Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:01:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Company Commander  (Read 4414 times)
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« on: September 06, 2011, 01:36:57 pm »

How about a Company Commander unit unlock for all factions? Every faction earns a company commander who provides aura buffs and special abilities for the whole army. A company commander can be a footsoldier, tank, or support unit for each faction. There will be assigned units to designate company commanders (ex Sherman, Panther, KT, Hummel, Officer... whatever). If you haven't yet purchased a commander, you can see the unit available under the "company" tab. Think of it like the difference between a panther and a panther ace. A player can choose to purchase regular officers, tanks, or infantry.. but they can also purchase 1 commander from a selection of units.

Company Commanders probably shouldn't be super powerful, but they would have buffs. A company commander in a sherman might come with better armor or speed. A company commander panther might have sight buffs or smoke screens. Commanders of all types should have special aura buffs to reduce suppression and other things like that. These buffs would be more exaggerated than the buffs unlocked in each doctrine, but only one commander can be present for each company... so the units are rare.

There are two ways that can be approached (from what I can see atm):
1) company commanders are persistent units chosen at the beginning of company creation and can unlock powerful abilities with vet. Similar to DOW or games of the like.

2) company commanders are glorified "ace" units that can be purchased in each company, but they cost more resources and would prevent people from being able to spam along with their company unit.

WHY DO THIS?

Because it's a fun way to be able to name, customize, and deploy your own commander in each battle. It makes vet building much more interesting and allows for each player to lead their commander into battle, who is designed to fit their own fighting style.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 01:42:57 pm »

Or, doctrines could be more focused in what they do, and allow for the naming of high vet units. Possibly a different skin for high vet units too.

Do this, and we wont have to add entirely new units for every faction and doctrine and worry about buffing the respective units, auras and subsequent over-buffed blobbing that will ensure.

I like the idea, but it shouts out that it's a stop-gap for something more permanent. That, and I've never liked hero units of any type in WWII games. Acts of extreme heroism or courage were performed by your average man who had risen to the challenge, or had some real balls of steel. Perhaps both.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 01:43:26 pm »

seen this thread before Roll Eyes

Edit - Spartan, I love that pic, but we can't have them in this forum.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:24:23 pm by tank130 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 01:45:44 pm »

I thought that this would be a good concept for another reward unit.

Not stuff like "Panzer Aces" cause that's just recycling old shit. Im thinking like something like a 3 man no combat "General's Staff" type unit that conveys global buffs for just being on the field.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 01:47:47 pm »

I thought that this would be a good concept for another reward unit.

Not stuff like "Panzer Aces" cause that's just recycling old shit. Im thinking like something like a 3 man no combat "General's Staff" type unit that conveys global buffs for just being on the field.

yeah I was thinking something like that too.

I used the "Ace" example to help illustrate how it might appear under the company tab. Regular sherman and cost vs commander sherman and cost.

Please feel free to discuss and provide other ideas.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 01:52:16 pm »

Another idea I heard and liked from someone on here was to have lower tiered officers be a separate unit but you can link em to another unit you want in the launcher for a particular stat buff.

Like, add a staff officer onto a squad and they get +15% accuracy to that squad alone.

I would like to see it as a separate linkable unit so to keep it from falling into an "upgrade" category and having every unit have access, but you could pretty much do it for infantry, tanks arty, etc.

Especially tanks, I would like to see a "experienced tank commander" that can be garrisoned into one tank for specific stat buffs. I think OMG has something similar to this already. It's a great idea tbh. Allows for unit customizability without heavy handed doctrines. (and we can pretty much make any tank have a commander now)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 02:35:48 pm »

I'm more excited about the idea of buying veteran units. These units should have a slightly higher cost, but can get two additional levels of experience. No stats difference other than that! If you can get it two level five (obnoxious xp requirement) it should also have a nice juicy thirty-percent chance of reroll when destroyed to reflect these being elite units and survivors of a thousand psychic wars. On top of the level 4 and 5 veterancy bonuses being good.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfiles/279/Vs554179364.jpg

Level 5 stuart, haunted by the chivalrous ghost of Jeb Stuart, american civil war cavalry commander.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:38:14 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 03:26:37 pm »

survivors of a thousand psychic wars.
Good song.  Prefer the Metallica version.

/derail

Back to your normal channels....

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 03:34:10 pm »

Why not just go the way of OMG and let regular units get vet4 (can be renamed) and vet5 (new skin) -.-. Its simple and it would add a new reason for me people to retain ludicrous amounts of vet.

I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 03:38:05 pm »

Hahaha... I would totally preserve stormtroopers (to the point of hindering normal gameplay) if I could at vet 4 rename them to...

ANTI-TANK NINJAS!  Grin

Or a MP-40 volk squad the A-TEAM... the last member is the guest character  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:44:36 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 04:12:01 pm »

ridiculous

why is everyone except me retarded?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 04:44:20 pm »

Or a MP-40 volk squad the A-TEAM... the last member is the guest character  Roll Eyes

give it boobs and its Jessica Biel
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 04:44:59 pm »

I'm not a fan of the idea, though I'm not totally against it.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc