Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:24:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM]{Terror} Terror Officer  (Read 17007 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: September 11, 2009, 03:51:20 pm »

This thing absolutely negates any infantry you bring on the field and if you have schrecks in that blob with a terror officer along with lmgs, basically it's a rolling beat all.

I've seen so many threads about the ami officer getting crits on infantry, but that doesn't near equal the power of the terror officer to completely negate any amount of infantry around it with its off map and with the slow ability. Also, it takes a crap load of hits to kill it even with shermans, yet i've seen my vet 2 ami officer die to single tank shots so many times, but the terror officer can survive 2 and 3 sherman shots.

I propose lowing its health or making the slow ability it gets to be clickable just like the ami officer. It's basically a promote blob, destroy blob weapon.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 03:54:12 pm »

6. Rage Posting

Users sometimes feel that the whole Dev team changes stats on purpose right before their game starts and then they come here like 10 year old kids who believe they can take on everyone because they just simply are right and nobody can prove them wrong. From now on a rage thread/post will be moderated on sight, do us a favor and take a cold bath before posting after a bad game please, we all have had bad games but that doesn't allow us to rage in the forums.

GeneralGlacko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 03:55:02 pm »

Your kidding me right?

P.S., all the off map does is suppress and do a lil burn damage on a 2-3 min cooldown, roughly like IA on ami officer.

HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 03:56:04 pm »

First sherman shot leave him with a slither of health, he is easy to kill.  You just ran off a blob of your inf as soon as he got near.  Run this guy over and its a clostly unit that what usually happens to mine.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 04:01:43 pm »

6. Rage Posting

Users sometimes feel that the whole Dev team changes stats on purpose right before their game starts and then they come here like 10 year old kids who believe they can take on everyone because they just simply are right and nobody can prove them wrong. From now on a rage thread/post will be moderated on sight, do us a favor and take a cold bath before posting after a bad game please, we all have had bad games but that doesn't allow us to rage in the forums.

This isn't rage posting, This is something i've wanted to talk about for a long time and haven't gotten to, that last game just pushed me over the edge, so seriously f off. Do you see any rage? Am I using caps or exclamation marks? I'm pointing out valid facts from way previous games i've played against that tactic. I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Your kidding me right?

P.S., all the off map does is suppress and do a lil burn damage on a 2-3 min cooldown, roughly like IA on ami officer.

I know what the off map does. I'm saying its more useful than the ami officer which from my experience, doesn't give any bonuses to infantry in its radius nor does it debuff the other sides units.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 04:16:12 pm »

It kinda does have too much health, I've seen a vet 3 officer prance around taking sherman shots beating up full health bar squad. (Not at the same time though. And he was in green cover.)

He pwns for sure, he can control infantry battles snipe mortar teams.. and if you back assault squads up with it theres no escape if they are trying to bull pack with inferior numbers.

TO also performs anti sniper duties amiably.

Then again, whats the surprise? He's part of terror.. they dont have anything bad, just shades of pwn. Wink

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:22:29 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 04:46:57 pm »

Sure, fix this guy right after the brit captain gets a similar fix, I've beat on some of those for minutes...
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 04:52:04 pm »

Sure, fix this guy right after the brit captain gets a similar fix, I've beat on some of those for minutes...

the captain is a defensive type officer, so the reason why that happens is cuz of defensive bonuses that he is giving himself while in his sector, totally different type of units with totally different uses.
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 04:53:33 pm »

Terror officer is hard to kill if the player that you are playing against is keeping an eye on him.  It is also very powerful.  Then again, so is the American Officer, Defensive officer, and, too a lesser extent, the British Officer.  Anything done to the survivability of the Terror Officer would probably also have to be done to the other officers, otherwise it wouldn't be fair.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 04:57:25 pm »

I gotta agree with this, I've chased terror officers across the map with T17s and shermans, and it takes forever to kill them with vet. shots just keep missing over and over again. And ones that do, he regens health by the time the next one hits! I just run them over now, no point in trying to actually kill them. I had an M8 sit on one for 30 seconds with the .50 and main gun shooting, the officer was only vet 2, and i couldn't kill him before paks/shrecks arrived.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 05:00:40 pm »

so is it the regen that makes him so hard to kill or is it his health?
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 05:19:15 pm »

I gotta agree with this, I've chased terror officers across the map with T17s and shermans, and it takes forever to kill them with vet. shots just keep missing over and over again. And ones that do, he regens health by the time the next one hits! I just run them over now, no point in trying to actually kill them. I had an M8 sit on one for 30 seconds with the .50 and main gun shooting, the officer was only vet 2, and i couldn't kill him before paks/shrecks arrived.

your just very unlucky all my officers die to Sherman's insta gib shots.

I can supply all the replays if you care,but the point is he shouldn't die very easily its 150 munies and 220 manpower
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 05:21:34 pm »

furthur proof he's stronger than the ami officer. which is 220 and 50.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 05:26:58 pm »

its a pickle with all these contradicting views, i havent seen one in action yet so i cant suggest.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
WinIsUP Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 08:46:03 pm »

the slow is just stupid imo. its an anti micro ability that requires none of your own..its retarded

"want to sticky a tank near me?" NO!

"want to dodge a nade?" NO!

"want to flank with assult troops and kill my officer?" NO!

this is the biggest problem with him imo. The 3 other officer types don't come close to his level of "friendliness" or ease of use imo.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 11:28:40 pm »

I agree with the original proposal : Make the Slow ability work on a cooldown, just like the IA ability works on a cooldown for the US officer.

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 11:31:23 pm »

I propose a question. Do officer units really need abilities beyond their passive buffs to surrounding units?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 11:39:42 pm »

I propose a question. Do officer units really need abilities beyond their passive buffs to surrounding units?

does the ami officer give passive buffs?
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 11:42:40 pm »

Thats what I mean, who do these two officers (Terror and American) need abilities; the British ones don't (Lt gets Heroic Charge at Vet 1). What if the officers were much more ingrained into the infantry and didn't rely on fantasy abilities to make them different.

Say, if the terror officer had a receive accuracy aura that buffed his surrounding units to simulate the enemy missing more do to being terrified by the officers presence within his troops.

Or the American Officer having a reload/rate of fire buff, to simulate him ordering his troops to fire more rounds.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 11:45:24 pm »

I'd rather have that. The LT and Captain both give passive abilities and maybe just like with the LT, they get a clickable ability at vet 1 or vet 2?

I always kinda thought they had passive abilities, especially the ami officer since he gives that yellow glow.

but yea, I'd rather have passive abilities, if I knew he didn't give them before, I wouldn't have gotten him killed so often hanging with my rangers Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc