Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:20:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.9.Z.3 Patch Discussion  (Read 17109 times)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 01:43:33 am »

fuck the stats!!! rew points and super pershing with maus thats wut i call good patch

woop woop devs gj

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Evilnrg Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 06:59:38 am »

Is the DEF officer buff working ? No buff  ?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 08:27:24 am »

I don't think it really matter's if devs use the units. just as long as they don't have a infinite flow of points.

MUUSSttt Nottt abbbuuussee the POWER!...

*groundfire account accredited with 99999999 points

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 11:29:49 am »

Plenty of people likely know by now, but in case it hasn't been mentioned in public properly... The Super Pershing model appears to be incomplete.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 11:33:53 am »

Is the DEF officer buff working ? No buff  ?
The top t3 makes it a sector aura, otherwise you have to use supervise, he does not have an aura like he did before.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 11:40:35 am »

Plenty of people likely know by now, but in case it hasn't been mentioned in public properly... The Super Pershing model appears to be incomplete.

Yeah, we'll fix that when we get the chance. That didnt show up during tests.
Evilnrg Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 12:04:22 pm »

I tried, i dont see any buff unless they removed the dmg buff and give it min -5% dmg only...
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 12:10:59 pm »

They changed the default buff to -15% Cooldown and -10% reload.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 02:57:36 pm »

wait i thought the officer has his normal buff he gives when he supervises, but if you get the top T3 then he ALSO gets a sector bonus to all units. and if you get the bottom T3 then instead of damage and accuracy buff you get the cooldown reload buff?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 02:59:52 pm »

Meh, Officer was kind of overnerfed, IMO. Could be interesting on tanks nowadays, I guess.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 03:23:36 pm »

There was never anything wrong with it's aura.

The problem with the Officer was it's damage buff doing crazy things to just about anything it touched. Having the buff itself changed to Cooldown/Reload solved that, but removing the aura? It's totally useless for mainline infantry now.

Tanks and support weapons though? Pretty neat buffs.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 07:51:19 pm »

the supervise is direct supervise only now with sector defensive bonuses

still the best officer in the game.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 09:05:27 pm »

Still the only officer able to take a tank shell in the face and smile with all his teeth

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 11:22:02 pm »

Now Officer can only do useful things on tanks and support weapons. It is currently as useful as a CCT without its aura and a single target buff. Even a Ltd is better than Wehrmacht officer when it comes to buffing infantry.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 03:12:36 am »

it gives offensive and defensive buffs...it's an lt and captain in one c'mon. quit being so spoiled, it was an awesome unit and the damage plus accuracy buff and it being so high was broken, obviously broken. i'm glad they finally fixed it and the way they've done it now is nicer

and this coming from someone whose only axis coy IS defensive and had 3 officers.
Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 07:46:41 am »

meh it wasnt the officer that was op it was when you combined mid t3 with with mid t4 if he doesnt have aura wide buffs now why even bring it? it buffs 1 unit and costs 2 pop whats the point oh and afaik it never buffed support weapons soooo the damage buff being op is bullshit since accuracy is way more important against infantry except for the panzershreck which was awesome with the damage buffs

oh and to yall who thinks that him being able to eat a tank shell is op well shit brits get sector and aura buffs the wehr officer needs something that makes him on par with the british ones
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 08:39:35 am »

Tym. These super awsome buffs this 2 pop Officer gives are only for 1 singular unit. 1 Single unit. It has no aura. The only aura it possibly gives is a sector aura. Top T3. Its standard abilities are what? Minor cooldown buff and reload bonus that are up to -20% cooldown and -15% from a T3? The only defensive buff said unit gives is a -5% recieved damage and accuracy.

When you put it up to double it grows up to -10% of both rec acc and damage but then you are stuck with pretty much empty hands doctrine wise. Oh unless you decide that stukas and nebelwerfers are your thing...but even then you'd rather go firestorm nebels. Currently it seems that no double T3 buff builds are perfectly valid all in all.

What this basically means? Officer becomes useless for any infantry squad as it can only supervise one unit at a time. However with a double T3 it becomes a rather nice unit for any tank in your company. Elefant with a theoretical 3.5 reload time? Or Panther with what 5 second reload time? You get the idea. For anything else? Well no.

88s themselves got double nerf in a sense. They went up a tier and lost their artillery ability, I'm not saying it is a bad unit but it is now your standard 88 that sits in one spot and covers a sector from any armor. Aka returns to its usual AT role from everything else.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 08:45:50 am »

So you'd rather deal with the lelOP buffs he used to offer. The hypocracy is just overwhelming.

Suck it up and wait for a hotfix if the BT thinks it's needed. Otherwise, take the top T3 and quit whining, you're getting free Vet5 buffs. Stack that with any vet the Defensive coy could EASILY have, and you've got some neatass shit going on there.

Need I mention that the Officer is doctrinal and more surviveable? I think it's great he has a niche roll and no longer controlls a horde of Grenadier-like Volks that almost never die and can take vetted, officer buffed Tommies to the grave with them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:47:39 am by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 08:53:38 am »

Known bugs:
Pak38 camo equipment, Mg42 presighted, mortar presighted
Don't cap territory
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 09:22:24 am »

Suck it up and wait for a hotfix if the BT thinks it's needed. Otherwise, take the top T3 and quit whining, you're getting free Vet5 buffs. Stack that with any vet the Defensive coy could EASILY have, and you've got some neatass shit going on there.

Need I mention that the Officer is doctrinal and more surviveable? I think it's great he has a niche roll and no longer controlls a horde of Grenadier-like Volks that almost never die and can take vetted, officer buffed Tommies to the grave with them.

So in order to make Defensive doctrines work with officers you need to aquire and veterancy? Who came up with that idea in the first place is I wonder.

The grenadier were still just volksgrenadiers so yeah they did die. The officer buffs were the problem. Now it is a single unit Supervise which makes him utterly useless unless you use him as a CCT.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc