27 am »

^ i'd kidna have to agree there. I think a well micro'd sniper can easily get vet 2 in one game. I'd done it many times (only 2 lose it to griefers the next game)

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2009, 12:52:40 am »

Pretty sure i voted sniper or LT on mine. But whats the complaint with griefing? they clearly go through the effort to remove an artillery piece or a sniper from play and people always complain when it dies. They have to earn vet to and the only way to do that is killing you. Also anything you can kill 1 game is something you don't have to fight the next.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2009, 12:58:52 am »

^ i'd kidna have to agree there. I think a well micro'd sniper can easily get vet 2 in one game. I'd done it many times (only 2 lose it to griefers the next game)

Yep, we should not grief snipers, but happily and willingly sacrifice hundreds of men to satisfy the God of One Shot One Kill.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2009, 06:20:11 am »

Yep, we should not grief snipers, but happily and willingly sacrifice hundreds of men to satisfy the God of One Shot One Kill.

lol
EliteGrens Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2009, 07:06:45 am »

I think i just changed my opinion about Snipers
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2009, 07:26:13 am »

It's like shooting range for sniper if u are playing against double brits.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2009, 07:56:53 am »

It is until they bring out a FF w/ cromwell command tank. I must have lost half the snipers I use to that unit combo, it's insanity
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 08:07:31 am by brn4meplz » Logged
EliteGrens Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2009, 08:01:38 am »

Yeah, the Sniper got killed the game after by a cromwell command tank crushing him with flankspeed..
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2009, 08:48:21 am »

snipers are..not OP but so cost effective, its awesome

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2009, 09:21:10 am »

No one said they we're OP, and it's the fact that, yes you can have multiple snipers in your company for a cost, but they are currently at a very balanced price. Considering they die fast and have no AT capabilities, having 2 sets you back ž of your munitions and 1/8 your manpower, so you pay for what you get.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2009, 10:48:08 am »

G43s are weapons made to grief snipers hahaha... they canīt save them not even retreating them lol..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc