Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:47:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM/CW/US] Medium Tanks  (Read 28384 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2014, 10:30:55 am »

If reward cards suddenly stops existing they are limitless pool of resources. But you do have a point Smokaz. Regardless if the company was limited with just 1 Heavy tank, it wouldn't mean the rest of them would be mediums. No they'd rather get more pop cap efficient vehicles because what a medium does a heavy does better. For companies like Blitzkrieg and Armor (the two heavy tank capable companies) players would go for tanks that compliment either Tiger or Pershing rather get mediums. Some might build their companies on both principles but I predict that they'd realize the error. (Even if what works with heavy works as well with a medium, the question is supporting one or all).

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2014, 10:44:42 am »

If I ever ran a single Pershing I'd fill the rest of it up with LV's or M10's.

If I ever ran a single Tiger I'd fill the rest of it up with Nebels, Ostwinds or maybe a Panther.

Neither case would I be inclined to grab Shermans or PzIV's though. Combos of hard counters (Hiya MG+ATG) will always be more productive and less pop intensive than running mediums in their current form. The mediums simply don't bring anything attractive enough for me to want them in place of dedicated hard counters. The single heavy I've got can tank shit, the LV's/Ostwinds/Nebels can shred inf, the M10's/Panther can fuck up tanks...

The mediums aren't bad in principle, they really aren't. They just aren't good enough to warrant taking over less pop intensive hard counters.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2014, 11:41:39 am »

I contemplated this issue of medium armor and came to a conclusion. A fascinating one at that. I almost forgot the most crucial bits of P4 and Sherman. The upgrades.

Now I was thinking of doing this thing this way:

With Sherman upgun its ability to fight against armor improves, how about improving it even further by giving it a increased damage? Say increase base damage to 100. That'd be 20+ increase to upgun's base damage ( the gun only improves penetration ). Yes it will break a delicate balance between Panther and 2 Sherman match ups to favour the shermans. Yes it will also make M10 look awkwardly at  Sherman. Now here's the catch. With M10 you have cheap tank destroyer capable of longer range and better damage (it has mods). The point is that it is cheaper than sherman at 10 pop and overall resources. Where as Sherman will be now more attractive option if someone wants something else on top of it all.

Now P4 gets skirts, it gives bonus vs handheld AT and stickybombs and also -10% damage reduction from all sources of AT. How about increasing the damage reduction even further to -20% damage? It would negate Sherman's damage to similar levels it would be even before, but it also would help against everything shooting at it on field.

Damage buff on Allies
Defence buff on Axis

Cromwell however is a tricky machinand I have nothing on it since its dedicated (sort of LV too) inf killer where Firefly is tank and heavy tank killer.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2014, 11:53:04 am »

If reward cards suddenly stops existing they are limitless pool of resources.

Huh?

But you do have a point Smokaz. Regardless if the company was limited with just 1 Heavy tank, it wouldn't mean the rest of them would be mediums. No they'd rather get more pop cap efficient vehicles because what a medium does a heavy does better. For companies like Blitzkrieg and Armor (the two heavy tank capable companies) players would go for tanks that compliment either Tiger or Pershing rather get mediums. Some might build their companies on both principles but I predict that they'd realize the error. (Even if what works with heavy works as well with a medium, the question is supporting one or all).

It stops the issue of several players fielding something like 3 super pershings and 3 normal pershings, or 3 kts + 3 tiger ace (nightmare).

But, we will need to make tiger and pershing a t2 unlock if you can only field one of them. They aren't that good that they deserve a t3 unlock. I kinda feel the same for the KT, since it just isn't that capable.

Also, like you write, they might go vehicle spam. But vehicle spam is out of control atm because people have become good at building companies.

Light vehicles are probaby the unit type which needs a pool.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2014, 12:34:35 pm »

Idk how many shermans you bring you arent really gunna 2v1 a panther in any normal frame of time.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc