Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:08:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Veterancy Levels  (Read 8515 times)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: January 20, 2011, 08:06:54 pm »

As i'm currently playing WM, it has come to my attention that veterancy is too easy to achieve. As everyone knows, WM has the most survivable and strongest units out of any faction, with the exception of very few British vehicles, and still, veterancy levels are low.

I'd like to propose higher vet thresholds for the following units:

Volksgrenadiers - Currently 25xp for Vet 2, 50xp for Vet 3. Too easy to get with Assault nades, Vet 3 can be reached EASILY in 2-3 games. Volks leaderboards reflect this. I'd like to propose 40xp for Vet 2 and 80xp for Vet 3. It's lower than Grens, but not too low. Lets face it, if they're going to be as versatile and survivable as they currently are, then they need some kind of nerf.

STuG - It surprises me that a heavy axis tank can reach vet 3 in 57xp, especially one that has a better than average MG on top of it. I'd like to propose 40 and 80, same as the Ostwind, considering the armour of a STuG. If not this, then maybe mirror the Hetzer, the closest tank to a STuG with 33 and 67.

Axis Mortar - Vet 2 requirement is currently 29xp. It's not so much of an issue of the veterancy levels, it's more the buffs that it receives with veterancy. Buffing the longest ranged mortar in the game to have more accuracy, suppression, and less received damage for 29xp along with Doctrine buffs (Wait for Terror - Heavy Support if it comes back to stack with this). I would suggest a slight increase in this to 35 or 40xp for Vet 2, with Vet 3 at 65.

Thoughts? Other problems with other factions and levels of veterancy? Post here!

- Enkk
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:25:22 pm by spinn72 » Logged
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 08:32:04 pm »

Have you seen the riflemen leader boards? And riflemen have the same vet 3 requirement as volks do. I don't think your argument holds water.

Stug has no turret, which gimps it severely. It's a good vehicle, don't get me wrong... But if you're going to use vet leaderboards as an example (which is silly imho) then you'll see there's currently only 1 vet 3 stug.

Mortar is fine. Any form of artillery will ensure your vet doesn't last long unless your overly cautious with it to the point where it's just tedious.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 08:34:37 pm »

Spinn, have you played EIRR?

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 10:24:54 pm »

Spinn, have you played EIRR?

Instead of posting useless comments, how about you tell me why you think my post was incredibly stupid?!

- Enkk
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:27:03 pm by spinn72 » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 10:33:03 pm »

volks and rifle vet is debatable. but i believe they are fine the way they are. this is not a problem, your bringing up a doctrine (assault nades) that people dont use, you could say that your spending a doctrine point and mu to easier vet? possibly, but no i dont agree.

Malgoroth said it perfectly for stug and mortars

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 10:48:55 pm »

Agreed with Mal on all points, the listed units are just fine.

I ran 10 Stugs with their superior frontal armor and suppression MGs to back up a volks mob of fausts, was pretty tough for allies to deal with.  Volks are fine infantry for their cost and cheapness.

The Axis mortar is, hands down, the best mortar in the game due to damage, range, and suppression which very few other mortars get.  But as an allied player, we don't field silly Allied Mortars to counter it due to its superior damage and range and accuracy, and most allied companies take doctrinal artillery since our infantry choices are doctrinal too.  My howitzer exists solely to take out mortar teams and nebs.  British get 25lbers, and add into that units like the calliope, priest, airborne strafing and off-maps, and pretty soon that vetted mortar is dead.  Being its so fragile, its currrent vet requirement is just fine.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 11:48:28 pm »

As i'm currently playing WM, it has come to my attention that veterancy is too easy to achieve. As everyone knows, WM has the most survivable and strongest units out of any faction, with the exception of very few British vehicles, and still, veterancy levels are low.

I'd like to propose higher vet thresholds for the following units:

Volksgrenadiers - Currently 25xp for Vet 2, 50xp for Vet 3. Too easy to get with Assault nades, Vet 3 can be reached EASILY in 2-3 games. Volks leaderboards reflect this. I'd like to propose 40xp for Vet 2 and 80xp for Vet 3. It's lower than Grens, but not too low. Lets face it, if they're going to be as versatile and survivable as they currently are, then they need some kind of nerf.

STuG - It surprises me that a heavy axis tank can reach vet 3 in 57xp, especially one that has a better than average MG on top of it. I'd like to propose 40 and 80, same as the Ostwind, considering the armour of a STuG. If not this, then maybe mirror the Hetzer, the closest tank to a STuG with 33 and 67.

Axis Mortar - Vet 2 requirement is currently 29xp. It's not so much of an issue of the veterancy levels, it's more the buffs that it receives with veterancy. Buffing the longest ranged mortar in the game to have more accuracy, suppression, and less received damage for 29xp along with Doctrine buffs (Wait for Terror - Heavy Support if it comes back to stack with this). I would suggest a slight increase in this to 35 or 40xp for Vet 2, with Vet 3 at 65.

Thoughts? Other problems with other factions and levels of veterancy? Post here!

- Enkk

What what what? Stug and mortars are too easy to retain vet on?

These units are prone to get instagibbed. Stug sits there still at just above 400ish health, even at vet 3.

I'll give you volks though.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 02:03:23 am »

Volks veterancy suggestion is alright.

StuG, 3 ATG shots is often all you need besides these things shouldn't be vetted up anyway.

Axis Mortar. When you see 3 flares or hear some form of arty banging in the distance it disappears from the map with its veterancy

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 03:48:05 am »

volks are expandable,why even bother with vet on them...
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 07:19:28 am »

My howitzer exists solely to take out mortar teams and nebs. 

i use mine with royal to take out the enemys storm blobs.
people never learn

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 09:22:47 am »

Stug is pretty good with gunner and side skirts, but usually it's better to get an upgraded pzIV for the same ammo cost.

How exactly does volks vet reflect on the leaderboards? They have the LEAST vet of all infantry units in EIR.

Wehr mortar is fine.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 03:19:41 pm »

Is it just me who think that's just funny?

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 04:34:05 pm »

Yeah I noticed that too Dark, it's on par with a Tiger....  Grin
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 04:50:57 pm »

you can kite pershing's quite well with him  Grin ..dunno why would you use panther when u have mighty stug at your disposal,for just a bit of price!
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 07:46:00 pm »

ATG = 5 pop
STuG = 8 pop
Panther = 15 pop

I'd rather have 2 STuG's on the field vs 1 Panther!

You can field 3 and a half STuG's for the same fuel price as roughly 1 Panther. Manpower is 300-400 more, but i'm sure you would have just spent that on empty volks anyway!

Stug is pretty good with gunner and side skirts, but usually it's better to get an upgraded pzIV for the same ammo cost.

How exactly does volks vet reflect on the leaderboards? They have the LEAST vet of all infantry units in EIR.

Wehr mortar is fine.

STuG will have a better chance against a Sherman in a 1v1, whereas a P4 will not. Depends on what you're using them for I guess, AI vs AT.

volks are expandable,why even bother with vet on them...

Because SP's don't exist  Grin

Seems i'm in a minority though. These were just some thoughts that I had, i've shared them and nobody seems to agree, it's all good! Thanks for the replies.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 07:52:04 pm »

ATG = 5 pop
STuG = 8 pop
Panther = 15 pop

I'd rather have 2 STuG's on the field vs 1 Panther!

You can field 3 and a half STuG's for the same fuel price as roughly 1 Panther. Manpower is 300-400 more, but i'm sure you would have just spent that on empty volks anyway!

STuG will have a better chance against a Sherman in a 1v1, whereas a P4 will not. Depends on what you're using them for I guess, AI vs AT.

Because SP's don't exist  Grin

Seems i'm in a minority though. These were just some thoughts that I had, i've shared them and nobody seems to agree, it's all good! Thanks for the replies.

Depends on how you see it.

Stug is like semi MG, semi atg for 8 pop.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 07:53:47 pm »

STuG vs Sherman is actually a lose for the STuG, at least vs an upgun.

STuG penetration vs Sherman front is suck.

Anyway, yes, 2 AP ATG shots basically kills one, I see no reason why the vet would be considered OP.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 02:07:15 am »

STuG has super armor against pershing
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 01:51:51 pm »

STuG vs Sherman is actually a lose for the STuG, at least vs an upgun.

STuG penetration vs Sherman front is suck.

Anyway, yes, 2 AP ATG shots basically kills one, I see no reason why the vet would be considered OP.
stug have .75 penetration modifier against the sherman and 50% damage bonus.
The 76mm sherman would own the stug but the 75mm will get manhandled.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 03:33:18 pm »

exact same story with the P4. 76mm should be its own tank cost 30 more fu and mp
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc